PKR Bj Mac's Recovery

Judy and BJ, Don't I know it. Whenever I go over now to work in my classroom for an hour, it turns into three. And my knee swells and it is very hard to resist getting that one more thing, that turns into ten more things, done. I walked today in my beautiful arboretum. My friend Marylynn went along and was very kind about walking my pace. I'm not sure if I'll go into school today at all. Tomorrow, yes. We'll see.
 
Well BJ, I could tell you to quit overdoing it, but that would be silly! You are a driven determined individual, and I on the other hand am a laid back easy going kind go gal! :rotfl:
 
Yep, I am resting up at a horse show. Sitting around melting in the hot sun... Taking some pics, loving on our horse, and enjoying time spent with friends.

[Bonesmart.org] Bj Mac's Recovery [Bonesmart.org] Bj Mac's Recovery [Bonesmart.org] Bj Mac's Recovery [Bonesmart.org] Bj Mac's Recovery [Bonesmart.org] Bj Mac's Recovery [Bonesmart.org] Bj Mac's Recovery

Oops! The last pic was my daughter picking herself up off the ground after a fall in one of her jumping rounds. She is fine and did much better today. Today she won champion, sure beats falling off any day.
 
BJ,---for your daughter
[Bonesmart.org] Bj Mac's Recovery
Congrats on being the champion!


And you--great pics as usual---beautiful horse---beautiful daughter---beautiful photographer!
 
Jane, yes pain, but it is bearable and the swelling doesn't seem to be overly much... Yes, being with friends and laughing makes things soooo much better. :happydance:
 
Hey BJ! Just catching up with your thread. How are you holding up? You are going through some major physical and emotional changes.
I think you should get your knee checked out with your OS. When I am reading now that you are in pain 4 months post op, I wonder. Are you aching in the morning or only after you have been working on the knee for a while? I get achy now at the end of a busy workday, but only then, and that is now after the spacer exchange and debridement 5.5 weeks ago.
I agree with the tooth emergency- now any possible infection will have me downing abx- and I hate to take medicine!
Glad to 'catch up' with you! Stay well.
 
I have been having pain regularly. It always wakes me up at night. I have stopped taking the Ambien and am doing just about as well without it as I was with it... Sooooo, why take that?

This past week seems to have held a marked improvement. I contribute that to my change in direction. My focus is on the bright new future, considering my new home, thinking about me and where my future lies, caring for myself, so that I have something leftover for others, extreme self care... And what a difference it has made. Woohoo!!! I am worth it!!!
 
This past week seems to have held a marked improvement. I contribute that to my change in direction. My focus is on the bright new future, considering my new home, thinking about me and where my future lies, caring for myself, so that I have something leftover for others, extreme self care... And what a difference it has made. Woohoo!!! I am worth it!!!
Hi BJ!
Congratulations to your daughter for being the champion and to you. You are worth it!!!
 
Judy, I think it is "you is beautiful"
"you is smart"
"you is important"

I have those words on my studio wall!! K
 
Another English teacher, you wouldn't think all those English teachers would need knee replacements, :heehee:! I studied to be an English teacher but 3 months in the classroom with grade 10 students cured me. I moved on from that and taught Marine Biology, then changed direction again and started my own business. Soon be time for another change...:cheers2:
 
I only taught 10th graders for 2 years---I spent 22 years working in pubic housing as a Section 8 secretary, then a Section 8 housing specialist, and finally the Section 8 Housing Director. Section 8 is a rental assistance program that allows qualified clients to be assisted with their rent in private sector housing. And as it is a government program---you are fully qualified to receive a Section 8 after working in the program for at least 6 months.:rotfl:
 
Yes, I had some Section 8 tenants who asked me not to tell the Social Services that they were doing housecleaning on the side. I was completely dumbfounded--didn't they realize that I was a taxpayer??? I did call SS, by the way. K
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom