Guest viewing is limited

THR Bill's Bionic Breakdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to hear that you are improving Bill @fulafoto and knowing when you have overdone it is a valuable tool in the recovery!! It's very difficult to escape those dark places that your mind takes you to.....so glad you have found your way out this time.....it's hard not to get sucked into the 'what ifs' syndrome...I found the app called 'headspace' which is a meditation tool, helped me enormously during those times.
Do hope your DW is feeling better after those extractions...and isn't it nice to be able to pay back the carer! I found myself so 'self absorbed ' during the first few months of recovery and being able to give back a little must feel good.
Thinking of you both and hope you both feel better soon. Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Thanks Chrissie @Hoppy Nanny - yes it is good to know where that physical line in the sand is for sure. I have just downloaded that app and will listen to it shortly when I go to bed - thanks so much for that.

Today was my two week mark and I celebrated with doing very little apart from walking around the house and having a shower and feel quite good although pretty tired now. My DW noticed that my previous short leg appears to have got shorter again in the last day or two after being of same length since surgery. I will give it time for the muscles and tendons to even out and my gait to improve before worrying about it.

DW is feeling better too thanks Chrissie and it is wonderful to do some small things for the one who has cared for you for so long.
 
Physio should be able to help with that leg length @fulafoto - plus strengthening those muscles. Sounds like you are doing very well in this recovery! Long may it continue!
 
My 2 week mark is tomorrow @fulafoto Bill so I'll celebrate in yoyr honor as well since yours was today. Webt to the dentist today and I'm so relieved ! Even took the subway back which was perhaps a bit aggressive since it was rush hour but I'm so thrilled to be walking again!!
You sound like you're doing splendidly well also...so happy for you!!!
 
Love the celebration! Just how it should be.....!
I was told I had LLD at 8 weeks post op but a combination of sticking with the crutch until my limp & gait got better sorted it out!
They wanted me to have shoe lifts at PT but luckily with info from BS I waited it out. Hoping yours does too Bill x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
The subway...at 2 weeks post op ...in the rush hour? Wow....I take my hat off to you at GabsJL! Please be careful not to overdo it..won't you! X


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
WOW @GabsJL as Chrissie @Hoppy Nanny said - hats off to you and do please be very careful!!! But so glad your doing well Gabrielle and very happy for you too :)
@Jaycey I am not really all that worried about the LLD at this stage; after walking with a 3cm difference for 40+ years I figure I owe it to my body to give it a little longer than 2 weeks to straighten me out :)
 
Bill @fulafoto sounds like your two week mark has been hit, and you are coming along.
It does get better the more days you have, each day gets you that much farther. Just stringing along
the days. Glad you had a nice day today, and you are right not to worry about LLD yet.
:walking:
 
@fulafoto Hey Bill! Just stopped in to catch up all your recovery events. Man I am so sorry you had a hospital scare, but very glad it turned out alright. You sound like you are making wonderful progress!! :egypdance: Keep up the good work, okay??
 
Celebrating the two-week mark today with you!! Time has gone quickly and we both are doing well! That is certainly reason for a glass of champagne which I'll have later!! Cheers!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Bill's Bionic Breakdown
@fulafoto. Good to hear that things are going well 2 weeks post op. Follow those mantras and things will continue to just get better and better.

Take care and keep us posted. We care.
 
One photographer to another - calling Bill, @fulafoto - how are you? xxxxxxx
 
Hey everyone, sorry for the delay in posting. Every thing is going swimmingly as they say. This weekend we had a team photography event scheduled for a netball club with 18 teams in Brisbane which is about 300 miles away or 350 kilometres. The plan was that DW would go and I would stay home and have one of our daughters stay with me... well, I was feeling that good that I went with my DW and Saturday, with the wonderful assistance of our son, we did the job and came home afterwards.
And you know what? I have not felt much pain at all with one exception - on the drive home I was suffering severe and I mean severe stinging along the incision. OF course DW being the thinker of the pair of us decided that the nylon track pants I was wearing were not agreeing with the incision so a quick stop at a petrol station and a change of pants and all was great apart from some irritation around the incision which has since gone down.
Today we had the local Childers Festival. Now Childers has a normal population of about 2 thousand people - during the festival this grows to 40-60 thousand people - it is totally crazy with 5 stages with performers going all day, street performers and lots and lots of stalls. It is that big that they actually close the main highway for the day that goes from one end of the state to the other. So feeling quite tired but apart from that on top of the world DW and I went and battled the crowds there today for a couple of hours. My daughter suggested I use the wheelchair but no - I battled with crutches and managed to get through the crowds.
So that is why I have been absent for a few days and all in all I feel great!
Here are a couple of photos I took from today:
[Bonesmart.org] Bill's Bionic Breakdown

Playing the Watering Can - he also played a feather duster, a garden hose, a carrot and many other things. Brilliant!!!!

[Bonesmart.org] Bill's Bionic Breakdown

The "Gold" man

[Bonesmart.org] Bill's Bionic Breakdown

The stilt walking lady!
 
Wow that's excellent Bill @fulafoto !! So happy for you that you're out and about with little pain! That first big outing must have felt so good after being so limited for so long!! You seem to be doing great just keep on going like that!
 
@fulafoto Sounds like things are going great for you:) Isn't it wonderful to get our lives back again? Love the pics - looks like a really fun event - so glad you were able to enjoy it. Joyce


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Sounds like you had a great time Bill @fulafoto. Getting your life back in track! Great photos too, sounds like a fun event.
We had our local Rox Musical Festival this weekend too, sounds very similar to your Childers event...lots of music & fun....however, just as we were getting into the swing of it got a call from my mother in law in distress.....the upshot of which was we ended up in A&E for five hours! Life is never calm! Still...my hips great and yours sounds like it's going great x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Fantastic, Bill @fulafoto ! It looks like you've had a few great days! :)
I hope you remembered to ice and elevate when you got home! :ice:

Also, bear in mind you may have a 'dip' in mood for a few days. Be prepared and don't despair! It will just be your body forcing you to stay home and recover from all that excitement!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom