Revision TKR Beginning my recovery.

My mil is doing amazing. She can no longer feel the tumor on her breast. She has 3 chemo treatments left. Then will be placed on some type of chemo pill.

I am returning back to Michigan March 10th. I'm going home 3 months early because Peyton decided to outgrow her back brace. So need to get a new one of those before the scoliosis gets worse.

But I am very happy with the progress in my knee. We went and did a little hiking on more of a gravel trail with some hills and did some of the side trail where we had to climb over fallen down trees. And it was a bit steeper then the main trail. my knee was feeling good after wards. We waked about 2.5 miles total.


Rtkr November 5, 2015
Mua December 21, 2015
 
I'm glad your m-i-l is doing so well. It sounds as if she through the worst of it.

I'm sure you'll be pleased to get back home, even though it will be sooner than you planned initially.
 
Hi! So good to hear good news from your MIL and your knee! I am so happy for you. I know your husband will be glad to have you home.
 
Timetolive my husband is is happy we're coming home. He hasn't been cooking for himself unless you count TV dinners.


Rtkr November 5, 2015
Mua December 21, 2015
 
I'm sure your husband will be delighted to have his girls home again. :)
 
:yay:Good to hear how well both you and your mil are doing. The picture of your knee really shows great improvement.:happydance:
 
Yes I'm doing great. Except today the darn thing wants to try and give out on me. A couple different times today I step down on it and it almost feels as if it will buckle underneath me. I guess that's part of the one step forward and two steps back. I'm just happy that I don't really have any pain in it.


Rtkr November 5, 2015
Mua December 21, 2015
 
So everything was going great for the most part until about 10 days ago. I fell and twisted my tkr knee. Now it hurts to bear weight on it. The bottom inside on my tibia is very sensitive. Their was some bruising after I fell. My husband is making me go to my surgeon(Friday). I really don't want to because I am worried that I have injured it somehow. I'm hoping I didn't and that it will get better on its own. Before the fall I was walking almost 2 miles a day now I can barely do a half mile. I have been elevating and icing it to help with the swelling. I sometimes use heat on the back of my leg to help with the muscle pain.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
How frustrating to have a fall, for the most part those implants are bullet proof, it's the soft tissue that is injured.
You are doing the right thing, back to Rest, Ice, Elevate, and Medicate, the heat you are using is OK too. I would skip trying to walk much for now. As your knee settles down you can increase your walking.
Let us know what the OS says, kudos to your Husband for insisting you see the OS, if for no other reason to give you peace of mind.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I guess cutting the walking out might be a good thing. It's just become a part of my daily routine. I will find out what's wrong and hopefully it's nothing. Thank you


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hope it goes will with the OS, in a few weeks your knee should settle down and you can get back to your walks.
 
Two or three times after my first TKR I've had scares like you are having. And the only thing that helped was seeing my surgeon. They are used to their patients' concerns.

In each of my cases, I'd just tweaked something or had an 'overuse' injury from doing an activity too much, wrong, or too soon. I would think your fall aggravated your soft tissues and need time and rest to recover. Try not to worry too much between now and Friday!
 
I'm sorry about your bad fall, and I hope everything is okay with your implant. I experienced occasional buckling for some months after each TKR, and it was purely due to quad atrophy/weakness. My leg would also buckle whenever my knee swelled a bit from over-use. Somehow I always managed to catch myself before falling. It really takes time to strengthen that group of muscles.

Come back and let us know what the OS says.
 
My knee does feel like it still wants to buckle but I tripped over a small man hole cover. I'm hoping the implant is still ok also. I don't think I could go thru that surgery again so soon.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'm sorry to hear about your accident. Hopefully it is just something that you need some rest to cure. Let us know what the OS says.
 
I will I am hoping the same. It feels better when I don't do anything and when I'm up and about most of the day it's not very happy.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi! It is great to hear from you but I am sorry about the fall. Are you still in TX?
 
You are in my prayers for complete healing! I am sorry you had this happen. How is your MIL doing? I bet it is good being home.
 
I have been back in mi for about a month. My mil is doing great she had her last chemo about 3 weeks ago. She has to follow up with the oncologist in a few weeks. I will go down their in June to bring her back to mi. That way she is fully done with all the medical stuff.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Back
Top Bottom