PKR Bj Mac's Recovery

[quote="Janet2012, post: 356744, member: ](I were another English major I self!)[/quote]

Never mind Judy! With yer purfect grimmer I went yew too prewf mye pepers! :rotfl:
 
Hey I taught English for a lot of years too...( I kind of forgot...lol...homeschooling the kids for 15 years, now my daughter is doing cyber school) I am ok with: You is beautiful, You is smart, You is important... I loved those lines in 'The Help'
 
I overdid it again yesterday getting my house in order and clean for the real estate agent who came today. The good thing is that once again my right knee was not what hurt me the worst. Yay!!! I tried to take it easy today. I am still not very good at taking it easy, but I am trying to learn how to do this. :whistle:
 
BJ, I also moved after my divorce and that is one hard day after another. It is tough to let go of furniture that will not fit in the new house.. . and all the kid stuff too. If it help, none of my kids have ever wanted one of their elementary art projects!! I kept one or two from each kid and let the rest go. I keep my memory stuff in a box---a footlocker from my dad and it cannot overflow!!

Just be careful to schedule lots of fun stuff too---movies and coffee dates with friends make the day seem so much brighter. K
 
Thanks Kelly, I am debating when to put the house on the market at this point as it is my daughter's senior year. Part of me wants to sell and move on now and another part wants to take this yea,r if we can, to finish out her senior year and give me time to sort through and work on the downsizing. I am not sure yet what I can do financially in the way of housing yet. I have sooooo much to go through especially since I have all of their school work from years of homeschooling logged and filed away and will need to get rid of almost all of that. This downsizing is an overwhelming project and I am desperately needing the "Extreme Self Care Retreat" that my counselor is doing for some of the women in a few weeks. I am looking forward to that time and making time to do special things like you suggest. Thanks!
 
Don't forget about the retreat in TX! Cowboys -vs- Steelers! GO COWBOYS!!!!!!!:happydance:
 
Hi, It has been a bit rough around here. A broken water main has been leaking into the house for days. We have rigged a funnel and hose so that I do not have to run up and down the basement steps to dump the bucket every hour. Phew! That is such a relief. My knee was achy from all the trips up and down the steps yesterday... They should be here to turn off my water and dig up my yard tomorrow and fix the leak. I do hope all goes well. Then it is off to my Extreme Self-Care Weekend. Yay!!!! :happydance: It is sorely needed, even more than I thought that it was going to be. That's Ok, I will appreciate it all the more!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Bj Mac's Recovery
What a bummer, BJ! Glad you got something rigged and that it'll get fixed tomorrow---just what you needed--another problem. Maybe your rain will be over for a while. And then there's your week-end to look forward to. [Bonesmart.org] Bj Mac's Recovery Get lots of pampering---you deserve it!
 
Well the leak has been taken care of and now they are backfilling the large hole in my front yard. Yay, running water, and only where it is supposed to be running!!! :yay:

Now I am getting ready for my "Extreme Self-Care" Retreat. :egypdance::happydance:
 
Tomorrow I have my appointment with my OS. Time for the professional opinion of how my knee is doing. I will be telling him about how it is still hurting and swelling...
 
Good Luck tomorrow! Hope the knee begins to listen to you soon...I know I am tired of listening to mine already!! :umm:
 
The doc didn't seem too pleased with the progress or lack thereof... He drained 20cc of fluid from my knee and said it is clear, but he will have it tested for infection just in case. He also had blood drawn and sent for testing, looking for a possible infection. The exrays looked fine, nothing loose or out of place. He is not too pleased that I am still hurting and limited as much as I am. He also gave me a cortisone shot and told me to, "Do Nothing!" for at least a few days to see if the rest and the cortisone shot helped.

He scheduled me back on November 1st, with himself and a top notch surgeon who does arthroscopies. If we find nothing from these tests and it does not improve by then He will have this doc go in arthroscopically and see what he can. If none of this helps and the next 7 months pass without much improvement he will recommend an upgrade to a full replacement.

Needless to say, I am discouraged. I had already begun to give up hope of snowboarding this winter, but another knee replacement so soon? Extremely discouraging indeed!!!!

My first thought is if that's as good as it gets, then I am going to throw caution to the wind and go snowboarding anyway... Nothing to lose if I have to get a full replacement anyway. (The good news is that I am not one who makes rash decisions like that though, I may think about it, but them I will weigh it and consider things more completely before making a decision)
 
So sorry things are not going well with your knee post op. You took a calculated chance with a PKR but sometimes that's they way it goes.

Think I'd throw caution to the wind and go snowboarding, well, if I could snowboard. Perhaps there is a brace you could wear that wouldn't hinder your activity too much but still protect your knee.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom