THR Bickypeg's new hip

I rarely do anything on line...except check on my hippy friends.:hi:
Hope you are doing well, @bickypeg
Food Bank is truly killing me this week...my job!
And I have to show up at the local civic club meeting at 7 am to speak and receive donations. And it is raining for next two days!
The only thing that would make it more stressful...would be bad hips.
Close to four months on hip one!
Hope hip two is not torturing you.
Hugs!:loveshwr:

Hey, @bickypeg, hope you are doing well, and pushing ahead with this hip recovery journey. I don't mind grocery shopping, it is the cooking part that I hate! I'm a pretty efficient shopper, in and out quickly for the most part and usually skipping over temptations, although today I went just to get some jam and cold cereal, both at my husband's request, and I confess I was distracted by the sushi in the refrigerated case when I came into the store, and I grabbed some California rolls (yes, I know true sushi lovers think these are NOT really sushi, but they are the only ones I'll eat) and grapes for my lunch. I have a huge vat of beef barley soup at home which I need to finish up, but after two days' worth of soup, decided I needed something new! But with your bum second hip, you should do what you can to avoid making yourself miserable with unnecessary trudging through grocery stores.

@bickypeg . I am encouraged by your on line shopping. I'm hoping to use this service when hubby has his surgery. I hate going out in the winter when it is snowy, if I don't have to. The last two years we have had ice as well, which is new for our area.

I am feeling the damp here tonight. Hubby hasn't put the fire on yet....I may have to go and get something warmer on. Our heat is working, but our wood burning insert is so wonderful and throws off so much heat!

Hope you are keeping warm and cozy!

Last edited:
@Apricot I've a friend in Ambleside who adores Booths! And their Christmas catalogue is a thing of beauty! But it struck me as very expensive. I'm still buying for a large family in my head even though they've all left home so I still shop as cheaply as possible.

@Mojo333 I live online! I'm a real Silver Surfer! In the wee small hours especially when you feel like you're the only person in the world it keeps me sane to engage with worldwide communities! Twitter, Instagram,Whatsapp, Messenger, you name it!(I abandoned Facebook long ago) Shopping of course, although I shall head straight to the nearest dress, book or toyshop when I'm fixed! Haven't been able to browse for many months because of being unable to stand for long periods.

Good for you, @bickypeg! Nothing wrong with online shopping and connections, as long as they don't substitute for personal interactions. I hope you get visitors during the week so you don't feel too isolated. Once you're feeling up to it, it will be fun to actually go to a real shop. Online shopping works for many things, but I've never found it satisfying for clothes shopping. I suppose you could buy in various sizes and then return what doesn't work, but that seems like a lot of work. For books, does your library allow you to order books online? We have lots of ebooks which are available for download on my Kindle, or there is always Amazon with a ton of books. I'm guessing the desire to go to a toy store involves the wee ones in your life? You are going to get there! Slowly, maybe, once the second hip is fixed but you are definitely moving in the right direction.

@bickypeg. Surprisingly Booths can be substantially less expensive on fruit and veg than our local Thursday market or the C**p. I think they have a new price policy. A green Romanesco Cauliflower was £1 less than the HB market. :holysheep:
It’s inflated Hebden Bridge pricing. They have special offers and discount some things. You do need their loyalty card to benefit from those. But most often it’s Todmorden Lidl for great quality fresh foods. The whole world seems to be at the new shop.

Back to hips:happyfeet:

You've inspired me! I may try to master the online grocery shopping for January and February. In reality, I'll be out of the house most days anyway doing other things, so what's one more stop? I'll answer that....one more icy parking lot to traverse! One more chance to slip and dislocate :yikes:
I don't really enjoy grocery shopping, or cooking. What I really need is a chef who shops and cooks!
I'd like to come home to lovely scents emanating from my kitchen, not certain what's cooking but never disappointed....loving everything my fantasy chef cooks. A girl can dream, right?!
Let's make him "good looking" while we're at it :rotfl:

Hope you have a great weekend!
@bickypeg

I've got this trampette under the bed. One of my enthusiastic buys when I thought physio relieved end stage arthritis :bawl:Could or should I be using it now for rehab? It's more fun than other types of exercise. Or would it be quite the wrong thing? I only used to walk on it, not bounce!
Obviously I'd remove it from under the bed!

Hi @bickypeg
I'm assuming you're referring to a mini trampoline, or rebounder?
I'd guess, No, to the jumping / bouncing question due to the impact from the repetitive motion.
Wondering how you walk on it? Are you taking marching steps in place?
Consider phoning the office of your OS and see what their feelings on it are.
I have a rebounder and I know I won't be jumping on it. I want this implant in place for life, not taking any chances wearing it out or jostling it out of place. May sound silly to some but those are my feelings on it.
Enjoy the weekend!

Hey, @bickypeg, it's early evening here in my neck of the world and I'm just now getting around to checking the various threads here. I chuckle when I think of you walking/springing along on your trampolette. I assume you'd have to hold onto something for balance? Sounds a bit doubtful to me (as in "so many things could go wrong") but someday, I'm sure, you'll get back on--if exercise isn't fun, it's truly a slog for most of us. But check with your doctor before you try anything like that, would be my off the cuff advice.

Seems very easy for leg to twist if ankle gets out of line.:nah:
I don't like it.
Bouncing bickypeg...don't make me worry for you.:sad:

Now you have been told...what else do you want to do that you're not allowed to:heehee:
Hugs my hippy friend...we only want all the best for you.:loveshwr:

Yep, we want a happy, healthy, bickypeg, with no broken legs.
Hope you had a nice weekend and sending warm wishes for a great week!
@bickypeg

Hey, sweet bickypeg, just noticed it's a special day...
Happy Four Month Anniversary!
I hope you're having a good day. I'm sending warm wishes for a wonderful week!
Hugs
@bickypeg

Hi, @bickypeg, hope you had a great weekend--from the post of @Layla above, it appears you're four months along on your hip replacement--hurray, although I know with the other one protesting so much these days you might not be enjoying the results of hip replacement #1 as you might otherwise. Still, putting aside your grumps about hip #2, I hope hip #1 is being cooperative as much as it's able, and you see a bright horizon ahead.

Had a busy and happy few days @Barbaraj seeing lots of my wandering family. Also suddenly on a mission to reduce clutter as I really want to downsize when I'm fit.The house is old and huge now we are only two and starting to need boring things like gutters and pointing doing. Because husband is a hoarder I can only do this efficiently when he's out, which isn't very often, so much nipping up and downstairs with bagful of dvds and dusty ornaments and storing them under my bed for a trip to Oxfam or elsewhere. Did have a codeine that evening as knee was playing up and it was really helpful. I'm dying to get down to the cellar though you can bet the rusty hammer/saw/spanner I chuck out will be the very one he needs...
Lots of little triumphs though, new hip is getting more flexible and I am almost independent in the kitchen now which is great.
Nights are very poor at the moment-nearly finished listening to the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe- but I nap when I can.

Also suddenly on a mission to reduce clutter as I really want to downsize when I'm fit.The house is old and huge now we are only two and starting to need boring things like gutters and pointing doing. Because husband is a hoarder I can only do this efficiently when he's out, which isn't very often, so much nipping up and downstairs with bagful of dvds and dusty ornaments and storing them under my bed for a trip to Oxfam or elsewhere.

Too funny @bickypeg , that is exactly what I am doing! I too am on a mission to de-clutter--and I'm smuggling bags out the door when Hoarder Hubby isn't looking. I'm going through tons of stuff including fabrics I have saved for years, which I am trying to pass on to other 'sewists' (preferable to 'sewers' I understand), plus boxes of books; knick-knacks; old clothes--bags and bags of them; old linens; old meds!; broken lamps; umpteen throw cushions, and paper debris going back decades. Anyone want any 8-track tapes? Film for your Polaroid camera? Flash cubes for your Instamatic? Horseless-carriage polish? (just kidding about that last one)

@An54 hilarious! I can relate to a few, had to laugh at the throw pillows. That's my go to when I want a change. I have the inventory of a pillow shop in an empty closet. Knick-knacks too. I shop my stash when I'm bored and want a change.

Wishing you luck in your decluttering @bickypeg
It sounds like you're doing well, puttering independently in the kitchen. Working toward downsizing.
All good. :yes:
A great rest of the week to you :SUNsmile:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
JanieMarie