TKR Blendab1 meets her new knee

Status
Not open for further replies.
I slept with gel PACs on my knees in hospital but not wrapped up.... Agree that this would be a challenge to sleep with. Those staples make GRU look mean....eeeekkkkk pic post staples please. Maggie x
 
It's irritating enough with these hoses on all the time. My knee is swollen also despite ice several times a day and elevation.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Gru at 11 days.

I hit a wall yesterday afternoon and it was not pretty. I don't know if it's because of leaving the house for my appointment or having my leg wrapped. My pain level increased to 5-6 so I went back to taking my meds every 4 hours and added an additional muscle relaxer to the mix. I didn't do my evening PT as all I could handle was elevation and ice. This took me by surprise as I've been doing so well.

I just had my PT and when discussing my visit with the doctor, she was surprised that I was asked to wrap my leg due to swelling. Now I'm confused, should I listen to the doctor or her?

At least I got 80 today And I graduated to a cane.


Brenda aka Bionic B
 
Hi Brenda....congrats on ROM and graduating to a cane. Sorry to hear that you hit the wall.....we all do it (and more than once in recovery). You will get back on an even keel in no time.....then go along nicely until Gru decides he is not getting enough attention and has a tantrum......life on the recovery trail ho hum...it's all good Maggie x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry you hit the dreaded wall Brenda..I have hit that darn wall a few times already and am getting tired of doing so....I would listen to the doc over the PT, but more importantly I would listen to Gru...did you sleep with it wrapped last night? and if so did it seem to make a difference? You might just need to take a day off of PT and rest ,ice and elevate until Gru is happy...I really noticed a difference at week 3...I drove for the first time today and my wonderful Groot has let me know that he is not very happy about it....so I shall ice and relax until I have to go back out again this evening..I took an overnight petsitting job this weekend, thinking now it might have been a bit too soon to do so..oh well, live and learn! Hang in there my friend, you are 1 day closer to being pain free...
 
@Spencieca the wrap did let me sleep on my side for a bit but it was still uncomfortable but I agree, I should listen the PA instead of the PT. I am going to try it again tonight and see how it goes. I have been elevating (now using 3 pillows) and icing all afternoon while watching Netflix.
I can't imagine driving after three weeks considering it was your right side being done as I could not even get comfortable in the car yesterday and I was the passenger, lol.
Hope you pet sitting goes well tonight and you have a wonderful evening.
Gru sends his love to Groot:loveshwr:
 
Hi Brenda...sleeping on your side...I put a pillow between my knees going lengthways knee to anklr to give top leg (4 u this is Gru) support. ...give it a go. Cheers Maggie x

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
Hi Brenda,
Hope you're feeling better. It doesn't take much to bring on the fatigue and swelling.
Take Care,
Karen
 
I used a king size pillow so the entire length of the legs are supported. That made a big difference for me.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thanks Brenda..I'm just a little over 4 weeks already..it wasn't too uncomfortable but it wasn't a pleasure either...at my petsit now in my jammies and ice packs on the knee...hope you get some good rest tonight! Groot sends Gru good vibes!
 
Thanks for all the good wishes everyone, I had a pretty good night's sleep once I got comfortable. I slept for about 7 hours waking up once to take some meds. I feel better today already.

@BananasKnees I do use a king size pillow in bed but for some reason lately it's uncomfortable and I think it may have to do with the amount of bruising I have. My thigh is bruised everywhere but on top and then there is bruising around the knee the front of my shin and around my ankles. They keep coming out more and more as time passes. I read a post where witch hazel was recommended for the bruises so I am going to get some to see if it helps.

@Spencieca Gru got the good vibes from Groot and is repaying them back ♥
 
Brenda it is great that you are sleeping so well. I am still only getting 2 to 3 hours at a time....this will pass. I wrote on my thread re compression pants....idea is to have the whole leg compressed...so stockings or pants are the go. Have a great day, Maggie x
 
Thank you Karen, I will give that a try as I know a lot of people who swear by it.

Maggie I got thigh high ones with open toes so it will cover the area my ace bandage does. I will also be able to put them on myself :)

Even with all the sleep I had last night, I've been napping like a champ. I just wish my upset tummy would go away. It occurs after I eat which is not helping with my appetite. Oh, that reminds me to go weigh myself, hold on....Apparently I've lost 11 pounds, silver lining!!


Brenda aka Bionic B
 
11 pounds :wow: That's awesome Brenda, but do be sure you're getting enough protein.
Happy Spring!
 
Don't turn sideways Brenda...we might not see you
Silver lining indeed. Maggie x

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
Karen, I have been eating mostly protein as I don't have a huge appetite yet. My nurse (son) is keeping on top of it.

Maggie, hahahahahaha, that would take a lot more than 11 pounds.


Brenda aka Bionic B
 
I lost 12 pounds but then I found it deffo a case of old timers syndrome

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I have lost 13 pounds since the surgery. I to barley can eat much, just no appetite or the food just doesn't taste right. Hate these pain meds


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom