TKR Blendab1 meets her new knee

Status
Not open for further replies.
One strange thing with the rotations on this last knee--I found when I was on the verge, I could do it if I didn't look. I think like you said, it was the fear factor at that point.
 
Good job, once you get pass it, it's easier each time. I'm up to 15 mine on bike now. You will get to the place it's a breeze


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
11 weeks and 1 day PostOp!

I have been able to walk longer before the discomfort kicks in, as I went to the casino with my family and was able to keep up with them,mans that made me happy!

My ROM has not achieved 100 from what I can tell as it's been tougher to get the stretch I need. I have this sharp pain on the outside of my knee that happens occasionally and hurts like the dickens. It seems to happen most often when I'm in bed. I also suddenly got two areas of my incision that are very sensitive and sore to the touch, it's the areas where PT says they can feel the internal stitches. Apparently they don't want to dissolve as I had one come through.

I know I need to have patience for this long journey but the Dr. Still has me going in on June 12 for the MUA and I really want to further along so I can cancel.

Now, I'm going to get up and stop complaining as its a beautiful day!


Brenda
 
Brenda - I am four weeks and one day going for a first post-op visit today. My ROM is less than 90 and I fear my OS is going to say those dreaded letters... MUA... I hadn't thought about the fact if I work smart maybe I could end up cancelling. Ugh. Not looking forward to this appointment.
 
Hi Tigz..I had an MUA at 7 weeks and was very glad I did..it only set me back about 1 week and had more ROM after..just remember that it is nothing thst you did or didn't do, it is just how your body heals...

Brenda: hope you had a great weekend, looks like the weather is getting much warmer for you! Give Fenway a smooch for me!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
It was what my OS told me and makes sense...my surgery was Feb 18th and I only had 45 ROM at week 2...by week 7 I was at 75...after the MUA I was at 101...I'm about 85 now and may have to go back in and have the OS clean up the knee with a scope but he told me to stop PT, give my knee 2 months away from formal PT, but still work on the knee on my own..After 2 months if I still am having a lot of pain and lack of ROM then he will go in..I may only get to 115 ROM but that's OK, I just want the pain gone when I try to bend it and will do anything to make that happen!
 
  • Agree
Reactions: Pax
I still get some minor pain at the extent of my ROM. May be more of a stretch pain in some ways.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
The pain I feel is like a something is getting hung up along the side of the implant. I actually felt it at work today. Thankfully my leg is feeling better tonight so I'm going to ice and elevate until bed time.


Brenda
 
That's the pain I have Brenda and it sucks! I wish I knew what it was, it is what is stopping my ROM :( my swelling is down a ton thank goodness!
 
Is it on the side by the knee cap or a little lower. Is it on the outside, if so I have a similar pain sometimes.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I have pain outside and slightly down also. When I'm not doing PT the pain and clunking go away. I think mine is IT band related
 
The pain I feel is on the lateral side just be,ow the center of my patella (kneecap). I don't feel it often but when I do it's intense. PT thinks it's an IT band issue because the intensity runs up to my buttocks and sometimes down towards my ankle.
I used my TENS unit twice yesterday and it feels better so far. I am going to use it again before I leave for work and then ice a lot while working.
I'm praying I have progress tomorrow and finally get over 100.


Brenda
 
I think your PT may be right.
My intense pain only comes when I have over done stairs, my signal to stop.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Good luck tomorrow, Brenda!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thinking of you Brenda & hoping that todays measurement is 100 or even more!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom