THR Bilateral changed to Single

Not much interpreting needed there @Lea61. I’m so sorry to hear of this. The good news is, you now know why things were going slow and have a path forward, and soon, to correct it. It’s amazing that you were dealing with this for weeks as well as you were!
 
Last edited:
@Layla .... No worries. I didn't expect you to be able to read it and make a diagnosis (lol) I am not usually able to "see" anything in x-rays, but I was able to clearly see that the ball is totally out of the socket.
My surgeon is the chief of orthopedic surgery at the hospital. He has many years of experience doing hip surgeries, so it's not like I have an inexperienced surgeon (???)
 
Oh my goodness! I can't believe you're not in more pain.
Well, I guess it's good news your OS can address this soon.
Wishing you all the best and comfort as you await Wednesday.
Post when you're able....we'll be here.
Hugs to you :console2:
@Lea61
 
@MrDIY .... I think I have had so many different levels of pain, pre and post surgery, that I thought the discomfort was all part of the post surgery process. If I had remained with the same level of severe pain I had experienced on the night I described, I would not have lasted at all (and in all honesty, I don't even know for sure if that was when my hip dislocated, but that would be my guess). Instead, I had good days and bad days, and just chalked it all up to a slow recovery. I had a physical therapist that at first was concerned that I was unable to do certain exercises (as I know you will remember from our previous posts); he thought that possibly "something else was going on" because of that. The last day I saw him, he felt that I was showing improvement and that I was just one of those people whose recovery goes is a little slow.
Thanks for your support.....
 
Oh, @Lea61, so sorry to hear the news and the quick trip back to the operating room on November 7. I, too, am amazed that you haven't been in significantly more pain--not that you were comfortable, but I always thought of a dislocated hip as something that would have most of us screaming in pain! That's just horrible, and I'm sure you are feeling discouraged at having to start over again to some extent. The good news is that you know what's happened now, to explain this very slow and difficult recovery process. We'll be thinking of you on Wednesday and hoping all goes well, and you are home before you know it, with good drugs and a clearer path to recovery that will be more comfortable and will progress at a faster rate. Hang in there, you are one brave lady!
 
I'm just catching up now with your news @Lea61. Good grief! This is not what you wanted to hear at all. Getting the x-ray and now knowing what is going on, gives you a concrete plan to move forward with. Having trust and faith in your surgeon is so important and knowing that he will sort you out on Wednesday will be of comfort for you while you wait. I'm sure you are being given what you need to stay comfortable until then.

I am keeping you close in my most positive thoughts and prayers, for resolution and healing soonest:thumb:. Sending you a huge cyber :console2:hug and a :flwrysmile:.
 
Oh my stars @Lea61 .
Oweee! :sorry:I'm so glad they are getting you in there quickly so you can get back to well.
I can only imagine how anxious you must be...so please add me to your list of well wishers.
Hugs!:console2:
 
Thank you so much @Mojo333 .... yes, anxious is a good word. :hairpulling: I can't believe this is happening ! My original surgery date was November 20th, and now I will have had 2 surgeries before my original date :xmark: Never would have believed this.
 
@Lea61 I am so sorry to read that you dislocated. My goodness - that is just everyone's worst nightmare! Glad you will be getting this fixed tomorrow! All the best for your surgery. We will be waiting anxiously for your update.
 
Thinking of you today, @Lea61
Sending a hug and wishes for your comfort.
You're going to get this straightened out tomorrow and finally be able to move forward.
We'll be here for you...we care. :console2:
 
wow, I'm so sorry you have dislocated your hip. I wish you nothing but, the best with your surgery.
You will be in my thoughts. Good luck tomorrow.
 
Thank you @Mersada I spoke with my surgeon tonite. He is all ready to make sure this gets fixed and does not happen again. He spoke with a colleague who will also scrub in for my surgery ( so I guess I'll have 2 surgeons for the price of one.... ) !
Had to get medical clearance from my dr tonite, so I am exhausted between yesterday's visit to the OS, which took up most of the day (with X-rays and blood tests) and then tonite for the med clearance.
Thanks for reaching out. I'll be in touch.
 
I'm sending you all the best Mojo for your surgery today.
I'm very glad you talked directly to your surgeon and that he is going to "make sure this never happens again"
So sorry for you starting over but you have lots of folks cheering for you.
Hugs and prayers ...:loveshwr::praying:
Will be looking for you when you are up to posting, friend.:friends:
 
Best of luck today. I'm happy to hear your OS called in reinforcements.
You should be in good hands. Wishing you comfort and only the best.
Will look forward to your first post.
Hugs
@Lea61
 
Thinking of you today, @Lea61, and know that this WILL get fixed and then I hope you are home before you know it, resting comfortably and on your way to permanent healing with a firmly set hip and no further issues.
 
Hope all went well today. I was thinking about you during the day wondering how it went.
Looking forward to hearing the outcome was a success. Hugs!!
 
:hi:Thinking of you this morning..hoping pain is managed and all went well.:friends:
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom