Guest viewing is limited

THR Bill's Bionic Breakdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey @Dieter and thanks for dropping by!! Yes that exercise bike is becoming a favourite of mine but 52 miles!!!! that is incredible!!!! Would love to hear how you go and all the best with it mate! I reckon you will do it easy :)
 
Is the neck bone connected to the hip bone!
Question for @Josephine - Jo I appear to have put my neck out to a severe degree - bad enough to wake me at night. My GP believes it's just muscular (she was gobsmacked when I told her - no not the hip - the neck :) ) and DW I were wondering if due to the change in my gait now both legs are the same length if it would have an affect on my neck as severe as this?
 
Well you know, it's perfectly normal and okay for you to get something else that's not connected to your new hip!
Muscular or not, I can recommend a good chiropractic to do you good!
 
Gosh Bill, so sorry about your neck pain. Are you having physio at all. Perhaps they could help. Please keep us updated.
 
Thanks Jo yes I think a good chiropractor would be in order and @Jaycey no physio as yet BUT I did get a letter to say I have one session scheduled for the 15th of this month. I think I will work on something a bit sooner.
It was not as bad last night (even though it is 5am and I am up) and some heat rub and gentle stretches have helped enormously.
 
Hi Bill @fulafoto ! Happy 4-week post-op day ! Hope your neck is feeling better too.
 
Hello @fulafoto, wishing you all the best in your recovery...also hoping that the neck pain should subside: God bless!
 
Hi Gabrielle @GabsJL and @IMs and thanks for your kind wishes. Recovery is going really well and I am using a walking stick (cane) around the house most times although the first few steps are a bit tough, after that it is great. Been walking regularly - short 5-10 minute walks only and my muscles are slowly turning on again I think.
My main complaint at the moment is the neck but at least the muscles spasms have stopped thank goodness. Just have general soreness but hope that will be taken care of when I can get a physio appointment.
Happy anniversary to you to Gabrielle! I hope your going along as well as you started!!!
 
@fulafoto just checking to see how that neck is doing. Sounds like things are easing a bit. Does heat help at all?
 
Thank you Bill @fulafoto that's so kind of you! So glad you're continuing to do well and have moved on to a cane. The 4 weeks have gone by so quickly it's amazing ! It was just the other day that we were preparing for surgery..
It's funny about the muscles...they feel like they've been reactivated like in a science fiction movie with some some sort of electronic device and are slowly starting to "fire" up again. I have the same thing.
Have you determined what caused your neck spasm? Your physio should be able to help as you say.
Keep on doing so well and hopefully your neck pain will be resolved quickly!
 
Thanks @Jaycey - the neck is still rather sore but yes heat is helping a lot. To be frank after what I put up with with my hip - this is like a pimple on a pumpkin!
Hi Gabrielle! @GabsJL and thanks again! You're so right about those muscles. It feels like they have a life of their own. No idea what caused the neck to go into spasm but I was pleased to have that end. The neck will be a priority when I get to see a physio!
Overall I am feeling a bit fatigued at the moment with soreness and general stiffness around both hips and thighs. I am taking this as my body telling me to hold up a bit - you're going too fast so slow and steady for a few days I reckon!
 
Yup - slow and steady. I found recovery a process of testing the limits and then scaling back to try another day. One day something would be impossible and a week later I wondered what all the fuss was about! :heehee:
 
@fulafoto Bill-- so funny-- I had a severe crick in my neck too. I decided I was sleeping on the wrong pillows. Changed back to normal pillows, did many reps of a very old PT routine, and it was fixed, or at least back to normal. You will get it righted with your physio, I'm sure!

How about, slowandsteady for waaaayyy longer than you thought (my story, SIGH) #ODIC too while we're at it...

I am so happy for you every time I think of this place :):)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there Bill @fulafoto....just catching up.....sorry you've had neck pain, do hope that settles down. Maybe it's from sleeping in a different position ? I developed bad shoulder pain but it's....I don't want any more pain..thank you!!!..isn't it!!? Yes, slow & steady is the order of the day ....this is such a long journey & frustrating at times...but so good when it's done. Take care...Chrissie x




Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Hi Bill @fulafoto , it's good to hear you're doing well. :) Guess what? I had a bad neck too, around 5-6 weeks..! Since my sternum felt really sore for the first few weeks, and I recognised the feeling from the time during my op when they hammered my leg back on (and I woke up and asked for more sedative!) I suspected that the neck pain was also connected. My leg bruising seemed to travel down my leg to below my knee and my foot, so it seemed reasonable that some impact would also travel up to my spine, shoulders and neck... My pain went away within a week or so, anyway... I hope yours does too; otherwise a chiropractor or ostepath might be a very good idea. :)
 
Thanks for the messages everyone and the neck is now about 75% right again and when I get some physio it will be sure to improve on that so all is good.
You know @FionaW you very well may have a point there and I do wonder if that is the cause of the neck trouble?
Thanks Chrissie
@Hoppy Nanny and yes it would be lovely jsut to be out of pain for ashort while but I am confident that time is not too far away :)
Thank you also for dropping my Chris @zauberflöte - my DW and I thought the same about the pillows and have tried every pillow in the house and combinations of all, except for my DW's pillow (would be courting death if I tried to get that one!) but the pain does seem to be abating so that is a positive.
One day something would be impossible and a week later I wondered what all the fuss was about!
There is so much truth in that statement Jaycey!
Now on the when will I EVER learn theme. Yesterday we went to the local football and then out to dinner at the local hotel with the family. When I got home I could not get out of the car - every joint in my body ached (ironically except for my new hip!) and eventually got inside but boy it was a struggle. I thought I was coming down with a viral infection of sorts but feel a lot better today. Another line in the sand that I have crossed undoubtedly!
 
Hi Bill, I find I have to rotate between and memory foam and a latex pillow otherwise after a deep heavy sleep I often wake up with a sore neck... Do hope yours is improving xxxx
 
It really is a marathon and not a sprint isn't it Bill? I often feel like the muscles in my legs are weak even at my stage. You will get there my good friend x
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom