TKR Blendab1 meets her new knee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please don't set targets like that. It's the best way to get disappointed again. Just wait and see what happens and be pleased for anything you get.
 
Congrats on the full revolution! slowly but surely progress comes.
 
Blendab1 would like to know if you over extended your knee when using the restroom.Been reading your post. I over extended my knee getting in the car the other day. Been having some pain under my knee. I only had my TKR on May 5. Sounds like it is getting better.
 
@Bilbo my bathroom accident was when I sat I didn't extend my leg out so I forced my leg to bed at a 100 degree angle which it wasn't ready for. It took a few weeks but the swelling behind my knee is finally gone and the tightness is not as severe.
If you have that swelling, elevate and ice it and if you are doing PT have them massage that area as it helped a lot!! I hope you heal soon from your accident.


Brenda
 
Great name!!

I just read your thread and see you don't have PT yet so keep up the great work of your stretches. It's a long process for sure. I'm just about 10 weeks now and my leg is feeling normal when I walk, it's not just a knee :)


Brenda
 
Sent home with out PT. I think they may send me when I go back Monday. As I have lost some ROM.
 
Glad to see you are getting improvement. I think you will find the increased in ROM will help in other areas also.
 
Today my knee will be out to the test. I'm hosting my son's college graduation party at my daughters. Lots of errands to run and then grilling all the great food. I have my ice packs and will elevate as needed. Should be a fantastic time and I'm glad I'll be sleeping here tonight so I can hit the hay early!!


Brenda
 
Went to my mom's for Mother's Day. She's pretty fit for 85 but I didn't want her to do anything, so Boyfriend and I bought the food, drinks, paper plates, condiments, the works! My sister and brother in law, daughter and grandson were there and we all had a fantastic time! But I'm so used to, and enjoy hosting so much that I was barely off my feet the whole time. Every five minutes I was hopping up and down like a jack-in-the-box trying to make sure everyone had what they needed, taking pictures, etc. My brother in law noticed after awhile that I was barely bending my knee as I was flying around the apartment without my cane, and he kept reminding me to bend, while my mom kept asking me to sit and rest. But noooooooo, not me! :) :)

Had a fab time but by the end of the day, both my bionic and non-op knees were swollen and complaining, and were still a little bit mad at me the next day. Let me be the cautionary tale! Have fun but for Heaven's sake, get off your feet and rest occasionally! :)
 
I did the same when
I did photography at an event Thursday. Up and down and moving around. Knee mind was not happy by the time I finished. So ice feels really good that evening. Now it's raining and the knee confirms it.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Brenda, what a great milestone and a wonderfully happy occasion! I hope you have a chance here and there to get off your feet and prop up your legs a little bit. Congratulations to the graduate!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
It was a great successful party! I did ice and elevate a few times but the knee is tired and sore. A nurse in the crowd said I was not bending my knee at the end and I told him I knew as my leg felt like dead weight. I'm in bed , resting and elevating with a big smile on my face as everyone had a fabulous time. They were all shocked, including my son, that I had a karaoke DJ for the party. Everyone sang and it was great!!!
Tomorrow all I'm going to do is nothing!!


Brenda
 
Sounds like a great plan for tomorrow. Glad you made it through the party with flying colors. It's great to do some of those normal things again, isn't it!
 
I'm glad to hear that everything went well and that a good time was had by all!! You deserve a break today so relax and take good care of that knee.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom