bickypeg
graduate
- Joined
- Jun 27, 2018
- Messages
- 702
- Age
- 77
- Location
- West Yorkshire
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United Kingdom
So long since I've been on here I couldn't find my thread! Cold all gone now - seems to have gone through our area with a vengeance! Dentist, hospital, estate agent, and all family and friends. I'm sure the mild damp weather doesn't help - green December fills the churchyard...
Quite perky today hence the post - had some very low days recently feeling gloomy and popping pills because of aches and pains. Mostly a lovely happy Christmas helped by being fed at two of the boys' homes before Christmas, and on Christmas eve and New Year day, with babies and quizzes galore. Was very tired before Christmas as Esmé and parents stayed over for several days and left on the day but then it seemed rather flat.nothing like a 2 year old to provide free non stop entertainment. (my capital letter thingy isn't working btw)
What was making me so down was wondering if this is as good as it gets? Sons and husband keep telling me I'm doing so well but they aren't in my body! Will there ever come a time when I leap out of bed feeling refreshed and pain free or do I have to be philosophical and accept that this is as good as it gets for a 70 year old?
And how to regain confidence? Do I push myself to do more and more or will I end up in ODIC again?
Slept particularly badly the night before last as we'd been to look at a house we really liked and ours isn't even on the market. Getting an informal valuation from an estate agent next week but the house is full of stuff!(needed capitals there!) And car has broken down and husband excited at the prospect of buying something German and expensive even second hand when I've discovered a Vauxhall is most comfortable for me. Means eating into meagre savings whatever. And house we saw is lovely but up on the tops again (Midgley @Apricot ) and too near youngest. He likes the idea but I have no intention of being a decrepit burden on the children having done all that myself (happily but it was hard)
Oh decisions decisions...
Didn't mean this to be a thesis rather than a post! Neck and shoulder very stiff this morning- too much typing and playing on tablet? As my mum use to say 'A different pain every day'...
Sister and brother in law visited when we were babysitting at Leeds. Had one hip done before mine and is fine (tho knee playing up) and slim...
Quite perky today hence the post - had some very low days recently feeling gloomy and popping pills because of aches and pains. Mostly a lovely happy Christmas helped by being fed at two of the boys' homes before Christmas, and on Christmas eve and New Year day, with babies and quizzes galore. Was very tired before Christmas as Esmé and parents stayed over for several days and left on the day but then it seemed rather flat.nothing like a 2 year old to provide free non stop entertainment. (my capital letter thingy isn't working btw)
What was making me so down was wondering if this is as good as it gets? Sons and husband keep telling me I'm doing so well but they aren't in my body! Will there ever come a time when I leap out of bed feeling refreshed and pain free or do I have to be philosophical and accept that this is as good as it gets for a 70 year old?
And how to regain confidence? Do I push myself to do more and more or will I end up in ODIC again?

Slept particularly badly the night before last as we'd been to look at a house we really liked and ours isn't even on the market. Getting an informal valuation from an estate agent next week but the house is full of stuff!(needed capitals there!) And car has broken down and husband excited at the prospect of buying something German and expensive even second hand when I've discovered a Vauxhall is most comfortable for me. Means eating into meagre savings whatever. And house we saw is lovely but up on the tops again (Midgley @Apricot ) and too near youngest. He likes the idea but I have no intention of being a decrepit burden on the children having done all that myself (happily but it was hard)
Oh decisions decisions...
Didn't mean this to be a thesis rather than a post! Neck and shoulder very stiff this morning- too much typing and playing on tablet? As my mum use to say 'A different pain every day'...

Sister and brother in law visited when we were babysitting at Leeds. Had one hip done before mine and is fine (tho knee playing up) and slim...


I'm old!) just recently moved from San Francisco to Kansas City Missouri, leaving behind a live in girlfriend of 8 years that wasn't will to change. All you can do is support them and hope they find a happy life.

oh my stars...surely Not An American..
Sarah
Hi 
