Guest viewing is limited

Revision TKR Beginning my recovery.

I'm hoping it's a quick recovery. I've already stopped using my walker and am using the cane. My cpm machine is set at 70. I have pain but nothing to bad. I'm hoping within a month I will be back to almost normal. It's crazy how different my knee feels now. Thank you bikesouth.


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
Yes it's amazing. It feels stable now instead of wanting to give out on me all the time.


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
[Bonesmart.org] Beginning my recovery.
nurse came out today she said incision looks good. I did have home pt today he said that I am overdoing it. My flexion was 85 and that's with my swelling. He will come Monday for discharge. The soonest outpatient pt could get me in is Tuesday. I went for a couple 5 min walks and did a little bit of dinner prep (peeled potatoes and cut squash open). I also did my cpm 2x for about 2 hours each. Other than that I have iced and elevated for the most part. My pain is not to bad around a 3.


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
I honestly felt like I did today lol. My knee thought otherwise


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
The OS still had to cut through soft tissue and muscle to get to that spacer. You're only two days out and should be taking it easy. If a PT thought you were over doing it...:bignono:
 
Yeah I will ice and elevate all day tomorrow. My goal is to get the swelling down. Thank you


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
So my knee is feeling better today I gave it extra rest. I am not able to use the cane I am back to using the walker. I just don't feel like my knee can support me today with the cane only I need a bit of extra support. I iced and elevated most of day. Sat on side of bed and let my leg hang off, did some heel slides and ankle pumps. I took a shower and let the hot water run over it which seemed to help with some of the muscle tightness. I only did my cpm once for about 2 hours I'm thinking about getting back on it now for a bit.


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
Not sure why my knee is so sore today. I've taken percocete 1 5mg every 4 hours as prescribed. I have iced and elevated almost all day. Working on my 2nd round of cpm machine. I walked twice for about 5 min. One was taking my ice pack to kitchen and grabbing a bottle of water. The other was to go sit in living room for a bit. My knee does not feel as weak as it did yesterday. It is a bit stiff and swollen. My pain is like a dull ache and sharper at the bottom of the knee. I did not do my pt today except for dangling my leg off bed and lifting with my other leg.


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
Could be the CPM machine, that's a lot of bending for a knee right out of surgery and would still be causing pain a day later. Take it easy next week and let the soft tissue heal.
 
Thank you I'll take a few days off from cpm machine. And do my best to take it easy.


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
Although some surgeons like you to use the CPM machine, it has no effect on your eventual ROM. Use it if you like it, but not using it won't affect your recovery at all.
 
Thank you celle. I like it some because it feels like it loosens it up a bit. But I will stay off it for a few days and see if it helps with the pain.


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
I sometimes think that, in the early days after surgery, our knees are just telling us, "I've been through some trauma. Leave me alone and let me rest and heal at my own pace."

Can you just try only using the CPM occasionally?
 
I'll try using occasionally after a few days off. I'll use when my knee feels stiff and won't set it at 80 degrees. But it's probably best if I do let my knee rest a bit more in only 4 days out. Thank you


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
80 degrees does sound a bit ambitious for now. I think it's a good idea to set it lower, so that it moves your knee but doesn't pressure it at all.
 
Very true. It might be best to stay away from it.


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
So I didn't do my cpm machine today. And have forgotten a pain pills I've only taken 2 today. My knee pain is about a 3 and is a bit stiff. I did some basic pt like heel slides ankle pumps and raising my bad leg with the good leg. Went for a walk out to dumpster while husband took out trash. I sat on the couch for a. It with leg up on coffee table to help with extension. But overall I just relaxed and iced. So a good day fo the most part.


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom