Revision TKR Beginning my recovery.

Let us know how it goes at the OS. Hopefully it is the soft tissue. It is so easy to aggravate the tissues in the first months.
 
I'm not going on Friday I had to cancel it I will reschedule it for next week probably. Aleve has been helping a lot the last few days. Their was just no way to make it their at that time. My daughter has an appointment that I forgot about.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Any update on how your knee is doing Vangheluwec? I do hope you are experiencing some relief and starting to feel more comfortable walking. What did the OS say?
 
I ended up also cancelling that appointment. The knee felt better after a bit. I was still having problems with my rom but the other night my knee buckled well I was only standing on that leg and I gained a ton of rom. Yay for good accidents it hurt for a couple of minutes and after that my knee has felt great I can touch the top of my calf to my thigh. I thought I would need another mua to get this. Who would have thought that a fall and landing on my behind would have benefited me this much. My swelling has decreased a lot I almost have no swelling for the most part. My gait is getting back to normal. I'm walking about 1.5 miles with minimal pain and discomfort. I'm finally doing much better. I still have issues with my inner quad (it's like it broke or something) it won't tighten up when I try it. So I can not go up and down stairs like normal. And have some weakness in the knee occasionally. But I can't complain I've come a long way
 
SO delighted to hear about your progress!! Yes, those unplanned falls/buckles/accidents can result in surprise advancements. Keep up the good work!
 
Hope you continue to recover with more comfortable pain free days ahead!
 
I went back to see my dr today. I need to have my spacer replaced on the 29th of September. He said my ligaments and tendons were stretched out that is why I need a new spacer. He said it is a short operation and only one night in the hospital.
 
Hopefully this will relieve your issues and the recovery will be as short as the operation!! Good luck and please keep us posted!
 
I had this same procedure done on my knee. Recovery is a lot faster and yes, short stay.
It fixed my looseness quite well. I have an additional problem related to my tilted knee cap that is still ongoing. But if your knee cap is straight like 95% of humans you will be fine.
 
I'm sorry to hear that you are facing additional surgery but hopefully your knee will the be good to go!
 
So surgery tomorrow. My cpm machine will be here this afternoon. I thought it was going to be a easier recovery then what they are saying. I will need to use the walker for about 2 weeks before going to the Cane. And about 3 weeks before I can drive.


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
So they just called and are rescheduling for October 12th.


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
I'm sorry that you've had that last minute rescheduling of your surgery. Try to hang in there.
 
Thank tou


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
Back
Top Bottom