Guest viewing is limited

TKR Blendab1 meets her new knee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you everyone for the love and support! I went to PT yesterday and I was still very swollen so I got massaged, rocked on the bike and then iced with the tens machine. I then went to work and told HR I need to lay down and elevate so they made a special room for me to do it as often as needed. I love my employer for accommodating me. After a long day I got home and iced a lot and was so happy to wake up with minimal swelling today. I guess wrapping the knee is helping as suggested by the PA.
I am sleeping through the night again and happy as my mood is upbeat again!!
Happy Friday ya'll.


Brenda
 
Oh, Brenda, that is wonderful! What a great employer, they should give lessons to others.
 
Sounds like they are more accommodating than my job. Glad your doing well. The weekend is here, time to rest and recoup. I go to full days next week if I am able. I luckily have gotten past needing a nap, so I should be okay.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
So happy to see that your employer is so supportive in your recovery. It really does make a difference! I finished my first week working half days and I need a nap when I get home. I'm taking a few more weeks of half days then back to full time. I'm taking your suggestion and wrapping my knee at work, I sure hope it helps. Have a great weekend!
 
Rest??? Lol, I was up at 5:30 this morning, took a half hour nap this afternoon, then went to Boston to celebrate my son's birthday. It's now 2 AM and I'm finally in bed. I'm happy to report the knee did well sitting through the whole symphony and all the walking I did. We finally went to the restaurant for dinner and I asked the waitress for a bag of ice that was the best thing that I could've done. So I'm sleeping over my daughters and hopefully I'll be sleeping soon. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend mine is starting off fabulously!!!


Brenda
 
Sounds like you had fun last night! That was a smart idea to ask for the ice...Hope you have a great weekend and try to get some rest!
 
Laura, my knee got grouchy during the night but I managed 6 hours sleep. Spent some time at my daughters but headed home so I could elevate. I guess I was exhausted as I took a nice nap. It's tough having a young heart and mind in an old lady body :)

Hope you have a great weekend too!

Brenda
 
I'm sure Gru was grouchy ! Glad you had a nice time..the hubby and I are headed out to an AIDS fundraiser so I'm sure Groot will let me know when he is done. .and it's raining here..can't complain because we NEED this rain! Hope you have a great evening and a nice and relaxing Sunday
 
That's right, your in CA you defiantly need the rain.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Day 49 post op.

Still struggling with swelling but I gave the new knee a workout Friday night. This week my hours at work are increased to 6 and with my new icing area at work I should be okay. I will also be going in at 9 instead of 8 so I can get some elevation in before.
Overall, I feel great health wise and I've managed to keep off the 20 pounds so far. I can't wait till I get the go ahead for the gym and golf!!
Hope you are all enjoying your weekends.


Brenda
 
Sounds great, Brenda. I think the swelling is par for the course once you start doing more normal activity. Hopefully it will start to lessen soon. Have a great week!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi Brenda,
Things will only get better now. It is so hard transitioning from the recliner to work LOL!!
Our poor knees were babied for weeks and now are subject to walking, standing, driving, sitting with feet on floor, Yikes!!! Lucky your employer is accomodating your needs.
I'm almost 13 weeks out now and here I sit in my recliner with ice on both knees. I still have good days and bad days, but do not miss the arthritis pain one bit!
Best of luck with next week.
Karen
 
Gym sounds great. I start my 8 hour this week. Planning to go to Gym after work. Swelling is improving, but it is slow to go down. We got to try not to do anything to reverse the swelling.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The swelling will start to go down little by little.....hope you were able to get some rest this weekend, sounds like you had a good time in the city! I can't wait to get back to the gym! Have a good Sunday!
 
I agree wberry!!

Today's 6 hour day kicked Gru in the butt! I even elevated and ice twice and it was not enough. I am going to try resting it every 1-11/2 hours tomorrow to see if that helps. Especially considering I have PT at 3. It is not going to be pretty. I better not get any speeches tomorrow or I may go postal!


Brenda
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom