TKR Blendab1 meets her new knee

Status
Not open for further replies.
You just may need a little help getting there Brenda..MUA'S are to help you not hinder you..it is NOTHING you did or didn't do, some of us just make more scar tissue faster than our body can break it down...you have some MUA students behind ya! Hang in there my friend...
 
Praying for that miracle for us both. I'm at 110 right now & he would like to see more & so do I. We must remain optimistic. Have a nice weekend.
 
Its about what is best for you Brenda. I know after 13 weeks in plaster I had so much scar tissue it took eons of physio and me pushing, and massaging to break it down. But I managed to get back on squash court, was still rubicubes at it tho. Hang in there pal keep smiling.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Thank you all! I know in the long end its for the best, I didn't have this surgery to just be mediocre. I'm off for my pre-op appointment and then work. I seriously can't wait to come home to rest as it's been a very trying week at work and with the knee.


Brenda
 
Post - op 13 weeks today. I wish I could say everything is wonderful but not being able to improve has proven to be a pain in the butt. My MUA is this Friday and I'm praying it's going to be everything my OS promises it will.
I'll pop in once I get home Friday and let you all know how it went.


Brenda
 
Best of luck with your MUA.
I did at least 4 MWU on my own
With my week quads.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hey Brenda - don't lose heart - you have been improving - maybe not as you wish but you are getting physically stronger and increasing stamina every day.... yes the MUA is a little daunting but I think we have seen enough on this site with those we are in contact with to give you courage and conviction that this will help you in the long run. You are strong, determined and focused - go my friend - Maggie x
 
Brenda, I know this MUA was not part of your recovery plan but it sounds like you have confidence in your OS so I'm sure the outcome will be good. I will have you in my thoughts on Friday often. Do you get the procedure done in out-patient surgery? I'll be watching for posts. Chin up....you have accomplished much & this is just a speed bump in the road to recovery.
 
Wberry - ouch!! That's what got me in this situation when I did this to myself around 7 weeks.

Maggie, I love you! You are the most upbeat and positive person I know. I hate sounded like a Debbie downer but it's so hard not too. I will do my best to focus on the positive.

Jfiori54, yes, it's outpatient. Even though the procedure takes about 15 minutes I should be in the hospital for about 5-6 hours. I won't have my phone with ,e so I'll post when I get home.


Brenda
 
I'll be thinking of you on Friday, Brenda! Nothing but the best wishes for success!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
You've got this Brenda...just a little bump in the road to recovery. .I'm hoping you will find relief from the MUA as Teresa and I have....it's the unknown that frightens us...sometimes we just have to have a little Faith and say Go for it! I'm here for you my friend!!!
 
Good luck to you! Will watch how it goes with interest, as my ROM is not where it should be.
 
Brenda,
Sending you (((hugs))) and best wishes for Friday. Hopefully, this will be your last bump in the road.
You want to get the best results you can, and if the MUA gets you there, whoohoo :dancy:.
Good luck, friend....
 
Thank you all for the support. I have to be at the hospital for 11 am and was told it would be 4-5 before I get to go home. I think I'm more nervous about this than the original surgery because if this doesn't work then what??
I'll do my best to post here once I get home and settled.


Brenda
 
I hope teh MUA went well, Branda.

Don't forget to "baby" your knee for a few days. The MUA will have caused some minor tissue damage.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom