TKR Blendab1 meets her new knee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well in my case, no more PT to over do it on me. I do my reps and do everything to minor stressing, but never painful.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
My ROM and comfort level have improved greatly since I stopped PT, SO glad to be done with the pain/swelling/pain/swelling cycle I was going through. things are so much more organic now, I'm really learning how to live with this knee.
 
I'm moving to a new apartment in a month and it's much closer to my gym -- I might actually have a shot at getting there once in awhile! LOL! :rotfl: You guys are right -- commuting IS my PT but I could use some work on these lazy quads. WB jinxed me - my leg buckled again today!
Brenda - I'd kill for a massage!
 
I wish I could blame PT for my swelling but it's from work. All I do at pt is get a massage, some gentle stretching and then the tens machine and ice.
I return to work full time next week and my pt is before work so I hope things will be better.
Have a great weekend, I'm going to rest and knit a baby sweater I need for next week.


Brenda
 
That's the right sort of PT for your stage of recovery, Brenda. Your knee is getting enough exercise at work, and the massage is bound to help.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I think the focus the PT to get enough ROM and general strength for a Pearson to assume as much day to day activities as possible. The ultimate goal being a return to as much normal activity as possible, and hopefully more beyond the limitations of the previous knee before TKR.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Today while doing errands I was getting new sensations of pain all around the knee, it felt like my nerves were waking up! I took a tramadol when I got home and my knee felt great. I guess just taking at ibuprofen at work is not enough, so next week I will take a tramadol at lunch to see if it will help me be comfortable. I really could not believe how great my leg has felt since the meds, I now feel excited instead of hopeless that I will get better someday!


Brenda
 
I know it's a long journey, Brenda, but you're getting there.
 
Yeap, now it's your turn. Had same thing happen to me last week.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I went back on my morning tramadol as well, the Advil was leaving me in too much discomfort at work, the tramadol keeps me nice and level.
 
I wish I could take Tramadol but it does not agree with my body at all! So Im still on the Norco........
 
Today I return full time to work. Thanks to a restful weekend my swelling is down and no aches or pains at this time. I'll take a Tramadol when I get to work and see if it helps. I'm also bringing my ice machine so I can ice at my desk.
I start my new hours of 10-7 and hope I can handle it


Brenda
 
you GOT this Brenda! I hope the Tramadol works for you, Im crossing my fingers and toes that it will! Good idea on the Ice machine at the desk...just take it one step at a time!
 
Just wanted to report that I'm half way through my day and the knee is doing well. I have had the ice machine going at my desk and I took a Tramadol when I arrived and now that I am at lunch I'm elevating.
I guess I stopped my mess too soon considering my return to work. I can't wait to see how it is at the end of my day, but positive it will be good.
This morning when I woke up I had hardly any swelling and no pain just general stiffness.



Brenda
 
I forgot to head the last post as:

POST OP 57 days. I'm at the 8 week mark! Things will be getting better from here on :)


Brenda
 
I'm glad you first day at work is going well. Don't forget to do almost nothing except rest, ice and elevate when you get home.
 
Great job. This is the start of my second full week. Only bad thing that happen was the downpour after work. I got soaked getting to my car


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom