MUA Blue's BTKR and BMUA Recovery Journey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, forgot to mention - last night I had a follow up call from my short term disability company, very nice young woman. She was asking how I was doing and such, she'd be the person to work with me and my employer on getting me back to work when the time came. I told her of being re-admitted Monday, and why, so she'll be giving another call back on March 3 to check progress. I took the opportunity to briefly discuss with her the "what if" of possibly NOT being ready to go back to work on April 13 (my cut off date for short term). She said utterly no worries, I also have long term disability which would then kick in for up to 24 weeks I believe. She said I should expect a call from that representative towards the middle of March. They'll proceed as my OS directs and follow all of his recommendations. She was already thinking the MUA may delay a return to work, especially with the normal demands of my job (tons of driving, surveying construction sites and buildings, up and down tons of stairs, lots of hours on the feet daily). It was definitely reassuring to discuss with her so I know I don't have this drop dead cut off date looming ahead of me.
 
That's great news about your disability insurance. One less thing to worry about!
 
Oh, great news, thank goodness for the long term disability ~ one less worry for now.

Focus on your recovery, chick!

Jacki
 
Hoping that you're not worrying too much this week about Monday's MUA.

Not easy but definitely worthwhile! You'll be kicking some serious butt when your ROM increases :D

Jacki
 
@JackiFL I think my worry for Monday is not knowing what shape I'll be in afterwards - will I be so sore and/or swollen I won't be able to get around?? Hubby will be gone Tuesday/Wednesday and one of my bowling team mates offered to come stay with me if I needed her, hubby is supposed to call her Monday and let her know. I certainly hope the knees feel A LOT looser than they do now, and gain A LOT of ROM - this fairly sucks right now. Thanks for the well wishes, I really appreciate them :friends:
 
well, just counting down until Monday. Had the call for pre-admission testing and such, so I'm ready to go. Went to the bowling alley and supported my team last night - boy, it was really difficult to sit there for that long. I'm looking forward to having this done and being well on my way to full recovery.

Saturday we're supposed to drive about 1.5 hrs to my nieces graduation party - we'll see what tomorrow morning brings. After last night, I questioning if I'll be able to tolerate the trip well at all. They're doing a BBQ, and there will be areas I can sit and elevate so that'll be okay. Just need to be careful of not staying there too long then having a really bad trip home. Who knew there'd be so much planning involved with trying to do something now??
 
Hi Blue,
Can you sit in the backseat and elevate and ice on the way to the party and then on the way back home? I went to a neighbor's house on Monday and sitting in a regular chair with my foot on the floor really bothered me after less than an hour. Anything to keep yourself comfortable!
 
I second Texan's idea about sitting crosswise on the back seat to elevate and ice your legs on the journey.

Another pillow behind your back, against one of the (locked) side doors, perhaps?
 
Sounds like MUA will be helpful. Best wishes for Monday.
 
Yep, I'm already plotting and planning spreading out in the back seat. Trying to sit in the front just isn't going to work. I know I'll be able to elevate once I get there as well. @Texan it just is not possible for me to sit for any length of time in a regular chair - I'm lucky to make it through a quick ten minute supper, if that. Otherwise, I can feel my knees start to really bother me with tightness, I start squiggling all over trying to get comfortable, and just can't. @JackiFL I've already set aside a couple of pillows to take with me, definitely with one behind me against the door. Might be the best little Saturday trip ever, right??
 
Oh for sure, Blue! Make yourself a little comfy nest back there :D
 
Good luck Blue. This journey has been a roller coaster. It sounds like you are on the same track as your OS. And you are both anticipating a great outcome.
Don't get discouraged, and don't let others discourage you. You have done so well. Just a bump in the road.
Take care, I'm praying for you.
Fawkes (sue)
 
Blue , wish you lots of luck. Pretty soon these days will just be memories.
 
Hi Blue ... I call into JackiFL's thread a fair bit and often see your posts and have just realised that you are having MUAs ... plural?????? I have so much admiration for anyone who has a BTKR and now a BMUA? I wish you all the best with the MUAs and caring thoughts for an afterwards of either no pain or very manageable pain and lots of movement in your knees.

All the best ... Ellen:flwrysmile:
 
BTW ... I meant to say (and I hope this doesn't sound weird) but you have great looking legs and knees. Obviously something is stopping your ROM and I know it is possible for swelling to be on the inside or the back, but yours do look good. I'm guessing though that you would put up with a bit of obvious swelling if you could get more movement?????? Again, all the best for tomorrow and I wish you plain sailing from here.
 
Just wanted to say good luck on Monday Blue! I'll be seeing my OS Thursday to see if I am behind the curve for getting my ROM. although I feel great, I had more ROM at this time with the first knee.
 
Good luck tomorrow! We'll all be thinking of you!
 
Hi Blue,
How did you do on your trip to the bbq? I thought about you all day yesterday, wondering how you were faring. You are in my prayers for your MUA tomorrow. You will be back to bowling before you know it! I will be looking for posts to see how you are doing.

Cindy
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom