THR BoneSmart = best recovery!

Hello! I think you sound pretty upbeat and I do believe you will be a fast healer!! That stinks about missing your club meetings.. I suppose Uber isn't an option?
I think it's hilarious how Ripple is using your LD and even more hilarious was Layla's discovery that there's been a huge upgrade! :rofsign:
But hey, if it works, right Layla?

Your dinner sounds very good, we are grilling pork chops and having fresh sweet corn and other garden veggies.

Here's wishing for you a great check up and they actually find your bones is healing faster with no implant slippage... I hope you are enjoying this wonderful weekend weather.
 
The weather is gorgeous. :flwrysmile:

I have all the siding doors open and I can hear the birds at the feeders and the Japanese bell chimes I bought on our trip there. Tomorrow I’m going to sit out as long as I can. I have beautiful Pennsylvania bluestone steps but no railing. Who knew I’d ever need one. :sigh: So it’s tricky getting in and out properly. I can’t do it by myself (yet?) so tomorrow’s my best shot of getting outside.

I forgot to mention that the Gabapentin is definitely cooling down the symptoms of the pinched nerve. Huge plus. And I think the oxy withdrawal side effects are now totally out of my system. I soundly slept 8 straight hours for two nights in a row. :yes!:
 
Wonderful news re: Gabapentin and the oxy withdrawal.
Your Sunday plans sound like a good day. :thumb:
 
Last edited:
Hurray for two nights of great sleep-it's so restorative, isn't it, @ceezee? I hope the good weather from yesterday continues and you're able to sit outside tomorrow and enjoy the sunshine and fresh air. It does sound like you'll be hobbling along for a good while longer, I'm so sorry. But I hope all this effort will be successful and problems resolved with your good behavior. I am sure it would try most of us to be non-loading bearing for so long. Glad you have a willing student in your husband for cooking instruction. I don't really love to cook, although I do love to bake. Dog photo was cute, and glad recliner is getting double duty usage! Have a good Sunday, and enjoy that sunshine--it's cool and wet in my neck of the woods and I'm craving the sunshine which isn't expected to return until--heavy sigh--Wednesday. It really is the start of fall.
 
Happy Sunday afternoon to you @ceezee
Hopefully you slept well again last evening.
Be careful on those steps, which do sound beautiful by the way, and enjoy your time in the fresh air, taking in the sounds of nature and your wind chimes. Hopefully is a gorgeous sunny day in your area :SUNsmile:

It's wonderful the Gabapentin is bringing you relief from the pinched nerve. Progress is happening :)
May it only get better! :yes:
 
Throw the confetti! :yes!:

I have mastered the crutches. :yahoo:

Both when going through the house plus up and down the steps to the backyard. I’m doing the steps very slowly, stepping down or up and not hopping. I am allowed too so very lightly use my bad leg to help balance. I need to think of stepping on eggshells when I do that. It’s only two steps and then up into the house so it’s not too bad.

The crutches are so much easier than the walker. Once I got the hang of them. Going upstairs to bed I’m sticking with the cane with a railing and I have a second walker upstairs to use.

Tomorrow will be shower day. That I can do by myself. :fingersx: I drag the walker and cane into it and I have a shower chair to sit on.

It's a beautiful day out. :SUNsmile: I’ve been watching Grand Designs on YouTube on my iPad. It’s also on Netflix but there are more episodes on YouTube. Me, my husband, and the pups. Life is good. :yes:
 
Lovely update! You sound so happy.
Mastering crutches, enjoying time outdoors with hubs and pups, shower day tomorrow and a grateful heart all make for a wonderful couple of days. You're right...life is good!
May it only get better! :friends:
@ceezee
 
Had a rough go and you are still seeing the silver lining-way to go. That view with Ripple is awesome and now a little more weight bearing and sunny days what more could you want. I previously loved to cook too but since this do not . I do like it when someone else cooks though.
 
Yay for crutch control! Glad to read you've mastered them, and I hope they give you a bit more mobility and stability, @ceezee. And today is shower day--I think we all appreciated the shower so much, especially those early days--so enjoy! Have a good Monday!
 
It’s been over 6 weeks since my last surgery and with the non weight bearing restriction I have now taking a shower by myself is a real adventure.

Luckily I can get the walker wet and that I have a decent sized walk in shower. But, I am now cleaned up again and I don’t quite feel like I’m camping. :rotfl:
 
Hahaha! Brings back memories. We have a walk in shower in the Master so I hauled my walker in also for the first two-three showers till hubs put the kibosh on it. I'd get out and water would trickle out the bottom unto the towels we laid on the floor basically creating more work for dear hubs. Ugh. I don't miss those days but there are some funny memories to look back on.

But, I am now cleaned up again and I don’t quite feel like I’m camping. :rotfl:

Hahaha! Or feel like you have the scent of a farm animal, lol.
Those early recovery showers are the best. You realize all you've taken for granted and have a new love and appreciation for the simple things....like hot water, soap and the ability to freshen up at will. :yes!:
Have a great one!
@ceezee
 
Oddly, the most frustrating part of this ongoing recovery is that I feel perfectly fine.

The burning thigh pain is gone with the new medication and both hips feel fine, perfect actually. No issues at all. My fractured femur doesn’t hurt at all because of the non weight bearing regime. I’m not sore or stiff anymore when I get up in the morning......

When I get up from bed, a chair or sofa is when it sinks in. So just sitting and concentrating on something is the perfect activity.

I’m hoping for good news this Thursday and then 2 more weeks of non weight bearing.

:bored:
 
The moments in time...okay, :dubious:
oop..not okay.:oyvey:
..nope ...think it's going to be okay...:yes:dang, what was that about..?:scratch:

You are doing just great @ceezee
And you have to feel better after a proper shower!
 
I was debating whether to use the crutches or the walker this Thursday to my meeting with the PA about finding out about any additional implant movement. I’m still building more confidence (and strength) with the crutches but the walker is hard work but so stable. My husband, bless his heart, said definitely the crutches. They’re more youthful and then I can tell people I broke my leg kick boxing. ❤️ He always lifts my spirits.
 
Just read about your femur fracture @ceezee Geez, I am so sorry. You sound amazingly upbeat. Think it is a very good sign that your pain is well controlled with non weight barring. My experience is that is a faster area to heal as it gets excellent blood flow. Crutches truly are more youthful. Lol. Your husband is so right, people assume injury when they see crutches. You also have the added benefit of keeping in better athletic condition. Seriously, that walker causes so many long term issues.

I really hope you get encouraging news at your appointment Thursday. Will be keeping everything crossed for a good report. Take it easy!!
 
I'm still laughing at your husbands philosophy in regards to the crutches! You sound in such good spirits. :loveshwr:
So happy to read that the Gaba is helping that annoying nerve pain.
I am currently sitting on our front porch and it's just the best.. we are in the shade but can enjoy the sunshine from a distance and watch the birds and butterflies around my flowers. So glad you have mastered the crutches and can enjoy the outdoors, now, too.
Except I need to go to work in the afternoon. :dubious:

Will be waiting for a Thursday report!! I'm optimistic for you.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom