Revision TKR Beginning my recovery.

[Bonesmart.org] Beginning my recovery.


Ok so this is what my scar looks like at about 11 months post op. Has anyone else had theirs reopened and what does it look like after? And do they open the full scar or just some of it when replacing the spacer?


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
They used the same scar for my infection surgery and mine is nice and flat, longer, but flat.
 
Thank you. Im worried about one of those big huge bubbly looking scars.


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
My scar isn't pretty because I have a weird lump, but it was there before the TKR and got bigger after the infection. No one is worried about it and I try not to be fussy about it. The incision site itself is fine and I even had a whole month before it stopped seeping.
 
Since I had everything replaced the OS used the same incision line but he had to make it a bit longer on the top and the bottom. At 6 months out it is already fading away.
 
Best wishes for the 12th.

When I had my revision, the surgeon followed the original scar line, just making it a bit longer at the top. Everything healed up well, and it's not an ugly scar.
 
Thank you celle. Hopefully mine will turn out fine to


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
Yes it is. Now just one more week to go. So I'm getting nervous again. Not so much about the surgery but the recovery. Ty


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
My os gave me heppacleanse soap. I can't remember if I'm supposed to use it the morning before surgery or just the night before and day of.


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
You can call in the morning and ask for clarification, they should have given it to you in writing. If you cannot get ahold of them, the day before, and morning of.
 
They did give it in writing. I threw it out the day before my original surgery date. I'll call in the morning and try to get ahold of his nurse. Ty


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
You should be able to get a hold of someone, let us know what they tell you.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck on your surgery and a speedy recovery.

I had to use the soap the night before and the morning of the surgery.
 
Back
Top Bottom