Revision TKR Beginning my recovery.

Safe journey tomorrow and the rest of the week. Take some ice packs to use while you drive.
 
I will have to buy some ice packs when I get their. My bag is not very good for in the car☹️. Thank you though we are leaving between 5-6am.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Walmart has pretty cool smaller gel packs that have little dots in them. They freeze but stay malleable. I would stick those up the bottom of my pants while driving and take them to work with me also. I mention this just because you might come across a Walmart where you're staying.
 
Great news! You are well on the way to warmer weather and more chances to rehab your knee outdoors! Glad to hear you are feeling well too.
 
Thank you we're getting ready to go the rest of way. I woke up and can't sleep. Weather is already warmer


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
That's great. It was very cold here this morning but it warmed up to 21 this afternoon! I hope you get there soon.
 
So made it hear a few hours ago. Knee is a bit stiff but working on it. It took a lot longer than I thought it would because of stopping frequently to stretch and walk. Most of the trip was fine just the last 100 miles were tough.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'm glad you made it safe and sound. I hope you get to stretch out a bit. I'm sure your daughter is happy to be out of the car. Keep us updated on how you're doing.
 
Great news to hear you arrived safely! Get some rest and take care of your knee. I bet the inlaws are very happy to see you and your little darling. How is your mother in law?
 
She is very happy to see is and is doing good. Peyton was excited to get out of the car. And is running wild now. Just have to finish unloading the car.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Vangheluwec, I just wanted to check on you and see how things are going. I hope all is well and your knee is getting some rest. How is your mother in law?
 
Mother in law is good. My leg is very sore I forgot my norco and percocete at home . Hubby will try to fed ex them with Peyton's meds on the 30th. So I am working with an ibuprofen and ex Tylenol cocktail. It does not help much. I don't get to elevate a whole lot. I thought that I had them in my purse but I put the ibuprofen 800 in my purse. I thought about going to an er down here to get something for the pain but I hate the er it will waste a half day. We have made our first trip to Austin. Mil has never been their and we went downtown by the Capitol and also some shopping. My flex is still around 90 maybe a bit less bc of swelling still their. Extension is almost straight. It no longer feels weird to have my leg straight out with nothing under it. I have managed to sleep on my left side which was nice can't wait till I can sleep on right side. It doesn't help sleeping with Peyton who is glued to me all night. My quad is still not working I have a hard time lifting the leg. I no longer use a cane my limping is not to bad I am just very slow. I don't use an amigo while shopping I walk. It does take longer but I am glad I don't get the looks for using them. Hoping my gait will improve soon. My muscles don't get as tight and cramped feeling. Hoping to make it to the gym this week to sign up so I can work on some pt.




Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Why don't you call your pharmacy and have them transfer your prescription/refill to a local pharmacy there? I am sure they can do that if you have an active script. Do try to make time for yourself and take care of that knee. You have been through so much, you don't want to hurt it now. I remember trying to sleep with my daughter when she was little - no sleep for the mom! The 30th is a long time away - perhaps the ER at an off time? Good luck and stay in touch.
 
Back
Top Bottom