TKR Blendab1 meets her new knee

Status
Not open for further replies.
@aj0114 I have a Trumedic electronic tens unit pulse massager. My son purchased it on Amazon. The model number is PL-009. I'm pleased with it.

My knee is slightly swollen so I'm not doing my exercises tonight in hoping I can get the swelling down before my PT tomorrow. I will let you all know what happens.


Brenda
 
I had a great session at PT today! I went in thinking I was doing badly and she measured me at 95 to start and after stretching I actually achieved 110!! I just about fell off the bed, lol. She was even impressed that I got 100 while laying on my stomach. This looks like I am going to get to cancel the MUA but we are going to wait to see next weeks results.
I really needed this good news as I was starting to get down again.


Brenda
 
Great news, Brenda! I think you can forget the worry about MUA. You're on your way! :yay::happydance:
 
Nice one but errrrrr less of the bed falling, not recomended

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Now that's a wonderful surprise and a great relief to you!
 
Had PT Yesterday with a new therapist and she worked my knee differently than all the rest. She had me do all my exercises first then she spent a good 20 minutes massaging the lateral side of my leg as that is the area that hurts when the sciatic nerve kicks in. She also had me dangle my knee and gently pulled down and it felt good!! She only measured me on my stomach and I achieved 103, better than Thursday. I am so looking forward to canceling the MUA appointment this week :)
Now it's ice time as my muscles are tired today.


Brenda
 
12 weeks post op, where has the time gone.

I am happy that I feel great and the knee is behaving like a normal knee. I can see why the OS said I should wait till 8-12 weeks to return to work, as there is such a difference in healing since I went to work at 6 weeks.

I have two PT visits this week and if all goes as well as it has, we will call the OS and cancel the MUA set for 6/12.

I am so glad I had this done as I'm having more good days then bad :)


Brenda
 
Really good news!!! I'm so happy for you.
 
That's wonderful. It also means there's hope for the rest of us.
 
Well, the MUA is going to happen . My OS Said they have to break up the scar tissue as there seems to be a lot. He asked me if I could live with ROM I have now and be happy and I said no, I had a vision of being normal and this isn't normal.
If I miraculously get 120 or better next week I can cancel. Praying for a miracle.


Brenda
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom