TKR Bip and Bop<

Actually I just googled it and there is kinda expensive but as I get older I'm going to keep it in mind.
 
I bent my knee to far and I'm now paying for it
I am so sorry to hear your knee wasn't ready for getting out of the tub. I found that I could push up with both arms on the sides of the tub and then use my old leg to push me up enough to sit on side of the tub and then stand up. Maybe you could try that next time. Be sure and ice tonight.
 
Well today I took my first bath. It felt so good for the time I was in it but getting out was NO picnic and I bent my knee to far and I'm now paying for it

Oh no. :sad: Baths are so tempting, aren't they? I'm sorry your bath was the cause of your knee being bent more than it was ready for. I waited six months before trying a bath because, well, I was chicken. I hope you feel better soon!
 
It felt wonderful then. Today in am regretting it my knees have swelled a bit more and a little more pain then usual. As they say here on the forum. Just cause you can do something doesn't mean you should. It was a little to soon to have to put a little pressure and kneeling
 
I would suggest to practice getting up and down from the floor before tackling a tub bath. That is what I did. As well as getting out by getting out by using “down dog position”in the tub , then gradually stand up. Sounds weird, but it worked for me. I also used a rubber bath mat for stability.
 
That thing that would lower and raise you for the tub is something I would love. I’m so wanting to get in my tub, but about when I thought my left knee might have been ready, I had the right one done. I think it will be a while yet. You’ll be so glad to have both knees done, and knowing what to expect is comforting.
 
That thing that would lower and raise you for the tub is something I would love. I’m so wanting to get in my tub, but about when I thought my left knee might have been ready, I had the right one done. I think it will be a while yet. You’ll be so glad to have both knees done, and knowing what to expect is comforting.

I found a lift seat on line walmart. Cost $400 but at my age it's worth it. I absolutely love a bath.
 
That thing that would lower and raise you for the tub is something I would love. I’m so wanting to get in my tub, but about when I thought my left knee might have been ready, I had the right one done. I think it will be a while yet. You’ll be so glad to have both knees done, and knowing what to expect is comforting.

It took two days for my knees to get back to where they were. I was able to walk 1 1/2 miles today. Without any swelling. But I do notice that around supper time after being up all day that it starts to swell slightly. How long before this stops anyone have an idea
 
Oh my, you are doing fantastic! The swelling is quite normal for just 2 months. I was still swelling off and on for about 9 months.
 
The swelling you describe is completely normal for your early stage of recovery. You’re walking quite a good distance for eight weeks, so a little swelling at night is to be expected. Are you elevating and icing after your walks? I did that for months. It helped with lessening swelling later in the day.
 
Boy a mile doesn't seem very far but I guess with a baby knee it is. Yes I ice and elevate at bed time but I find the most painful is first thing in the morning and I think " will this ever get better". Most of the pain is in the quad just above the scar not in the knee itself. Don't mean to whine I'm usually very happy with where I am.
 
You hang in there! I too have a backpack waiting for me. This fall we're shootin for Greece
 
Last night I was laying on my side and picked up my leg to put the pillow between my knees and it pulled something from knee to groin area hurt so bad I almost yelled. Today it's painful to move the the point I think I need the strap to move it around again. What the heck did I do.

I had been having pain and tightness in the quad above the scar about two-three inches
 
It sounds to me like you pulled a muscle. :sad: I'll tag a couple people who might be better able to advise you about that, @Josephine and @Celle.

If it's any consolation, I did that once in exactly the same way you did. It was my left knee (always my problem child) and the pain lasted only a few days, though it sounds like yours hurt more than mine did at the time. I think one reason these pulls and strains happen, or threaten to happen (I learned to be alert to whether my movements were on the edge of doing something evil), is that the muscles of our legs haven't yet gotten back up to strength. As you continue to walk and exercise, and your knee continues to heal, you shouldn't have any repeat performances.
 
I think skipping your walk for a day or two won't hurt anything and will give whatever is hurt a chance to heal. As to whether you should rest for longer, listen to the more experienced advisers. I never saw a doctor about mine and just rested it. It stayed sore for a few days but got back to normal. After a day or so, I did take my daily walk on it, but shortened my route until it felt better.

Is it your knee that hurts? Or the leg muscle? You mentioned the quad.
 
I agree with SusieShoes. It sounds as if you pulled your quad muscle. Cut out the walk and rest your leg a bit more. It's OK to walk around the house as you need to, though.
 
something from knee to groin area hurt so bad I almost yelled.
I seem to recognise that! Excruciatingly painful!

Show me where on this chart

[Bonesmart.org] Bip and Bop<
 
R2f around the y/z line is where the pain is now. Last night it radiates up the r3f at x
 

Staff online

Back
Top Bottom