TKR Bip and Bop<

It's been a month today and I am pretty happy with the progress. Yesterday rom bend was about 102. And I'm able to actually work with my PT. I must say he has been quite gentle but stress working without hurting. He will be my PT for the left one too.
So it does get better and I feel I am making progress
 
Yippee, it sounds like you're doing wonderfully! For a month out, you are really making progress!
 
Great one month report. Sounds like you have a good rapport with your PT, I hope it continues on the same path and you have continued progress.
 
@ATHIKER, thank you so much for your note of appreciation! I just aim to be as helpful as I can be! I believe God put me through all this experience with my knees to be able to be a help to others! It's so nice to know that I've helped you!
 
I asked my PT about using a little warmth on my knee and he said no. But when I put a warm wet cloth it feels sssoooo good so could anyone else say they used a little heat
 
I've always heard that heat on a healing knee would cause swelling. You could always try and see what the outcome is. Going back to ice is always possible.
 
And maybe a warm wet cloth is gentler than a heating pad.
 
Yeah that's what PT said. About more swelling i guess it's true "just cause it feels good doesn't mean it's good for you "
 
At one point I tried heat out on Lefty. I used a gel pack and warmed it. It felt wonderful while it was on. Didn’t do a thing to make Lefty less painful, though, so I discontinued the experiment. Ice worked better.

My PT guy would put moist heated towels on my knees when we started our sessions. To loosen up the muscles, he said. I understand how that works (and it felt good), so I went along with it. He thought it would help get better ROM numbers. I don’t know that it helped at all. It didn’t hurt anything, I reckon. PT on the whole was like that. :chinstroke:
 
As I said I'm a backpacker and I do trip on roots and rocks and forever getting scrapes and scratches never gave much thought about it and most of the time didn't even worry about cleaning it good. Just let it heal be itself. With the infection fears is this something I'm going to have to be overly concerned with
 
Oh yeah and keep a first aid kit in your back pack. I have one in the car that I need to put in mine. I love those mountain trails.
 
I scraped my arm on an open drawer that I was sitting next to the other day. Until recently I wouldn’t have given it a second thought, but this time I got up right away and put peroxide on it!
 
@ATHIKER I think its to stop the burning type nerve pain in the earlier days of the post surgery period, but after the stitches have healed I think. I am sure someone will come on and explain it to you. I never did it because I was having problems with my stitches healing, and was having allergic reactions to things. But I remember reading about the saran wrap easing up something. Did you do a search?
 
I used the wrap a few times when my scar was super sensitive. Having it wrapped kept the sheet off of it.
 
Well today was my last PT session. My Rom is 0/120 ad I'm very very happy with that. I go back to Dr. Monday and will be setting it up for the left knee. Starting this journey all over. I will be happy if it goes as well as the right one
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Back
Top Bottom