Guest viewing is limited

TKR Bip and Bop<

I have no idea why with a big bandage on a knee just chopped up why they take a measurement on day two. They just make hurt like heck
 
I have no idea why with a big bandage on a knee just chopped up why they take a measurement on day two. They just make hurt like heck
Don't let them hurt you.
Your knee is newly-wounded. It can't bend yet. Any measurement is irrelevant, so tell them not to do it.

My knees never bent at all, not one little bit, until about 5 days post-op - and they've both ended up strong and reliable, with a good ROM.
 
Thank you Celle. I go home tomorrow thank goodness I can take care of my own pain meds. Set times and take it whether in pain or not. My Dr. give plenty of pills but these nurses want you to be on pain before they'll give it to you. Oh well like I said in the morning
 
:console2:
Hang in there, one more night.
 
Don't let pt hurt you. It makes your knee swell even more and that increases your pain. You have to stay in control of what happens to you. Your knee needs nothing right now but elevation and icing and pain meds!
 
Made it home yesterday. It was easier then in the Escalade then I thought it would be. Got my meds on a schedule oxy 12-6-12-6 and Tram 3-9-3-9. It starts to hurt a little bit about 1/2 hr before but tolerable. Not near what it was in hospital.
My hubby had it set up for his replacement the 30 th of April and chickened out. He's only going to have the arthroscopy ( I think that's what it's called) done. A corner of his meniscus is crushed. He'll only have to do it later. Well his Knee his call
 
Glad to hear you are home safely and can snuggle into your recovery nest and routine. Keep your pain under good control and take lots of nice, healing naps. :sleeep: Although postponing your husband's TKR might be good from the standpoint of not having both of you in TKR recovery at the same time, I hope the arthroscopy resolves his knee problem. Lots of people who get arthroscopy end up having TKR anyway. As you say, though, his knee... his call.
 
BIP is carrying the load for BOP very well. In a little pain this evening because of first PT just a few slides and straightening. Stretching mostly which kinda feels good. Weekend so I can rest it now for two days. Hope everyone is doing good
 
Had my first shower today. Felt better after it was over but exhausting while it was happening.
It seems like the swelling is more then last time but I'm not sure. Like I said it's like having a baby you kinda forget the pain after a while.
In three weeks I'll feel a lot better :)
 
It is a little like forgetting how rough childbirth was. Also, each knee is an individual, so will be different from the first experience! That first post-op shower feels wonderful, to be sure!
 
You are so correct about forgetting the pain. I think it how we survived as humans! Every shower in the early recovery was wonderful, but so tiring. My husband alway stood guard to make sure I was safe.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom