TKR Blendab1 meets her new knee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to car mobility.
I been driving experience since week 2. My new numbers are 2/107.

Walking around and carrying my can. Ready for recumbent bike next.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi! And congratulations...graduating to "real" PT, losing weight and driving! I think I found the pounds you lost and I still can't get my foot into the drivers door of my car so am having to depend on people taking me places. It will come, I know...just not quickly enough. Having your dog to take care of you really makes a difference too...I have 2 Danes who just don't understand why they can't get in my lap yet! Keep up the good work!
 
Congratulations on clearing your independence hurdle (driving)! I hope you and Fenway have a great weekend on your own! Fun to see the pictures of everyones doggies!
 
Well done lass on achieving both goals, plus as winter dissappears and summer comes the summer clothing im sure will encourage you keep on track re food.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Terrific ...now that you can drive you will see everything else continue to improve.....attitude makes a bid difference and the freedom to get up and go is liberating.....now would everyone cut it out with the weight loss please..I am starting to fill out my middle wardrobe and do not want to graduate to the big boy clothes again......Congratulatioms
Brenda
 
Thank you everyone, I'm happy with my progress so far. I am so totally bored and would love to go somewhere today but being alone don't want to tempt fate as I tire very easy. Next week going out to PT should help in that department.
I hope you all have a wonderful Easter or Passover weekend. Also Vinny no more weight loss talk until I hit 20 pounds :)


Brenda aka Bionic B
 
I never got to have the PT come to me. I been going there ever since the 4th day after surgery. Yes I was out patient PT on that Friday after the surgery. The weather is so nice outside now, getting out will help cheer you up.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Well I got to go out on a solo road trip as I presented with symptoms of a urinary tract infection so I had to get some meds. Once I got the meds read that one of the side affects may be tendinitis so I called my OS and was told I could take the meds. I wonder if this us why I've been drained the past few days.
It felt great to go out and see other people but now I'm tired so it's movies and popcorn for the evening.


Brenda aka Bionic B
 
Have a good evening, Brenda. I'm just hanging out with the fur babies too.
Very quiet in BS-land today!
 
Very good chance why you have been tired, besides the knee..when your body has any type of infection it uses a LOT of energy trying to heal and protect itself...Good job at going solo! I think you will see a difference once you start PT outpatient...the first time I drove to my appt by myself I felt like SUCH a big girl! Hope you are having a good weekend!
 
Brenda your plan for movies n popcorn is perfect. Re the UTI make sure you drink lots of water...gotta keep flushing your system. What movies did you watch? Maggie x

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
Thanks ladies, it's been a pretty chill night. Maggie I've been watching The Bible series and rather enjoyed it and cried a lot too.


Brenda aka Bionic B
 
Good for you - crying flushes the eyes - now gotta work on the other end - lol
 
Points out isnt a ladie- I have worked with many people who have had UTI, and know what it can do to you so fluids, fluids and yup fluids,. Take care keep smiling

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin, I would never confuse you as a lady!! I have been drinking a lit of water and cranberry juice too. I feel better already so I know the drugs are kicking in.

Maggie I have bee flushing out both ends :). I swear lately I can cry at the drop of a hat. I hope this clears up soon would not want a crying spell at work,lol.


Brenda aka Bionic B
 
Hi, Brenda.

Oh, the weepies! With the first knee, they hit me around week 4 as I was cutting back hard on the pain meds. It didn't last long.

The second knee started the day after surgery and was pretty strong for over a week. Even now, I am prone to crying over anything sad on tv. (This is waaaaay out of character for me.)

Hang in there. This phase too will pass!

I hope you're having a fantastic day!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Glad you have things under control. I think you'll feel much better once you are going out to PT - it is a big milestone to drive yourself and get out and about!!
 
Day 28 Post Op

Was suppose to go to out patient PT today but I had to cancel as I started vomiting last night after 8pm. I managed to sleep till 1am when I was awoken by pain as I didn't take any meds, so I took a dose and it stayed down so I took another dose at 5am and all was well. I got up a couple of hours later and shortly after my shower I was sick again and decided to cancel my appointment. Now I have to wait till Thursday, yuck.
I'm so disappointed but it is what it is. I'm heading back to bed and pray this passes soon.


Brenda aka Bionic B
 
Hope you feel better...probably just a little stomach bug...

Vinny
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom