THR Bickypeg's new hip

A seasonal suggestion that I find relaxing and would like to pass on to you two...

I'd preface the suggestion by saying IF you're a fan, but I wasn't a true fan, don't know that I am even yet, but I do LOVE and find comforting Sarah McLachlan's Wintersong Christmas CD.

You can stream it for free, in its entirety, on YouTube and it is very relaxing, at least to me it is.

I received it as a gift many years ago and wear it out most years. Give it a try and see what you think. Very peaceful.
@Fit4Family and @bickypeg

Well, a new car in the new year sounds like it would be exciting, @bickypeg, but I'd stick with the old hubby if I were you. Good hubbies are hard to find and replacing them (uh...I've been divorced before) is not fun at all. Well, my new (and FINAL) husband is great, but I lucked into that relationship, which is wonderful, but the process of offing the old, rotten hubby was horrible. Sorry your knees are bothering you a bit--mine do sometimes as well, but I think when my hips are tired the discomfort must spread to other body parts. And you are a busy lady with a lot of riding in cars and bustling around. I know this time of year finding balance and trying to chill out is very difficult--so much to do! But maybe once the new year rolls around, and your Christmas stuff stashed back in the attic so you've got your house to yourself again, a peaceful, private sanctuary, you'll be able to slow the pace a little. With a little less rushing around and more time resting and taking things more slowly and deliberately, those aches and pains will begin to disappear!

Knees especially 'old' knee was horrible yesterday and kept me awake. A good massage by the physio in the afternoon made me feel so much better. She thinks it would not have deteriorated so quickly if it had been arthritis suddenly getting worse but from doing too much again all at once. Muscles all at that side much 'tighter' than on the new side. She recommended a quiet day so after a quick hairdressing trip I'll try it! The onslaught starts tomorrow! Hope you all have a happy pain free Christmas! :santa-dance:

Happy Friday! @bickypeg :xmas-wave-smiley-emoticon:
Hopefully your Physio is right and after you get gorgeous at the salon this afternoon you can go home, relax with your feet up, and have hubs wait on you for the remainder of day. :heehee: Tell him it was suggested you'd benefit from some rest before the onslaught and you'd appreciate his cooperation unless he wants coal in his Christmas stocking.:wink:
With any luck your knee will feel much better tomorrow.
Wishing you comfort and a peaceful relaxing afternoon and evening. :presents-under-xmas-tree-smiley-emoticon:

Oh, a nice massage that helped you feel better, @bickypeg, and an endorsement that you should spent today vegging out--sounds good to me! I have no excuse, however, so I'm off to do a lot of grocery shopping this afternoon and then this weekend more cooking and baking. I hope that pesky knee is feeling better. I know when I'm overly tired one or both of my knees are whiny, too. I have a bit of arthritis in both so it's to be expected but I'll keep pushing along. So much to do, so little time remaining--eek! Have a good day.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year:wreath:
Try not to stand for too many hours ie in the kitchen or at 'parties'. Find that difficult at the moment :heehee:

Hope you enjoy your family time together this Christmas Eve day, bickypeg.
Wishing you and yours happy days as you laugh, love and create new memories together. A very Merry Christmas to you!
Hugs
:merry-xmas-smiley-emoticon:
@bickypeg

Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family @bickypeg
:santa-dance::presents-under-xmas-tree-smiley-emoticon::santa-dance:
Double Santas for double hips....

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas, @bickypeg, and didn't allow yourself to get too tired and overworked. But, at this point you--and all of us--survived and January should be a month when you can focus on healing completely and celebrating those lovely bionic hips of yours! Cheers!

How was your Christmas? @bickypeg
Can't wait to hear all about it. I hope it all went off without a hitch and you're
peacefully basking in the afterglow of all of that lovely family togetherness that you thrive on and seem to so effortlessly orchestrate.
Happy weekend to you! :) :-) (:

Sending lots of love and best wishes to you for the New Year @bickypeg Waiting for all your light hearted stories of your time with friends and family.

xxxxx Sarah

:happy-new-years-toast-smiley-emoticon:
and I sincerely hope 2020 is a splendid year for us all.:cheers2:

Hi guys! Happy New Year! Will be back soon but had a stinking cold over Christmas which developed into sinusitis and I'm still feeling a bit pathetic. Lots of fun in and amongst but feeling washed out and very unamusing. Also lost a crown munching on a piece of Christmas cake at EXACTLY the same time I was lecturing youngest on looking after his new crown to be fitted today! Laugh? Not a lot! At least everyone at the dentist's was coughing and sneezing too....

Attachments

• IMG_20200101_121508_433.jpg
    IMG_20200101_121508_433.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 257
Hello and a Happy New Year to you!
I'm sorry you're suffering with sinusitis. It looks like the fun carried on regardless. I spy lil cutie pie with her Fisher Price manger scene and little people. Brings back memories. I am holding onto my granddaughters so she can pass it on to one of her littles one day. Nothing like starting the year off with a dental visit, you jump right in, don't you, bickypeg? :heehee:
I hope you find some time to rest and recover now that all the celebrating is over. I always enjoy the photos you share. You have a beautiful family that always look to be thoroughly enjoying one another's company.

Feel better soon and have a great weekend!
@bickypeg

Aww, love your pictures @bickypeg Noooo, not a loose crown and a sinus infection! Hope you get both taken care of very soon. Sniffling everywhere around us. Take care of yourself! ❤️

Oh my word! I hope poor, bickypeg, doesn't look like that. :heehee:
That woman looks hot...and not in a good way. She looks like she's on fire!
Hopefully today feels brighter, @bickypeg :SUNsmile:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts

Back