THR Bickypeg's new hip

I know all about long waiting times and wish I had been more persistent. If my right hip starts playing up I will be making myself a nuisance from the word go. Interesting about the Codeine. I have cut out one a day to see if there is much difference. If successful will have one in morning And one at night. But keep the paracetamol going..
 
Morning all. 6 weeks on and new hip doing well, swollen ankle and foot going down fast. Unoperated hip, knee, shoulder all very unhappy. Often don't use stick around the house except first thing when I get up or to go upstairs. Should I swap hands, bearing in mind left hip good, right hip bad? Physio said stick always to support operated side but that now seems a bit illogical?
 
Happy Six Weeks!
Sorry your progress is being spoiled by your other hip, and a knee and shoulder.
I don't think you should switch sides with the assistive device.
Check in with your OS or Physio on that question if it will make you feel better.
I hope you're having a good day!
@bickypeg
 
Been quiet for a while as the whole family (including sister and a niece) was hit by the norovirus! Made me appreciate the difference between recovering from a major operation and actually being ill. At least the raised toilet seat was useful for vomiting! But just trying to point out be thankful for a few aches and pains on the road to recovery! There are worse things.
 
Absolutely fine thank you! It's vicious but short lived thankfully. Still no idea how 11 of us contracted it so rapidly. Especially as I've been bleaching like mad since I came out of hospital because I was worried about infection. I think one of my boys picked up the bug in Northumberland on holiday. I've had it twice before as a result of working in a primary school but it wasn't so virulent and believe me they aren't great at washing their hands.
 
Glad you are doing better...or body is in a bit of a vulnerable state, as you know.
Hope today is a good day!:roseshwr:
 
Just slightly worried as youngest opens in a show at the end of the week. He's fully recovered but he says the director has been feeling nauseous...:nah:
 
Aww, poor bickypeg and family. How awful!
Happy to hear you're all better.
Sounds like it's spreading though with the Director now sick.
Hope you have a great rest of the week. Enjoy your sons show!
@bickypeg
 
Fortunately it's hundreds of miles away...they'll never discover the source...
 
Poor you! Had to laugh about the vomiting and the raised toilet seat. Hope you and your family get heaps better soon xx
 
Omg sometimes you get hit with a full load in life! Hope you are all well now
 
7 weeks on and new hip brilliant, old hip horrid but hope to get something positive on that when I see the consultant next week. Decided as it's getting cooler and I can't go to outpatients in bare feet I needed to wear shoes. After all those weeks barefoot, shoes are not good! I got new sensible ones with wide fitting, lots of support, velcro fastening,bit of a heel- the sort I wouldn't be seen dead in 10 years ago. I couldn't get one on a while ago because of swelling but that's gone now.
Well it's dreadful! Balance is all over the place, lurching about like a zombie, daren't lose stick, and muscle on nice new hip is really pulling. Feel really insecure. Shall I keep plodding on? Literally? Have some old lightweight sandals which are less bad. I can do all the heel toe stuff beautifully with bare feet.
 
:wave:I did my recovery in bare feet too...and felt that same way when I had to put shoes on.:umm:
Thankfully it was summer through my recovery and my feet are tough as Freddie Flintstone's:)
I did finally get some tennis shoes with memory foam and got used to it as my croc flops, though supportive, were considered a trip hazard..
Hope you are feeling better and hope your weekend is sweet!:loveshwr:
 
I'm an indoors barefoot person....always.
Not outside though.
I know what you mean about shoes you wouldn't wear 10 yrs ago. Same!!
I've found that some of those "sensible shoe" brands are getting more stylish
Brands like Clarks, Naturalizer, Vionic, Sketchers do have some options that you're not embarrassed to wear.
Check it out. I know you're in the UK so not sure if you have all of those brands?

Here's a link to an article from the Social Room -
https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/shoes-for-recovery.42383/

Hope you have a nice weekend!
@bickypeg
 
Poor you on the bug. I had it in June after travelling. Nightmare and can't imagine having it post op on one hip and need op on other hip. Hope you are fully recovered soon!
 
It's horrid but shortlived thankfully. Still baffled as to how it spread so quickly. I especially have been sloshing bleach around merrily since coming out of hospital. But everyone is well now thank you.
 
Great news! I'm happy for you.
Milestones along the way. Knocking em down! :yay:
I hope you have a great weekend!
@bickypeg
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom