PKR Bj Mac's Recovery

Awe BJ, I am so sorry for the loss of you beloved Snowball!:console2: Losing our pets is like losing a family member that we love so very much! May you find comfort in your happy memories of her!:puppysmooze:
 
Thanks Jacky. I took Misty for a long walk this morning. We are creating a 'new normal'. Misty is following me everywhere, and we are comforting one another.
 
Running over one of my dogs is a fear that we have at home. We have 2 bassets and they are constantly getting too close for comfort when we pull into the driveway. They get so close to the truck that we can't see them and we just go slow and hope that they stay out from underneath the tires.
I can't imagine what you and Misty are going through. prayers and hugs to the both of you!
 
Thanks! Yes, I don't know if you can ever be too careful. I have been super cautious since about 7 years ago when Misty being a hearding dog, hearded Snowball right into my car and Snowball had a broken pelvis back then. I was traumatized then and even more so now, but counting my blessings that she went quickly and it wasn't drawn out and miserable for her. Misty always circles the cars coming into the driveway. It is scary...
 
Kelly that was so wonderful for you to tell your own story. It must have been painful for you, but a very loving thing to do.
BJ that is just so sad. I am so glad you have already found a way to get through this by helping Misty get through and celebrating Snowball's life rather than dwelling on the event. I will be anxiously awaiting the boot recommendations but have you checked Footsmart.com? Debbie and someone else mentioned them and they have all kinds of brands of comfort shoes. The photos of your dogs and also the photo of Misty and Prince is so sweet. Is that your daughter in the photo?
 
No, I have not checked footsmart.com, I really think that I will need to try them on though...

Thanks, and yes, that is my daughter with Prince and Misty.
 
So sad to hear of your loss. Our pets are so precious to us and are really family. Thinking of you---take care.
 
BJ your daughter is so pretty!
How did you and Misty get on today? A 12 week old malamute walked past my house today. Eyes were different colors, she was such a stately and sweet animal. I swear she was smiling at my Sophie.
I hope you are feeling okay tonight BJ. Today when getting in my car I was so much more cautious and realized how easily I could accidentally hit a small child or animal when backing out of my driveway, crossing the sidewalk. I wish I had a newer car that had one of those back up screens. We had fine misty rain with dark skies and it was hard to see. I am sure all of us will be extra cautious because of your story and I thank you for sharing. I hope each day will be better for you.
 
BJ---I wear boots with a sole that has good traction. My current favorite pair is from Columbia Called BugaBoo--they were reasonable priced and look like a hiking boot, work great with snow shoes too. I often have to use snow shoes with the dog here in Montana!! My second favorite is a pair of Merrill s---they are a low slip on and have a "sticky sole" I wear them a lot up to the ski hill because I do not want to fall in the parking lot!! They are called something "Jungle Mocs" they really do have a great sole for walking on ice. Mostly I just do not want to fall on ice!!!



[Bonesmart.org] Bj Mac's Recovery




[Bonesmart.org] Bj Mac's Recovery
 
Marianne, thanks for asking.

Thursday night in my photography class I was looking at my camera and realized that my last pictures had been 9 days before losing snowball with her and Misty laying on the floor together. I had a really hard time not sitting there and crying and had to force my attention back to what the instructor was saying.

Yesterday Misty and I went out for an early walk and wound up walking with a few of the neighbor ladies and talking with them. That was nice and then I took Misty to get groomed. I tried really hard not to cry as I took her and left her there by herself for the first time in her life. I had a few break downs where I had to just lay on the floor and cry and hug Misty; she is so soft and cudly and the extra hugging and petting does her good too. She has her tail down a fair amount these last few days which she almost never does. In her regular happy state her tail is curled up over her back. Actually Snowball lived with her tail down mostly for the last few months at least which was sad to us and an indication that she just was not feeling well.

Last night my granddaughter came to sleep over. She has asked about Snowball several times. She said, 'sometimes grandmas have to cry when their Snowballs die' or something to that effect.
 
Its hard when you lose a beloved pet, it is a part of your family that is lost. Hope you are doing better and that Misty isn't feeling lonely for too long. :puppysmooze:
 
So, my granddaughter was over and she was pretending to be Snowball and chasing Misty around the house. Then my son come to pick her up and brought his two dogs to visit, and they ran around with Misty. I think Misty got her exercise today, but she seems to really be missing Snowball. I did OK because I was soooo busy with my granddaughter and then getting ready to have people over and then having a party. Misty yelped at one point and got up and moved to another place and no one could figure out why. I think that she had a bad dream. I got on the floor for a while and hugged her.
 
Poor baby! Dogs are so compassionate. I can't imagine what goes through their minds when they lose a companion. Give her lots of love! :puppysmooze:
 
BJ, Snowball will always have a place in your heart, forever. It might seem too soon, but perhaps you could adopt another dog from a rescue for Misty and you? When my beloved Nina died many years ago, someone suggested that idea to me. At first I thought they were heartless, but then realized it is like having another child- you don't love the first one any less just because there is another. I then went to the shelter and got my wonderful Molly- who was going to be put down the next day because she only had 3 legs and was deemed unadoptable. I had her for 19 years. So I saved her life and enriched mine in the process.
Just an idea...
 
I am so very sorry to read of the loss of your beloved dog. I have no doubt that your friend is waiting for you at the bridge.broken link removed: https://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom