Guest viewing is limited

THR BeBe finally!!!

Keep on keeping on, BeBe.
Glad daughter will be closer.
Have a good weekend.:) :-) (:
 
HI @BeBe, congrats on round 2!! Sounds like you're doing excellent for so soon! I'm on week 3 of hip #1 and nervous to decide when to do #2. See you did 3 mos between which seems right recovery wise.

Wanted to share on the leg & foot cramps some - some remedies- if they return. Magnesium is an amazing fast remedy and has no side effects unless you take massive doses which aren't needed. I use cream or spray or straight 250 mg tablets. It takes about 5-10 minutes and works every time. It specifically targets muscles and is good for the heart and to induce sleep as well. Been prone to leg cramping for years so I warned OS and hospital I'd need my magnesium supplements nearby post op at hospital. They cleared me for it and sure enough, as soon as I got to the room came the huge Charley horses in both feet. Toes were frozen and stiff. The nurses ripped off the compression hose and were frantically spraying magnesium and rubbing away! I was glad it was there, handy. We didnt put compression hose back. But I took something to help prevent clots. If you have magnesium absorption issues, which I do, you'll notice it's worse after you drink caffeine or alcohol, more than usual amounts. If I'm having a second cup of coffee I take a preventative magnesium so I won't get cramps. Hope they don't return!

As for the pins and needles, I had that too but it gradually subsided in a few weeks. Felt like nerve response to surgery. Keep letting us know how it's going!
 
Can't believe how well you're doing BeBe!! Walking unaided (even just a few steps, it's a biggie cos that opleg doesn't like taking the weight does it!) and Driving :yay:!! I guess your drive is a little longer than mine (2 car lengths) but even so, I'm seeing that having leftie done is going to be more liberating than the right because you can drive so much earlier.....it was the getting in the driving seat that made me feel 'normal' again :happydance: Hope all the aches, pains, jabs and cramps settle down soon.....I try to think if they're short-lived and change to something else, they're probably just passing thro and aren't anything serious. I was going to ask you if you can sleep reasonably comfortably on your right side, then I remembered you're probably on your back again.....doh :doh:

Have a lovely weekend, hope your summer weather is like Baby Bear's porridge......not too hot, not too cold but just right :SUNsmile::yes!:
 
Wonderful news on your daughter, BeBe. I'm happy for you! My kids live close by and I'm thankful
because I'll bet it's difficult when they live far away. FaceTime and all of the social media is a blessing in that respect, as you can feel more connected these days.

I imagine the leg asleep sensation must be annoying. How long is that expected to last? I'll bet not much longer.

I'ts wonderful you are noticing a positive change in your gait.
And maybe you even grew taller during surgery :yay:
Great progress in taking steps and less limping. I'm sorry about the GI issues. Hopefully all regulates soon.

Summer has been good so far. Scorcher today - 100F and had to attend outdoor graduation party.
I did a drive-by...kinda / sorta. Less than an hour and I was outta there!

Loved reading your update. I hope you have a good Sunday and a great week!
@BeBe
 
@Mojo333. yepper! Ain't no stopping me now!

@1stSurgery Hi! Welcome to BS!! I need to get out off my thread more - meet people...
I was one of those who coulda shoulda been a bilateral like Mojo
but couldn't find a doc to do it. I did have this hip scheduled for the end of
August but it literally blew up and I begged for first available. When these
Old hips go hot that's it! This has been a journey for sure!
I've been taking Mag also for years now - RLS and IBS. It's such a great thing
I seems odd docs don't suggest it more often. Couldn't live without it!
The pins and needles is probably due to everything being inflamed and it is definitely
positional and eases up unless I sit for awhile. So no sitting at the desktop working...

@anny Me either!!! I'm using the cane in the house! Can you believe it!?
Answer to prayer literally. You know my history
I'm sleeping on my right side fine. In fact everything is better that way. If I stay on
my back the left leg is numb and tingly so once I get situated on my side I'm good!
Yes driving is easier with the right leg doing everything but the sitting again...
Plus I am still on narcs so...

@Storygirl Just realized you're a bilateral! I bow to you. Hope you're doing well.
I have GOT to get out to others threads- living in my own little hippy world...
And yes - prayer and walking all a hip really needs!

@Layla Yes they will be settling in Philly - moving back from Des Moines. They leave in the am.
She's towing a trailer so praying for her safety!
It is amazing the difference since both legs are now even. But since the OS
explained how oddly my femurs were angled and shaped this all makes more sense now.
Would have changed my outlook if I had that info earlier. Like 5 years ago...
But it's funny how the patient is just sometimes the last to know...
And yes I did grow! About an inch?
Stay cool in that heat! Have a good week.
 
BeBe, I'm so happy things are doing well.
Isn't a wonderful time we live in where we can do something to improve our quality of life.
I'm ever so grateful for my new lease on life.
 
Prayers for your daughter's safety as she's on the road today.
You sound so thankful and renewed, BeBe, it's wonderful to feel your joy and gratitude.
I hope your Sunday is a peaceful one and that the week ahead brings you further progress.
Hugs coming at you :loveshwr: :friends:
@BeBe
 
Hi everybody!

Happy belated Independence Day!
The past week has been a blurr. I'm at two weeks post op.
Husband was on vacation week all last week- always busy, never relaxing unless we leave home...
Daughter is home and apt and job hunting. She hasn't been home too much but,
My grand dog is home too so that makes 3 pups in the house until they get settled in Philly.

Our wedding anniversary was on the 3rd of July, we managed to go for a drive and out to eat!
I once again hit the ODIC on Friday, this time just too much life/walking/feeling pretty good hip wise,
starting to go around without the cane in the house. Pins and needles were tolerable.
Wanted to show everyone how good I'm doing this time around compared to last hip.
Walker was parked early last week.

Then I got it in my head to cut the narcs.
You guys know I have a hard time with the GI issues so I cut back to one per day at night.
By Sat am I could barely move -- back to all cane all the time. To early for this hip.
Sat and today is back to reclinerville, minus the margaritas.

So the hip says one narc in am, one in pm.
Tylenol 1gm every 6-8 hrs.
Ice ice ice

You'd think I'd know better, not my first rodeo and all.

I am dog sitting all alone this week so will have time to catch up on my BS friends. Miss you guys!
 
I'm so glad things are going so much better this time around! I guess the first time was hampered more by the second hip than you realized. It is such a hard balancing act to get the meds right and the activity levels as well. Happy anniversary - glad you were able to get out for a bit to celebrate! :loveshwr::flwrysmile:
 
Good to hear from you Bebe....belated Happy Anniversary, glad you were able to get out and celebrate. As for the meds....well, just put it down to a confident and optimistic outlook, and you have used it as a learning experience :wink: Hope going back on the full regime plus ice quickly gets it under control

Wrangling 3 dogs on your own....maybe it's time to start up the margaritas again....my 2 can certainly drive me to drink! Take it easy...no more ODI :bignono:
 
Reclinerville:heehee:
I know that place.
Still go there often.
Glad you were able to get out and about...but yep, too much too soon.
Good for you for deciding to put yourself on hiatus so you can catch back up. :ice:
 
We miss you too, BeBe!
Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you and hubs celebrated with a lot of closeness last week.
Also seems like you had a great time. I'm sorry you're suffering now. Hopefully with a few days back in
Ye Ol Recliner with some ice will do the trick. It was nice to hear from you.
Wishing you some peaceful comfort!
@BeBe
 
Hey @BeBe!
Bored yet?
Am truly hoping you are icing it up and resting so all will get back in track!:ice:
 
Hey @BeBe How are you doing? We miss you!
Time for a BeBe update.
Hope you're doing well and slowly jumping back into life.
Summer is half over already. Can't believe it.
Wishing you a great week!
 
Yes...a BeBe Update!:) :-) (:
I join Layla in wishing you a Good Week.
Hope all is going well!
 
Hi miss you too!
Doing ok just a little cruddy feeling this past week. Not so much hip related. But exhausted.
I have my first post op with OS tomorrow
Will post an update after that appt.
 
Ugh! So sorry you're feeling cruddy :console2:
Best wishes for your post op tomorrow. I hope you get all your questions answered. I recall I had a list.
Let us know how it goes, we'd love to hear.
Prayers you feel better soon, dear BeBe :prayer:
@BeBe
 
Take care of yourself...we will be here when you feel up to posting.
Healing hugs:console2:
 
Hi @BeBe
I hope you're feeling better since last week.
Wondering how your Post Op went last Thursday. I hope well.
Want to wish you a Happy One Month Anniversary!
Shoot us an update when you have time. I miss your presence on the forum.
Hugs to you. I hope your week is a good one!
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom