TKR Blendab1 meets her new knee

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just walked the dog today but after a great nap. Knee feels great, I even walked down the stairs normally. THAT made my day today!


Brenda
 
10 weeks post-op and I feel so optimistic! My leg is starting to feel so much better and I am amazed when I catch myself going down stairs normally without even thinking about it. Yes, the knee gets tired and cranky when I push it but when it's rested and taken care of it does feel as normal as I expected when I opted to have this surgery. I'm anxious to see what new things I'll be able to achieve this week.


Brenda
 
:happydance:Good for you! I can't wait either. Makes me look forward to see what I can do.:egypdance:
 
Hi Brenda
It will only get better from here.
I'm 16 weeks and got through a 10 hour plane/bus/car trip with no problems.
Still have early morning aches, but getting better...
We are getting closer to the finish line! :running:
 
Stairs improving here for me also. Are you improving going up them any. I find that is still a work out, but improving.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'm mostly doing them one at a time. PT has tested me doing them like a big girl, so I can do it.

Part of the problem for me is I'm carrying the cryo-cuff for morning and evening runs, so I don't have a good way to support myself to facilitate proper form.

I am trying to do a few steps at a time the "right way." I hope to gradually increase that.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
I am so happy for you!!! Things are improving for me also. I wish you the best in your recovery.:yes!:
 
@wberry going up the stairs is not an issue, unless my leg is tired then I catch myself lifting from my hip.

Today I actually sat in my recliner and didn't kick out my leg. That was a very pleasant surprise, especially where it didn't hurt :)!


Brenda
 
Yay for the little accomplishments! That's been my mantra as of late. I'm taking things as they come and letting my knee dictate what I do. Although I do sometimes go a bit too far.
 
Grand lass stairs are diff for everyone when legs are tired its a gravity thing
 
Yay for the little accomplishments! That's been my mantra as of late. I'm taking things as they come and letting my knee dictate what I do. Although I do sometimes go a bit too far.

Exactly!!! If I keep focusing on the good, the bad is not so bad. I finally got my new session of PT approved, so I have a session tomorrow morning. I'm excited to see if there is more improvement :)


Brenda
 
These little activities that we suddenly notice are actually about putting the "normal" back into our lives! Eventually, normal actually becomes what it is---just that---ans what was a big deal earlier is simply the normal way to lead a life---ironic, but that is what we crave so much.

You are re-assembling your life!
 
These little activities that we suddenly notice are actually about putting the "normal" back into our lives! Eventually, normal actually becomes what it is---just that---ans what was a big deal earlier is simply the normal way to lead a life---ironic, but that is what we crave so much.

You are re-assembling your life!
Thank you!!! I have been having more "normal" moments now. I have actually had a few times where I feel it's just a leg and not a knee!
I actually did a few reverse full rotations on the bike today and I had to make myself do it as it was fear holding me back, not the knee. It didn't hurt per say but it felt weird. I'm so happy that at 74 days post op I can finally see that I will be okay and it shouldn't take ages to achieve full normal!


Brenda
 
:yes!: Forward rotations won't be far behind.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom