THR Bickypeg's new hip

poor you!
Never listen to a murder mystery as you'll miss the murder, most of the suspects and you'll wake to who-done-it before you know who the corpse was!
 
Hope today is a good day...one more full day for me and a half day tomorrow then...me time:yahoo:

Have a restful weekend:SUNsmile:
 
Not sure still where to post things...
I really fancy a recliner but they seem to be frowned on in the UK post operatively? It would have to be an electric one as I'm not strong enough for the manual type (son has one).Many on here seem to swear by them?
 
Post things on your thread @bickypeg just as you're doing.
People who are checking out the forum, or following you, will see your post and respond if they have anything to say.

Here are some articles on How To Use The Forum which may help you navigate BoneSmart with more ease -
https://bonesmart.org/forum/view/how-to-use-this-forum.74/

I had a lift recliner and loved it! I can't imagine my recovery without it. They definitely get my vote.
I'm sure others will weigh in. An article on Recliners -

https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads...o-know-if-buying-one-for-your-recovery.21212/

I hope you have a wonderful weekend. That baby on your avatar is adorable!!
 
Last edited:
I have an electric recliner and spent first 3 weeks living in it, only place I could sleep. I now sleep on the couch but that's even not been good last couple nights. What I wouldn't give to sleep in the bed with hubby. Too scared I'll roll over on side.

I too go to sleep watching what hubby calls 'murder & mayhem' shows. One is on all night, the announcers voice is steady and smooth. No screaming or sudden noises.

How old is your granddaughter? We have a 9 month old who just moved to our town. Kills me I can't get on the floor with him. In due time... his siblings are 3&6 years old and we've been having a blast with them.

Hang in there... this is an interesting journey!
 
Esmé is just 8 months. Was very sad when they were round the other week and she was holding her little arms out and I daren't take her. But her Dad sat by my side so we could read and sing together. And do lots of kissing! :loveshwr:
 
I've found my recliner very useful @bickypeg. I slept in it for the first few weeks, as I couldn't roll over even if I wanted to. My PT was a bit anti recliners when I saw her pre-op, but I think as long as it's one that tilts the headrest back as the legs come up it's okay - a dual motor recliner - because she was worried that if the back stayed ramrod straight and the legs came up on their own, it would break the 90 degree restrictions. So as long as you have a suitable one .... I still find it very useful for raising my legs during the day.

I bought mine second hand, because they can be very pricey new.
 
I bought a recliner! Another restless night waking at 12.30 then every couple of hours from then on. Achey and grumpy when I got up (poor husband) and only improved after a codeine much later. So I took your advice lovely people and that's where you'll find me from now on. Had to cancel our holiday in Northumberland so I deserve a treat...
 
Great news! I hope you're able to get some restorative rest in your new recliner.
Wishing you a great Sunday and lots of cozy naps!
@bickypeg
 
My recliner comes tomorrow! Can't wait! And I told lovely physio I hadn't been doing my exercises and she was sympathetic and said I knew my own body best and I was doing very well! Also first outing for delicious cream tea at farm shop/cafe up on the tops! Rotten service from surly girl but she wasn't to know it was my first outing and I was over excited! So a very good day.
 
That first outing makes all the difference. Out for a curry with friends and really looking forward to it. The chairs there are a decent height which makes all the difference.
 
Yahoo for the recliner! I bet you'll love it.
Thankfully you have an easygoing and understanding Physio. I'm happy you are taking charge.
What is cream tea if you don't mind me asking? It must be an English thing :shrug:
Let us know how the recliner is. Wishing you many comfy cozy naps in it!
@bickypeg
 
[Bonesmart.org] Bickypeg's new hip
I was so desperate to eat it I'd started before I decided to take a photo! Basically a scone, jam and clotted cream. The butter is too much! All homemade preferably and with tea of course!
 
Oooh that looks delicious! Did you make the scones too?
 
Better and better...splendid for one month out.
Hang in there...you will get your life back.:ok:
 
Hi,
Well that looks yummy! Thanks for sharing the photo.
Hope you had fun and wishing you a great rest of the week on the recliner, lol.
@bickypeg
 
I'm moaning again and it feels so selfish when some of you are coping with such difficult situations. But I can unload on here as I have to put on a brave face for the family as they worry so.
Lovely day yesterday- woke up with no aches and pains, it was like a miracle! Had a lovely day - lots of sitting happily in the recliner (thanks guys!) and actually finished a book! Did bits of tidying and kept wandering around the house doing little jobs and forgetting my stick. Eldest son came around in the evening and we had a takeaway. So nice. And minimal pain relief.
Woke several times in the night very uncomfortable and felt as though I'd been beaten up when I finally decided to get up.I couldn't sit up for a while and struggled to get out of bed. Operated hip was also aching and felt uncomfortable even when I was up and moving around. Decided I'd done something terrible to it.
A couple of hours later I feel better but very shaken. I think if you're a logical person it's hard coming to terms with the fact there's no pattern to your recovery and there seems to be little one can do to ensure a good pain-free night or day.
Also worried about taking codeine - 5 weeks on and rarely more than 2 a day but people keep issuing dreadful warnings to me about dependency.
As people say on social media - thanks for listening!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom