Guest viewing is limited

THR BoneSmart = best recovery!

Good stuff. Used to make my bread but kneading involved--no more with hands though. Sounds and looks so delicious.
 
I make my own biscuits...they're called Wampum Biscuits.
You peel the outside paper off of the cylinder and Wampum on the counter.
The ones with the layers are yummy.
 
Last edited:
One more reason to try this ..... my bread. It looks like the photo on the book and it turns out like this every time. It’s just the two of us so we eat one in a week and I freeze the other to eat the next week. So I bake every other weekend. You can always halve the recipes and make just one. Enjoy!

[Bonesmart.org] BoneSmart = best recovery!

Your bread looks amazing! I can almost imagine that I can smell it!
Glad to see you are staying productive, that has to feel good.
 
:wave: Good Morning @ceezee
Five more days until you can plant both feet firmly on the ground.
Your last weekend of weight bearing restrictions. You've been a trooper. :yay:
I hope you have a nice weekend planned and enjoy whatever you choose to do. Happy Saturday! :SUNsmile:
 
Thanks @Layla !

Today’s highlights are: taking a shower (now limited to every few days due to avoiding extra steps), playing around with my new iPhone which has the most amazing camera, and going out to a high end Japanese restaurant for dinner. This is not a bad day by any stretch of the imagination. :yes!:

A couple of photos of Ripple and Loki using my new iPhone...


[Bonesmart.org] BoneSmart = best recovery!
[Bonesmart.org] BoneSmart = best recovery!
 
Great photos, @ceezee! Amazing what our phones can do these days, isn't it? Sounds like things are going as well as can be expected, and just a few more days to get through before those difficult restrictions are eased. Hang in there!
 
Hi @ceezee
Great pics of your sweet friends. I wish we had the phones we do now when I was raising my kids. Would have captured so many more memories. A shower and a Japanese dinner out sounds like a good plan for a Saturday.
I hope you enjoy!
 
Only three more days :happydance::happydance::happydance:
Are you cheating at all? Even a smidge? I'll bet it's tempting :good-bad:
You'll have to celebrate, for sure on Thursday. Maybe even eat cake, it's that awesome!
Have a great Monday! :SUNsmile:
@ceezee
 
Oh yeah, it’s beyond tempting. :no-fin:

I will say that I’m not nearly as careful going upstairs to put the very least amount of weight on my right leg. It feels so strong and solid. But overall I’m doing my very best to be good. I have to say that moving to crutches from the walker has been a big help as they’re easier to use and keep the leg off the ground.

Actually it’s now only 2.75 days. :yes!::martini::walking::happydance:


@Layla
 
99% of the time I now make Field Blend #2. I’ve tried others, like the Saturday morning one, but I always go back to this. It needs rye flour, but not very much, and that makes it a little sweeter. Also, it uses a sourdough starter and I HIGHLY recommend you try this. All the stories you’ve heard about how tricky and difficult they can be are simply not true. If you keep them in the fridge and feet them once a month they’ll be fine. And last time I left it for at least 2 months and didn’t kill it. The care and feeding instructions in the book are perfect. I got one on Etsy but they only ship in the USA. I’m sure you can find one easily in the UK. Mine was even freeze dried. Also, I think maybe the book has instructions on how to make your own.

I photo I posted is of that bread.

Have fun! I think you’ll get hooked and become very picky about what bread you eat.

@Calgal
 
So.....my actual two week period of additional non weight bearing is to end on Thursday but I’ve decided to slightly lead into it. Tomorrow, the day before, I’m going to do some very simple things like using both legs to stand up and sit down, or stand still on both legs, or walk a few steps with crutches but not using them. Nothing crazy.

I’m concerned about a true LLD since the implant did shift a bit. I think I won’t know the answer to that for a few months.

All this laying around and babying my fracture has resulted in two pain free hips and legs. That will probably change into some discomfort once I start more activity and I’m ok with that.

On a real positive note my left leg pain due to the pinched nerve is slowly abating a bit. It’s always better in the morning and gets worse during the day. I’m still on the Gabapentin at a very low dose. I’m so curious to see if finally walking properly will chase it away.

It’s hard to believe it’s only been around two months since my second hip replacement and just over four months since my first. It seems it’s been forever...certainly six months and even more. May, when it started, seems so long ago. :umm:
 
I know you will take it slow and easy and acclimate those muscles and tendons to your new strut @ceezee

Hope you rest well tonight:tada:
 
Sounds like a good plan @ceezee.
Cant wait to hear how it goes.
You will be walking in the mall again before you know it!
I hope theres no LLD, I’m sorry you’re worrying about that. :angel:
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom