Revision TKR Beginning my recovery.

@Vangheluwec i didn't get on the bike until I was 10 weeks out of the TKR surgery and hadn't bent my knee for a whole month. Then it took 2 weeks of going backward and rocking, when I finally got a rotation I let out a squeal. So you are further ahead than I was at that point.
 
I've had trouble slowing down too. I've "over done it" more times than I can count. I received some challenging coloring books for Christmas - gave mea place to put my energy with out moving around too much.


Alice M, R TKR 11-02-15
 
I couldn't imagine an entire month of not being to do anything with my knee. I've done the bike about 4 times so far. I'm close to a full backwards rotation.

I have a very hard time slowing down and relaxing. I have spent many days paying for that mistake but still haven't learned my lesson. Life is just to busy and I can only put it on hold for a while.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I have a question, What does the initials MUA stand for? Thanks


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Manipulation under Anastasia. Just when the dr makes my knee bend.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Lol, *Anesthesia (Anastasia was a Russian princess in the Romanov dynasty).
@Vangheluwec , I'm glad you are feeling better after your MUA. When you are able and when the weather turns nice do you plan to bike outdoors?
 
Yes I will bike outdoors. Love the auto correct it does make some interesting sentences. I will have much nicer weather in a few weeks.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Great I will do that. I can't wait to heal up and find out everything that I will now be able to do. Life is finally going to be fun again. I won't have to cater my activities to a bad knee. My favorite thing is hiking up in the upper peninsula in Michigan. I haven't been able to do harder trails in a long time.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
So my os did give me the script I wanted for pt. 5x a week for the next 2 weeks which will be the last of my regular pt. I will then be on my own after that. Today I was able to lift my leg in both directions and do a straight leg raise with just a little bit of pain. I think my quad is finally getting to the point where it will begin working better.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
It will be a happy new year! A new knee and an opportunity to walk with-out pain. Straight and tall gliding down the street. It's coming, and it's coming in 2016! Wahoo


Alice M, R TKR 11-02-15
 
So we decided to leave for Texas early we will be heading out in the morning. Plan to stay over somewhere at least one night possibly 2 depending on how my knee does. The weather is taking a turn up here in Michigan so we want to head south to get warmer. We've got 8 inches today so are ready to head out before we get more.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi vangheluwec, did you find that the MUA helped you with your ROM. I may have to have this done i'm seeing my OS tomorrow.
 
Yes it helped me. I was stuck at 60 now I'm at 90. Pt says I will gain more after swelling goes away. I am very happy that I had it. Good luck with whatever you choose


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I hope you have a safe journey, @Vangheluwec . Take it easy and do let us know when you've arrived.
 
Thank you celle according to national weather we are all clear except rain in Texas.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Vangheluwec, safe travels! Is it still just you and your daughter? Is she excited to see her grands? Please take your time. it is better to stop and spend the night than arrive with a knee that won't let you help out. Good luck and you are covered in prayer for a safe trip and for your mother in law to have complete healing.
 
Thank you @Timetolive it is still just her and I. We will definitely be stopping at least once at a hotel. She can't wait to see grandma joy (and the 3 dogs) lol.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom