THR Bickypeg's new hip

dreamed I was climbing lots of poles to get to some museum exhibition and I could do it and everyone else couldn't! Not often feeling smug in my dreams...

:heehee: Yay! Go bickypeg!

I know I'm doing far more than I was capable of even a month ago. Trips to the theatre, cinema, on buses and trains unaccompanied, cooking for big family meals, trying things on in clothes shops, even a bit of gardening.

That's wonderful progress! You're getting out there, living life, back in the game!

I can't believe that little sweetheart is two already. So adorable waiting to dig into her cake. Sounds like you had a good weekend doing what you love best, spending time with the fam.
I hope you have a lovely week!
Hugs :friends:
 
Hi, there, @bickypeg, I can appreciate that some days it simply feels like NOTHING is getting any better, that you've stalled and it can be discouraging. But, "it is what it is" and really, overall, you've come such a long way. Sure, things aren't perfect yet and may not change much for awhile, but the overall progress you've made is remarkable and sometimes it helps to take the "big picture" view. Continue to go at your own pace and have faith in yourself and your remarkable body--you are still on the long, slow recovery journey but you will get to the end of the road at some point. Cheers and hugs to you.
 
You're doing well, making steady progress, though you think it's slow. Everyone's journey is a little different and our bodies have total control we just have to go along for the ride.

The grandbaby is adorable! I like your idea of a Christmas buffet and just letting everyone nosh at will!
 
Longer than I thought since I was on here! Doesn't time fly when you're having fun...:snork: Been pretty good on the whole. More babysitting, a trip to the theatre on my own to see We Will Rock You (I was dropped at the door but walked a fair way to get a taxi back), a couple of cinema trips to see 'live' theatre performances (42nd Street was fab!)a gig with the eldest to see one of our favourite comedians, even a bit of clothes shopping - bought a lovely midi pleated skirt with a bit of sparkle, and bus trips to the nearest town. A couple of Christmas craft fairs (though someone bumped into me - I dislike crowds for that reason). And walks in the park when it's been fine.
Not showing off just to show there is post hippie fun even if it's arrived later than expected. But I felt a bit down looking back to last June and thinking I'm not much further on now than then.Whatever you do DON'T join the ODIC. I was foolish. :bawl:
Sleeping still not great but I'm learning to live with it, early morning aches and pains, definitely affected physically and psychologically by the grey damp misty days and there are plenty of those. And although I get out and about I still dislike hills or slopes even. And often feel as though my legs don't belong to me... And while I mostly manage to entertain myself I don't often feel I'm leading a very meaningful life. I've mostly been a carer, not just the children but also disabled parents, then all my jobs. It feels odd being idle. Probably means I'm reaching the end of what's seemed a very long convalescence. I do hope so.:beg:
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Bickypeg's new hip
    IMG_20191111_111751172.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 230
  • [Bonesmart.org] Bickypeg's new hip
    IMG_20191117_172903_285.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 262
  • [Bonesmart.org] Bickypeg's new hip
    20191123_134743.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 236
Hi @bickypeg :wave: I am catching up on your thread and actually think I am reading some improvement in your posts! You've been very active and can we just talk about that darling little grand daughter? She alone is keeping you busy..
Honestly, it sounds like you are making progress.
loved your photos, I feel like I'm visiting your and your country.

You are doing well, congrats!
 
Love reading your posts this morning @bickypeg You are such a great writer. Your granddaughter is precious. I think being a care giver is a lovely use of ones life. ❤️ You are making steady progress. It seems you are more active than even a few weeks ago. Sleep is wonderful when it finds us! I hope we both find we are much stronger in one months time. It will be Christmas Eve. All I want for Christmas is improved mobility. Sending hugs sweet friend.
 
Aww @Fit4Family
Here's hoping Santa or the doctor elves sort you out. It's not fair. And I don't mean to grumble. Life is pretty good. I do get irritable and a bit pessimistic and there's no good reason for it. But November is so horrible
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Bickypeg's new hip
    IMG_h6nhue.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 249
I'm with you @bickypeg
November isn't great. I find it a rude awakening of what's yet to come. All of a sudden the skies are gray, the trees are bare and the flowers on everyone's steps and porches, DEAD! :heehee: I believe it's the grayest month of the year here, as I type this while the sun is shining today :heehee:

Thanks for sharing pics again of you and the little angel. I hope you have some decent weather this week so you're able to venture out and entertain us with some of your amusing stories. Love and hugs to you! :friends: :roseshwr:
 
Oh, rats, @bickypeg, I am sorry that this rotten recovery is taking so dang long! It is easy for me to say "be patient" as I haven't had the sort of issues you've described, but it is what it is and while you're still not where you want to be, it still sounds like you're out and about, doing things you love--shows, craft fairs, babysitting, and clothing shopping--sounds pretty fabulous to me! It IS going to happen, all these aches and pains and poor sleep will go away gradually, too gradually I know, but there is an end out there. Try to stay positive--chin up, lady--and keep distracted. Being idle (I find that an amusing thought give your description of some of the fun activities you've enjoyed recently) is not anything to be worried about these days. Hang in there!
 
Wonderful poem and so true @bickypeg I appreciate your sending healing thoughts my way. The dark evenings are giving us all low moods at our house. It will start going the other way in one month. Always encouraging that this is just a season and it will pass. Very thankful for that! Lol

I have decided that rotating pain is ok, and I am learning to view it as my cranky body healing. It’s been a long road. Persistent pain will get me to look more under the hood.

Sending lots of love. Let‘s get on the horn with Santa and order some younger, fabulous legs!
 
Let‘s get on the horn with Santa and order some younger, fabulous legs!
Oooh, what a great plan, @Fit4Family! I am afraid that ship sailed a long, long time ago for me, but it's still a delightful thought--would that it could come true!

And keep that chin up, @bickypeg. I suspect you aren't celebrating an American Thanksgiving tomorrow so just think--no huge turkeys to wrangle into the oven at 5:30 AM, or pies to bake or rolls to make or... Just have a great, relaxing day tomorrow and think kind thoughts about all of the recovering hipsters in the USA who are approaching the holiday with perhaps a bit of trepidation. Cheers, and have a great day!
 
Enjoy your day! And your turkey! No Thanksgiving for us but we do strangely have to suffer weeks of 'Black Friday' with all the stores trying to flog us their unwanted stock! I'm so old I remember when sales started AFTER Christmas!
 
Have a great day, a non thanksgiving day. :heehee:
That is so true! Remember when the sales only began after Christmas? You had to fight the masses if you needed to exchange a gift for a different size or color..
 
Think I'm getting there guys!
A crazy day last Friday when we were babysitting as it was son's moving day on Saturday. Hour's journey to Leeds - but - problems with car, caught train, stood for ages waiting for taxi, weren't needed as long as expected, taxi to station which was heaving, RAN on platform to get on rammed train, stood for 3 stations until nice young man gave me his seat, walked up our hill, collapsed in chair, drank 3 mugs of tea, had done 2 miles, slept like a log! (incidentally mislaid husband at the station who missed train but hey - I'm the recovering hippie!) And fine the next day! And another busy day at the new house yesterday with babyminding, a bit of tidying and a walk to the park. Think the message is to push myself a bit and not be frightened?
Sleep still not great and waking stiff most mornings, and really don't like hills or stairs or too much bending but I can do them (broken down escalator at station!) so I need to stop being feeble and get out there. Probably...
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Bickypeg's new hip
    IMG_20191202_182349590.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 236
  • [Bonesmart.org] Bickypeg's new hip
    Screenshot_20191202-224453.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 251
  • [Bonesmart.org] Bickypeg's new hip
    IMG_20191202_153451082_HDR.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 233
Hey @bickypeg it's so nice to hear from you and see pics of you and the sweet baby. Wow...you're doing really well considering all of the physical activity you engaged in without negative effect. That is aside from the normal stiffness most of us experience in the morning until we begin moving around.
Sounds like you had a very busy weekend. Perfect time of year to feel energized with the race toward Christmas Eve and day. Three weeks from today and it's Christmas Eve already! Crazy how time flies, especially so as were aging it seems. Gotta enjoy every precious moment we can. I hope you have a lovely week and look forward to hearing from you again soon.
Big hugs!
 
Beware of Manchester. All the lifts are closed for refurbishment.

All sounds very good. Leeds and the trains to and from can be a nightmare at the wrong time of day.
 
Oh thanks @Apricot I'd love to go to the Manchester Christmas market and was wondering if I had the courage. I know northern trains are appalling, son uses them twice a day to get to work at Jimmy's hospital in Leeds, cancelled, delayed, always overcrowded. But thought at 3.50 it wouldnt be too bad...
 
:roseshwr:So happy to hear you are gaining confidence and managing things so well, in my opinion.
I Do hope things keep getting easier and your holidays will be merry and bright, @bickypeg :happydance:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom