PKR Bj Mac's Recovery

BJ those photos are professional, good job and that's pretty neat the 2 little ones were connected!
You have alot of stress points right now! Just getting through each day is a feat. Don't expect too much of yourself...just try to heal and not worry about stuff you can let go. hugs!
 
Thanks. I love taking photos. I have one more class tomorrow night, of my 4 week 'photographing people' class at the community college. The only disappointment was that it took all the way to week three before I learned anything new... I am hoping to learn more again tomorrow.

I am also trying to downsize my home and trying to let go of a lot of "stuff" there... I have not started my Christmas shopping either... YIKES! It is getting a bit close. Thanks for your encouragement and caring Marianne.
 
BJ that's great! You are improving your mind and I am sure the review is always good. Before my knee problem, almost 2 years ago came up, photography was my hobby. It was my first hobby after raising 3 kids. But I liked taking pics on outtings and squatting got impossible, well you know all that. It's great that you have put your energy into something positive!
 
BJ......my heart goes out to you for your lost baby dog. Oh my.....it makes me cry. American Eskimo dogs are so special. We have had five of them and each one has left a hole in my heart when they were gone. Both my sweet Toodie and I send you our love.
[Bonesmart.org] Bj Mac's Recovery
 
Thanks, Brownie. Eskie dogs are all very striking. Whenever we've had one of our dogs out, people always stop and ask about them. In fact, with one of our dogs as I was carrying her into the vet to be put to sleep (she was old and could no longer walk), someone stopped me in the parking lot and said how beautiful she was. Long, very difficult conversation because there was no way I could tell this stranger that I was putting this gorgeous creature to sleep. Really tough day for me!

Sorry, BJ.....we'll stop hijacking your thread! Hugs to you, hon!!!!
 
Hi BJ! How are you? I haven't seen you on here in a few days. Hope all is well and you are just out there enjoying life!
 
I was in the mountains, doing instructor training in the rain. My legs held up better this week than they did last week. On my last run, I knew I should have quit before that run and only hoped that I got back in before I hurt myself. I could only think about my "last run" the first day of teaching last year when I fell and hurt my back really badly. Then I had to call off my second day of work... The rest of the week I lived on Advil and Tylenol.

As I stood in church this morning I realized that I could stand for the whole time for the Praise and Worship. I could not do that last year at this time. I would have to sit down because it hurt so bad. YAY!!! Victory
 
[Bonesmart.org] Bj Mac's Recovery
It's taken a while to get where you are, BJ, but you've made it. Remember those days you thought you'd never make it. Looks like you'll be able to rock around the Christmas tree this year!
 
Yes, I will be able to rock around the Christmas tree, and teach skiing and stand at church, and so many other things.

Yesterday it was hard looking at the Snowboard instructors, because at this point I would rather be one of them, but I am sure I will feel better being a ski instructor also once I get that 1st lesson taught. I talked to the young man who was running the ski school at the end of last year and told him that I am a ski instructor now. He corrected me and told me that I am both now. He knew just what to say. :)
 
So the other day when we were doing instructor training one of the new instructors had the rest of us do a drill where he set up his ski poles for us to do a relay race. We (one from each team) were to run down and around the ski pole in front of us and then run back and tag the next person on our team. After a few running steps in ski boots I knew that it was something that I should not do. I stopped and the team was shouting for me to run. I had to humble myself and say "NO, I can't. This is not a good thing for me to do with this knee." It was hard for me to do in front of the rookie ski instructors and my trainer, but I knew that it was not worth hurting so much that I would not be able to ski later.
 
Better to be safe than sorry! Good choice in standing up for yourself. :yay:
 
BJ, I really do know how much that cost you. My ski school is like a piranha tank---any weakness is scorned and commented upon. I know recently, one of the young instructors told me, Kelly, I am stronger than you are.

I looked at him and said, let me see---you are 30 and are bragging that you are stronger than a 68 year old woman----Wow, that is impressive! Yikes, save me from this stuff.

Since you teach on skis---I fail to see how a "training exercise" off skis is very helpful. We actually are not allowed to do much off skis with our clients---and never with ourselves. Somebody was trying too hard to be different. I could understand if there were five poles and you did a run down through them---but running??? Smart cookie, don't let the testosterone poinsoning that is rampant in ski schools get to you so that you do stupid stuff to Keep UP. And also remember, that folks have short memories and they will forget this a lot faster than you will.

I am skiing today!!! This is the first time I have missed opening day in 22 years---but, I could not leave Bob with Bennie without some help. Bennie can now walk outside to "do his business". We then have to bring him inside and put him in the crate. He has to be crated most of the time. I empathize with him--he is so active--and he has been forced to a standstill. But, it is his only hope for a recovery. bob and I worked to get some systems in place---we now time his six breaks outside. Have divided his food into three meals a day and have got the pain meds on board for him. It is so hard to see him like this and I feel guilty that I want to ski so bad!!! But, the entire resort is covered in nice, soft powder and it is calling my name!! It has snowed the last five days and we have two feet of powder up there. I am going to ski for the am only!!! But, at least I will feel some snow passing over my new skis. Kelly
 
Kelly, I sure hope that the 30 yo male ski instructor is stronger than you...lol It is really sad that he feels the need to brag about that. Perhaps he is rather insecure.

They want us to go over some "boot drills" before putting the skis on the students, how much is debatable as different instructors have differing opinions. It is my belief that the students come to ski and the sooner you get them on skis and moving across the snow the happier the customer is. (personally I can see no good reason to have anyone run across the snow in ski boots, and I am pretty sure that my trainer was of the same mind, because he quickly redirected us after that new instructor had us do that 'drill') We had to do a bit of intro to the board / training with the snowboard students last year, but we found that the sooner you got through the basic intro info and got them on the board the happier they were, so I am quite sure that the skiers are no different. We all come to slide across the snow.

I just have to say that I am really pleased with my 'people pleasing / never say die' self, that I actually stopped and said "NO! I am not doing that." It was a huge risk, but I can't help but give myself a hearty pat on the back for standing up for myself in spite of what it may cost.

I am so glad to hear that you are out skiing today, even if it is only for the morning. I hope that you have a wonderful morning. I am also excited to hear that Bennie can walk outside to do his business. YAY, Bennie!!! I will keep praying for his healing and your patience as you care for him and Bob.

Our resort is nothing but slop and mud after all the rain that we have had. It is supposed to turn to snow tonight, and be cold enough over the next few days to get the snow blowers going again. We are only open on the weekends at this point.
 
Bj, I went up to the hill thinking that I might ski a run or two. Then, I looked down under the chair and saw people in waist deep powder. I skied right after them---wow, what a wonderful first day. I skied all day---my legs are like jelly now, but it was awesome!!!
 
I am living vicariously though the both of you and so want to be on the hill again...next year I hope!!!! That's awesome stuff BJ, standing up for yourself and saying no to something you knew would hurt you!!! And Kelly, that 30 yr old guy, one should hope he is stronger than you...he must have self-esteem issues?
[Bonesmart.org] Bj Mac's Recovery
[Bonesmart.org] Bj Mac's Recovery
[Bonesmart.org] Bj Mac's Recovery
[Bonesmart.org] Bj Mac's Recovery
 
Kelly, sounds like just what you needed, a day to step away from the stresses at home and just enjoy the snow and exercise. I am so tickled that you had such a great day on the snow.
 
Thanks Tessa, you will be out there next year and loving it. You will have all summer and fall next year to build up your muscles for skiing too.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom