bickypeg
graduate
- Joined
- Jun 27, 2018
- Messages
- 702
- Age
- 77
- Location
- West Yorkshire
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United Kingdom
That's good to know @Apricot thanks.
I did Tai Chi for several years in Royd but (one for @Layla here) I had to give it up as I couldn't remember all the sequences! As soon as I'd got the hang of one it suddenly changed into another bizarre movement (strangling the sparrow?!) and I'd be all over the place unlike the incredibly ancient ladies who seemed to have no trouble at all! Some of them even went up to the intermediate class. Oh the shame! At least it was better than yoga as I didn't have to get down on the floor. And back again. (I wasn't always so feeble - I could do the plough and stand on my head etc at one time)
I did Tai Chi for several years in Royd but (one for @Layla here) I had to give it up as I couldn't remember all the sequences! As soon as I'd got the hang of one it suddenly changed into another bizarre movement (strangling the sparrow?!) and I'd be all over the place unlike the incredibly ancient ladies who seemed to have no trouble at all! Some of them even went up to the intermediate class. Oh the shame! At least it was better than yoga as I didn't have to get down on the floor. And back again. (I wasn't always so feeble - I could do the plough and stand on my head etc at one time)






I found a lot of normalcy in it and like you said , you now feel like you are able to do things that are normal to you. I'm sorry that the knee acted up but maybe you can try staggering the days of activities and you knee will calm down. The damp weather doesn't help, does it?
) But then today happens and my confidence just goes completely. More worrying are the mood swings - yesterday I was slightly manic, today not! I have been sleeping poorly for the last week or so (and it's never good) but I usually just listen to audible for a while and drop off again.

Did over 6000 steps but broke them up and a quiet evening so feel none the worse today.
and it was embarrassing as I am so cack handed. Put me off for life, unfairly. I'll find some history/book type thing eventually. Wouldn't mind a choir - used to go to a Rock Choir ages ago. And had some happy times with asylum seekers' families back in the day. I'll find something.