TKR Blendab1 meets her new knee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad you're feeling a little better now. Hopefully it's just a 24 hour bug!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
please keep an eye on your liquid in take...with the headache and vomiting you are bound to be dehydrated...good job on the crackers and soup....do you like to make Greenies? I throw in a handful of spinach, 8-12 oz of coconut water, 1/2 banana and what ever other fruit I have in the freezer or fresh...I use the coconut water because it has electrolytes in it, better than plain water..I try to make one everyday..Hope you are getting some good Zzzz's tonite!
 
Been missing you on BS Brenda - how is the knee... so much about the stomach - are they conspiring?? Hope both are on the mend - Maggie x
 
My knee is sore from not talking the meds but it's bearable. Still don't feel good today as my tummy is still unsettled and this is unsettling me. I am going to force myself to eat normally today and see what happens. I have PT tomorrow and I can't afford to miss it. Off to make some toast.


Brenda aka Bionic B
 
Good luck!! Gingerale always helps me in these situations
 
I drink ginger ale when I feel queazy. Good luck with your recovery!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Had to go to urgent care as nothing was staying down. Dr said this is the ailment of the week and contagious, guess my home nurse gave it to me. I was prescribed Zofran and after 1 tab my stomach feels better, no appetite yet but I was told to keep drinking and when I was hungry to eat what I craved. I hope it's not lobster my son won't cook that, lol.
I'll be back tomorrow better than ever. :)


Brenda aka Bionic B
 
Oh no! Glad you made it to Urgent Care..now that you have some medicine you can work on getting better. .it's hard to be sick AND recovering from knee surgery. .try to get something in your stomach and DRINK lots of fluids!!!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I just had a bowl of soup and crackers, now we wait :) my stomach does feel 100% better so I'm hopeful. The big test will be when I take my meds before bed but I truly think I'm over the hump.
I cancelled PT for tomorrow but I will do my exercises as I have not done them for 4 days. I hope this health issue has not compromised my progress so far.
I love you all for your wisdom and support, you've helped me more than you will know!


Brenda
 
New here, but wow, that's like insult on top of injury, hope you feel better Asap!
 
Hi Brenda...hoping that the food stayed down for you as well as the meds...I wouldn't worry too much about the exercises, you had a pretty good ROM before you got sick, just take it easy tomorrow and then hopefully you can start OP PT next week.....I have PT 4 days in a row this week so I will throw in a couple of extra sets for ya...Give Fenway a smooch for me and hang in there!
 
Well, shoot! I'm glad the docs could give you something to help instead of just telling you "it's going around, nothing to do but wait". Glad to hear you are feeling better!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
If you cancel tomorrow does that mean you don't have it again until next week? That should give you a chance to get pass this.

Hey, my OS told me if I get any type of internal infection to let him know because it can get into the knee and he would more than likely put me on some antibiotics.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I've never heard of gastroenteritis migrating to the implant. It's usually a viral illness, so antibiotics would be pointless. It's good to be cautious, though!
 
@wberry my OS was aware of this but as Celle said it was viral. My food and meds have stayed put but I still don't have a big appetite, I think my stomach shrunk, lol.
Laura I am taking it easy as my body just wants to sleep today (rainy and cold out) so I'm listening to it. Groot doesn't need to any extra work for me but I appreciate the offer.
@Pax welcome!! This was a lousy bump in the road as I had been having a great trip so far.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Got ya, I was referring to the UTI I thought you mentioned earlier. Viral is good, it will clear out in time.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Okay BoneSmarties I have a question for you. I am 34 days post op and some of my steri strips are still on and as you can see from the picture I still have scabs along the surgical site. Is this why? Should I be concerned? I've been told to remove them but I really don't want to dislodge the scabs. Anyone else out there like me???
[Bonesmart.org] Blendab1 meets her new knee




Ps. Don't Mind the hairiness need the scar too scared to shave there yet. :)


Brenda
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm allergic to adhesive so I had no steri strips, just had the staples removed at 14 days and went on my merry way. As far as scabs, I tend to grow skin over them so I just soaked them off in the third week, no pulling or bleeding, just a little gentle assistance.
 
I kept things as clean as possible and eventually they fell off.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom