Guest viewing is limited

THR Bickypeg's new hip

Aww thank you @mojo! Trying to keep an eye on the double hippies for words of comfort and @Bevlah 's really struck a chord! Oh dear. But I know you're right and by the time second op is here no. 1 should be nice and strong. I'm gloomier first thing in the morning so probably best posting later in the day!
Podiatrist @Layla! And can't get snuggly socks on or off on my own it seems :doh:Perhaps old fashioned slippers are the way to go @Barbaraj. The slippers I had in hospital are ballet type and not really warm at all.
 
Slipper booties...if not too hot!
With cute little dangles...
 
@bickypeg Loved the picture of you on another thread, and the pics here.

I find socks a bother in the house, and have fleece lined old fashioned slippers for wearing inside, love them!

Read that you purchased a new mattress, which was improved with a mattress topper :yes!: Enjoy a comfy bed!

Have you scheduled the second hip? Wishing you a belated three month hippy anniversary!
 
Thank you @Alitm . New hip 'in the New Year' but I'll try ringing up when it's late November I think and see if there's any chance of bringing it forward. Joint School early December so I know it won't be too long after that. The short days and poor weather are with us now -the clocks go forward this week- but I have a few treats planned which I hope will keep me cheerful.
 
I'm having a sleepless night @bickypeg ! Should be heading to bed, but am awake. Will be good if you could bring the second hip forward.

It is still Friday here so I can say I am six weeks post-op today for righty, and three weeks pre-op for lefty (Nov 16)!

We start daylight savings on Nov 4th. I hate it! We have had a glorious Fall, but the rain has started here on Vancouver Island! I am hoping that with the winter months, I won't get so antsy post op!

Great that you have some treats planned...always nice to have things to look forward too. I'm going to see my young horse that is at my trainer friend's place on Wednesday..can't wait!
 
Good morning, @bickypeg, hope you're having a good start to the day even though you say you feel gloomier in the mornings. It's miserably wet and cold here on the west coast of the USA, but I am feeling surprisingly good nonetheless. I had an evening event I attended last night and it brought home to me--DUH--that not having any distractions during the week means I have too much time to sit around feeling sorry for myself and focusing on my hips to the exclusion of other things. Sounds like you've got a few "treats" planned for yourself which should help to boost your mood. I am pitifully grateful these days for distractions of any sort. I don't have a second surgery planned yet, but I feel an ominous, threatening cloud hanging over me if I'm not careful--I can't control my right hip's recovery or know how soon my left hip will need replacing, but I can mentally smack myself periodically and remind myself I'm going great on this right hip recovery and stop fussing about when the second one will be needed. Chins up!
 
Hi @bickypeg
Hope you're having a good day so far. Mine is just beginning. Coffee in hand.
Yep, short days and cooler weather setting in. Holidays just around the corner.
Then the new year and a new hip for you! :yay: Can't wait till you're free to move forward without hinderance.
I hope you have a lovely weekend!
 
Thank you lovely bonesmarties! @Alitm @Barbaraj @Layla. A couple of days feeling a bit low, bored and sorry for myself again after several poor nights & a lot of pain.Then yesterday went to eldest son's for the evening and sat and had a takeaway and watched a Bollywood film which we've really got into. Husband took and fetched me but otherwise it was what we used to do before my op. Had a good night's sleep and woke refreshed and full of beans, few aches. Got very excited by a trip to the supermarket (I mostly shop online) but otherwise a pootling about kind of day. Days like this are so nice apart from me thinking why don't I always feel this way? I don't worry about my health, I'm happy to relax. But I think that's the nature of being an arthritis sufferer. There is no pattern to it and I need to just be thankful for the good days especially knowing I'm halfway there.
Got some furry boots from Skechers today and been wearing them around the house, they're so cosy.
 
Yes indeed...take those good days!
I'm glad you got some warm comfy shoes and hope the rest of your weekend is sweet!
 
@bickypeg Glad you have had some "normal" and enjoyable activities, and most of all, no aches! I'm heading out to a girl's night (surprise b'day party) with my bottle of gin! Only going to have one, but it will be a treat to relax with the girls :loveshwr: and catch up with everyone. Making the effort to go and do "normal" has its pay offs!!

Enjoy those Sketchers. They sound perfect for this time of year :SUNsmile:
 
Never try to hang balloons from a chandelier using a walking stick, a grabber and wearing your reading glasses. Apart from the real physical danger and the need to use Anglo-Saxon it's surprising how mucky it is.
 
Hi there,
Sounds like you had an enjoyable Friday evening. Fun family time.
Hope today is a good day in your new cozy, furry boots. Maybe a walk outdoors?
Wishing you a great week ahead @bickypeg
 
The fun is yet to come! Meal at the Turkish restaurant for the 40 year old shortly. Balloons everywhere and a tidy home and I'm exhausted! Everyone is staying the night! :martini:And I put on my my first pair of tights! But only one boot...
 
Your description of decorating the chandelier with balloons made me laugh out loud.:loll:
It sounds exactly like something I would do, then wonder why I would do it?:doh:
Hope you had a great evening!:friends:
 
You're funny :heehee: only one boot....your hips must have been lopsided.
You seem to be energized by the thought of family and spending time with them, it's really very sweet.
Now what does one eat at a Turkish restaurant? I guess I'm unfamiliar.
I hope you had a great time!
@bickypeg
 
Very similar to Greek food? Kebabs, mixed grills, salads, stuffed vine leaves etc. Very tasty, all fresh,no long waiting time. And child friendly. Was a lovely evening, with silly games after. Especially important to give Joseph a nice time as he's a widower and any anniversaries are still difficult. But he said it had been a lovely day.He adores his baby niece which helps.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Bickypeg's new hip
    20181028_172932.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 185
Aww, so sorry for, Joseph with his broken heart :console2:
Love that yummy baby checking out the menu, so sweet.
I hope a good time was had by all. The food sounds normal, had no idea :shrug:
Have a good one!
@bickypeg
 
Sounds like a happy event at the Turkish restaurant, @bickypeg, and the food sounds delicious! The chandelier decorating sounds a wee bit perilous, but I am sure it all looked festive in the end and a good time was had by all. Still, I'm betting you were tired afterwards and happy to retire to bed. I love my children, but when they all show up en masse along with my grandkids, it is a lively, happy time but so thankful when they finally go home (even before hip surgery!) PS Congrats on putting on the tights although they sound a bit too close to those thigh high compression stockings I had to wear and was happy to finally banish. But only one boot? I hope someone helped you put on the other one!
 
It was nice. No. 2 son and baby have only just left and no.4 son is here all week. I am tired but nicely so, and I slept very well last night! I may crash and burn but it's been worth it. Obviously what I need is constant partying! :egypdance:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom