TKR Blendab1 meets her new knee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure it will be fine lass

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Thinking of you this morning. I also hope you are able to "baby" the knee for a few days. Sending positive thoughts your way.
 
Great news! The procedure was canceled, my doctor said my knee was bending as well as it should be at this stage of the game. I told him I was a little upset that I had to waste all this time for nothing but I was glad I could continue to heal on my own. Tomorrow I have PT and I'm going to let them know I will no longer succumb to this scare tactics.
Thank you all for the great wishes I believe you all had a little something to do with my knee cooperating for the doctor today!


Brenda
 
Wonderful news!


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
So, so happy for you!!!!! I feel exactly the same way. I do believe our senior Bonesmarties have it right. Slow & easy works. For me I feel a major improvement in my recovery. I do not believe in the pushing & pain in the early days. I know it now & I wont be pushed when the time comes to do my other knee. Awesome news Brenda. Yippee!
 
Chuffed for you lass, oh BTW chuffed means pleased.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I'm so pleased for you, Brenda! :):yes!::happydance::yay:

There really is no need to rush to get ROM - you have a whole year, or even longer. It's a shame some PTs try to scare you with the threat of MUA.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Brenda,
Just checking in to see how your week went.
Hope you're doing well!
 
Hi Karen!

My week was rough due to work but the knee was okay with the exception of crankiness when it rained. I did no official PT this week just stretches and walks. I'm very curious to see how it goes on Monday. I'm not going to have them measure me but if they do I don't want to know the number unless it's real good. I will not have them getting in my head like the last time. Also, been off all the pain medication with the exception of Flexural at bedtime it helps me sleep, so I not too much of an emotional wreck like I was earlier.
Thank you for checking in and I hope you are well as well!!


Brenda
 
Sounds like a good plan. I'm 5 1/2 months now and still ache when I get up in the morning. I ice once in awhile (like now) and take tylenol with ibuprofen once or twice a day.
My other knee, which has been doing great since the surgery, is starting to lock up, so I might be going through this again before long....
Have a great weekend!
 
I agree Brenda. Let them measure if they must but they do not have to tell you what it is. I only have 2 more PT sessions left. It is what it is; I feel confident that if I stay active & keep doing water exercise I will gain a little more ROM. I'm sure the same will be true for you because you seem like you are an active person. Is there an indoor pool in your city? The water exercise has helped me tremendously. Of course where I live it has been warm enough to swim outdoors for a few weeks now. Stay positive & enjoy the summer.
 
Yesterday made 15 weeks postop. I went to PT for the first time in two weeks and let them know that I did not want to know my numbers, my therapist thought I was nuts but I told her I was going to judge myself on how I felt. And she saw improvement and I've even seen it myself I now can go both up and down the stairs, I do have to think about itbut it's a tremendous accomplishment. I also can get in and out of my car without putting the seat all the way back woo hoo. I can honestly say this is the best I have felt since I've had surgery and if I don't get any more PT visits approved I know I can do this on my own.
I even managed to go to a train concert on Saturday and only had to sit down twice, I do believe My stamina is coming back!!!!


Brenda
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom