TKR Bip and Bop<

I go back to Dr. Monday and will be setting it up for the left knee. Starting this journey all over. I will be happy if it goes as well as the right one
Do I start over one the pre op page or just stay here
You can stay here. It's not long since your first knee was done and you don't want to be jumping between two pages.

When you have your new surgery date, just add it to the appropriate month's surgery group on the pre-op page.
 
Right now I take Percocet 7.5 at 12-6-12-6. And Tramadol ai3-9-3-9 and it keeps the pain under control very well

I’m doing that with Norco. The Percocet didn’t do much for the pain. Since I started alternating I seem to be more able to control the pain.
 
Let us know how your doctor appointment goes. It’s exciting to be looking forward to life with two pain-free, happy knees!
 
I’m sorry, but I had to laugh. I know it’s not funny.

But it is good that you are walking in a way that looks normal. That’s good progress.

I don’t use my cane anymore, the only time I need it is in stairs. But there are times when I’m walking in the parking lot that I wish I did have it with me, as proof there’s a reason I walk slower than others, while a car is waiting for me to cross in front of it.
 
People can be so hateful sometimes. Maybe next time you can tell them that they didn't have your knee and all the damage that had to be repaired. I believe people have selective memory and forgets what the recovery was really like for them.
 
Ok new cry for help. My incision has started itching is there anything to do besides scratch it.
 
I don't know how to help with the itching, but I always heard that itching was a sign of healing! So it's a good thing!
 
Went to Dr today my rom is 0-120 and I'm going up the stars sometimes like a normal adult. Walking about a mile a day. So we have scheduled the left for April 9. ready to start over?? Guess I just wanted to get it done and over with.
 
You have more courage than I did or do. I keep putting my next one off. You'll be glad when you get that next one done. It will be behind you and hanging over your head! You already know what to do and will do great!
 
What a great report @ATHIKER - you will be so glad to get the second one done. I did both at once, as they were both in such terrible shape. I do find that the recovery is different for each of them, and my lefty has historically given me more grief. But it had more damage to it and was in much worse shape than the pre-surgery X-rays showed, according to my surgeon. So don't be surprised if your experience for the second knee is different. You will have a great advantage in knowing what to expect however, especially the stuff they don't warn about, like the emotional impact, brain fog, night time pain and discomfort, etc. I bet you will sail right through this second one!
 
Looking down the road, you'll be so happy to have two good knees again! And you do have an advantage going into this next recovery. You'll be less concerned with the small stuff and able to focus on the bigger picture. Each knee is different, so let's hope your left knee will be an agreeable TKR.
 
What a great report @ATHIKER - you will be so glad to get the second one done. I did both at once, as they were both in such terrible shape. I do find that the recovery is different for each of them, and my lefty has historically given me more grief. But it had more damage to it and was in much worse shape than the pre-surgery X-rays showed, according to my surgeon. So don't be surprised if your experience for the second knee is different. You will have a great advantage in knowing what to expect however, especially the stuff they don't warn about, like the emotional impact, brain fog, night time pain and discomfort, etc. I bet you will sail right through this second one!

The X-rays showed about the same as far as wear goes so I'm hoping it will do as well as the right one. Fingers crossed
 
Well today I took my first bath. It felt so good for the time I was in it but getting out was NO picnic and I bent my knee to far and I'm now paying for it
 
I thought the hot bath would be worth it. I'm a bath LOVER but it was just to soon on the baby knee. Live and learn
 
How did your knee feel in the water? Was the water on the warmer or hotter side?
 

Staff online

Back
Top Bottom