Revision TKR Beginning my recovery.

Ok I'll take that into account and let them rest a bit more to heal up. Thank you celle


Rtkr November 5, 2015
Mua December 21, 2015
 
So went to try to get tennis shoes again. No luck I tried academy and dicks tried on a pair of brooks but did not care for them. I think the lack of support in my shoes with being flat footed are causing a lot of my pain. I am up doing a lot more walking which is when I start feeling the pain after a bit. so I need something to support the knee. I have thrown my old shoes away. Every time I step I feel my foot pull down on my leg. So tomorrow I will try again.


Rtkr November 5, 2015
Mua December 21, 2015
 
Go to a running store - not a chain store. They will analyze your gait and take time with you to fit you in the right shoe. It is amazing the difference having someone that knows what they are doing. Good luck!

Is Peyton in school there? How old is she? I know she is enjoying being at her grandparents'!
 
Janis is right- you totally need to go to a running store. It does not matter that you are not a "runner". If you're still in Austin there are at least five dedicated running stores there. You probably need stability/anti-pronation shoes, and you won't find them at Dick's or Big 5.
 
Peyton just turned 6 on the 13th. She started school here Monday and loves it.

I'm about an hour from Austin so I will look into going to a running store their maybe this weekend. Hopefully they will help me find a pair. I'll check and see if their is any in this area first. I think I'm done with the regular stores I can't find anything that is good for me there. Thank you.


Rtkr November 5, 2015
Mua December 21, 2015
 
Hello............I am also flatfooted. I find New Balance and Skecher brands work best for me. Hope you find something that works for you. :walking:
 
Thank you I am hoping I do also. I've always found Nike the most comfortable so hopefully I can find the right pair.


Rtkr November 5, 2015
Mua December 21, 2015
 
So knee is almost pain free today their is not a whole lot of swelling. I have been heading to my bedroom around 6pm every night to elevate it and watch some movies. I think the extra elevation has done a lot to help with the pain. I'm still doing a lot during the day but that does not seem to bother it as much. I still have a slight limp but am getting around a lot better I can walk farther without to much pain. I am walking a bit faster which is nice. I still get pain if I over due it to much.

Saturday my left foot went off the side of the sidewalk and caused a quick jerk in my right knee causing some muscle or tissue pain. I tried icing it but that did not help so have been applying heat which has helped a lot. My husband did send out my norcos they should be here Tuesday.


Rtkr November 5, 2015
Mua December 21, 2015
 
Hope you've recovered from your slip on the sidewalk. Even those little trips can be upsetting to a new knee.
 
I'm just over 3 months out. My knee is almost pain free for the most part. It still feels stiff and is difficult to bend to much past 90. I do some exercises with stairs. And I am also doing a lot of walking. I'm still having issues with the quad muscle. I am sleeping much more comfortably at night. I'm still slow at walking I have gotten a little bit faster. My limp is their just a little bit. My extension is close to zero I believe (I can't use my other leg to judge because it hyper extends to much). I'm still doing stairs like a baby lol.

So for being 3 months out I am happy with the progress I have made. I don't take my pain pills anymore. I'm getting around good. I can get off from the floor but it is still a bit of a challenge. I no longer use any walking device and have been able to walk my mile or so a day with little difficulty. I can feel that my knee has loosened up a bit so I can probably go a little past 90 but I have no way to tell. I am not thinking about how I walk as much (if ground is even or not as much). Now I think I'm at the point I can actually say I'm glad I had a surgery.

We are planning our summer vacation probably somewhere in Tennessee. I want to do some hiking. Happy that I can look forward to the new possibilities.


Rtkr November 5, 2015
Mua December 21, 2015
 
I am doing much better then I was a few weeks ago. Now to get walking faster and see what all I can do with the new knee.


Rtkr November 5, 2015
Mua December 21, 2015
 
..Now to get walking faster and see what all I can do with the new knee.


I identify with this statement. Sometimes I believe I am walking fast, and then a senior citizen zooms past me! Do you have more trouble walking down slopes than up, or is it just me? This morning I dragged out the trash bins as I do every Monday, and for the first time the slight downward slope of my driveway was a non-issue. Tennessee is beautiful and always so green. I know you'll enjoy hiking there. Are you still in Texas?
 
Hi!! Happy things are going well. How is Texas?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Texas is amazing I love it here. I do have a harder time going down a slope.


Rtkr November 5, 2015
Mua December 21, 2015
 


I identify with this statement. Sometimes I believe I am walking fast, and then a senior citizen zooms past me! Do you have more trouble walking down slopes than up, or is it just me? This morning I dragged out the trash bins as I do every Monday, and for the first time the slight downward slope of my driveway was a non-issue. Tennessee is beautiful and always so green. I know you'll enjoy hiking there. Are you still in Texas?
Walking down slopes is still a challenge for me.

left knee 9/21/15
right knee 11/30/15
 
I can't wait for hiking. We have decided not to stay at hotels were buying a tent which is a whole new adventure. And we are going to the ozark Missouri. Then St. Louis and Chicago. I think when June gets here I will be good to go on everything. And can enjoy the summer.


Rtkr November 5, 2015
Mua December 21, 2015
 
It's good to hear that your knee is dong well. It will continue to improve for a long time yet.
 
So my knee is finally bending farther. And I can lift my leg without a lot of trouble now. not sure how far it's bent. But i think it was closer to a hundred.


Rtkr November 5, 2015
Mua December 21, 2015
 
That's good to see. :yes!::happydance:
I'm glad things are improving for you.

How is your mother-in-law getting on?
 
Back
Top Bottom