Revision TKR Beginning my recovery.

Yes it is very nice most of my day my mom has been trying to teach me to knit. I figured it give me something to do so that I don't mind sitting still. I don't think knitting is for me. I'm trying a blanket but it looks like a hat lol.
[Bonesmart.org] Beginning my recovery.



Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
My God-daughter is 30 and loves to crochet. She made me a gorgeous blanket for the foot of my bed, as well as a scarf. It's something I've thought about learning.
 
@Vangheluwec
You are brave! I tried to teach myself to knit from a book. It was the most frustrating 20 minutes of my life!

Jen
 
It is a bit frustrating.


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
I've watched a few of those videos they seem pretty good.


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
So I had out patient pt today. That went really good she just did measurements 87/12. And I did the new step machine. I go back tomorrow morning.

I was feeling great today so I drove my self to and from pt and picked my daughter up at school and did the 40 min drive to jiu jitsu and out for dinner. Then drove home. I don't think my knee liked the driving very much. Or at least the amount of it. I had no problems with the actual driving it self. I've been doing Tylenol for pain today so my pain level is up a bit for that. I think after pt tomorrow I will do absolutely nothing. Going to ice and elevate for the rest of the night.


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
Do be careful not overdo. You seem to be rushing it a bit.
 
I am rushing it. I want to be back to normal I'm an impatient person. I only have pt to do tomorrow and Thursday. Then Thursday afternoon we have jiu jitsu to go to but that's only an hour long class. Then I don't have to leave my house again until Saturday jiu jitsu. I'm going to have my mom drive for those.


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
I understand that you want to be back to normal, but your knee has been through a big trauma. It needs longer to recover - and you won't help it by asking it to do too much at this stage. Try to curb your impatience for a while longer. Your knee will thank you for that.
 
  • Agree
Reactions: Suz
I will try my best. I've only went to pt today and have done nothing else.


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
I can't remember but about when can we soak in the tub. With the oils or bath bombs. My steri strips are starting to come off now and I am a week out from surgery. I miss my relaxing [emoji370]


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
Not until your incision is completely healed. No scabs, fully healed wound. Too soon this early.
 
With steri strips my doc said to just let the water run over the wound. I'm not a bath person, so I was happy with a shower.
 
Ok I'll wait till all the scans are gone. When I do my shower I let the water run over my knee for a good amount of time. I don't do baths every night usually just when I'm sore or want to relax. I usually do the shower.


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
So pt went good today. My flexion is at 95 now and extension is 7. I was able to lift my leg a little bit by itself not to high. My quad has started to work again but is still sore if I try to do it to high (it feels like it's ripping apart). My therapist is great and is very gentle she massaged my quad and calf and slowly moved my leg back and forth while it was hanging over edge of table. My pain is about a3 the same that it was before therapy. I stepped up on a small curb with my bad leg first.


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
My mom left for the weekend with my daughter to go to her house. She will be back Sunday after dinner. I'm pretty much on my own my husband won't be home till 10 tonight and works Saturday and Sunday morning. I'm back in my bed instead of the couch since she's gone. She set me up with extra. Bottles of water and a cup of coffee. I have a few snacks in here my husband will bring dinner home from work tonight. I have my ice bag loaded with ice so hopefully it will stay cold longer. I shouldn't need to get up except for bathroom which is like 10 feet away and to take coffee cup out. My knee will be able to get the rest I haven't been giving it because I only have to worry about myself.


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
@Vangheluwec I am happy to see this surgery went well for you. As far as your impatience to get back to norm...that has not changed with this 3rd procedure :) No quick trips to Texas this time??..LOL How is your mother-in-law doing? And your daughter? I hope you don't mind me teasing you...just don't catch up with me in the surgery numbers.
 
Lol. Mother in law is doing great breast cancer is gone. I moved her back to mi in June. I have to go to tx come March to get my plates. My daughter is also doing good. I definitely do not want any more surgeries let's hope it can stay that way. How have you been?


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom