THR Back pain

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was late getting to work today. It's Lucy's fault, I turned alarm off and she looked so sweet her wrinkled face, tip of her tongue sticking out oh I had to cuddle. That's when I fell asleep. It was a good day, less pain. I had appointment with GP for today which I cancelled, dumb move. I wasn't thinking @Jaycey. Now I got to reschedule that will be a couple weeks now. It's wonderful being at work. When I started there I was up and ready to go and enjoyed it. By the time my husband's health had started to decline I was getting into more pain functioning. Dreading work became the norm, pain getting ready, increasing pain till evening. I only wish Keith was here to see me now. I love my job that's all.
 
I totally understand "how long will my doctor allow me to have pain meds. I'm at 4 weeks after anterior hip replacement and have just one pill left. I'm almost at the point I can switch to something not as strong. I don't work, though.

Good luck and take it as slow as you can.


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
My GP called me after I had cancelled my appointment. She is sooo cool that way. Got new appointment thanks to her concern. She is a gem.:SUNsmile: Did three loads of laundry, got kitchen almost the way I like it, clean. OS nurse called also about work release. She wanted to know how I wanted written. I thought that was strange. I told her what I've been doing and to word it so I can increase hrs worked as I feel able to and no heavy lifting. :bignono:
 
My GP called me after I had cancelled my appointment.
Wow - that is so great. You are very lucky to have that GP!
She wanted to know how I wanted written. I thought that was strange.
Actually I like that approach. She knew the wording should reflect your own situation.

So glad you have such great support there!
 
Hey I've got what is off the wall question... Has anyone felt a cold metal feeling after your ice pack has been on for about 10 min. Just asking.
 
Just one spot you can pin point on your hip?
 
Has anyone felt a cold metal feeling after your ice pack has been on for about 10 min.
Are you wrapping the ice pack in a towel before applying it? Never had this feeling.
 
Not a towel, a t shirt and then on my PJs.
 
Just thinking of you - wondering how you're doing. Are you back at work full-time? How's the pain? I re-read some of your posts. Recovery does suck. I'm taking longer than most and some days I wondered if the pain would ever go away. I think I had a breakthrough two days ago. Woke up in the middle of the night in half the pain as usual.
Instead of agonizing, it was half agonizing. :)
I then went to PT and ache a bit more. It I also went to pick up my Meds and then went food shopping. It's funny how drained I get from doing anything. But at least now I'm hopeful I will improve with time (it's been two months already) and the pain will lessen. Just last night I was walking normally for a bit, not focusing on each foot.

Working with glass sounds so cool. I can see how you love your job. Just curious - who's little wrinkled face do you wake up to?

At any rate, just wanted to say hi. Hope you have a wonderful day - Barbara
Savannah Ga.


Sent from my iPhone
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@baclectic I am doing okay. Been stressed with family lately. I'm up to 6hrs at work now. Going to physical therapy now. right side of my back is knotted up still, getting that worked out. Going for 8hrs at work next week. The wrinkle face is my bulldog Lucy. She is so sweet and loving. Just plugging along here, still have pain however I'm managing it fairly well. My back is the issue now.
 
I've been going to PT as well. Still icing as much as I can. Try it on your back. Also love the deep tissue massage I've been getting at PT. Hate when she stops. I have an Afghan Hound and a cat. They've made the stress and pain of the last few months more manageable. I'll bet your baby is adorable. Would love to see a photo.


Sent from my iPhone
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Morning @baclectic. Staying home today. Weather days ice is coming. Stressful enough driving in it let alone walking on it. I missed my PT twice this week. Didn't feel good one day and forgot the other. My PT told me heat on my back. Right side of back muscles haven't "let go". I have a cat also named Murka. She complains a lot so she is also called grumpy. Afghan hounds are like the vivas of dogs, sweet dogs. My kids say that my Lucy is a bowling ball with legs. Anyway I've got two stretches and one exercise to do at home. I feel they are helping. Still taking oxy with Tylenol before work. Company bowling party Sunday, taking both daughter's and granddaughter. Santa comes for the kids, fun. Owner's wife hand picks gifts for the little ones. I plan on throwing one bowling ball. It will be a really light one. Two months in recovery I was working only 4hrs three days a week. I was doing it however napping the afternoon away, not much on the days off. I was still napping after 6hrs till this week. Still do very little after work. I want to hit 8hrs next week so I get 8hrs for holiday pay. That's going to be a big push cause 6hrs I need an extra sit down break. [Bonesmart.org] Back pain Lucy cuddling me.
 
Ohhhh.......she's beautiful. Makes you just want to hug her.

Went to PT yesterday. Did mild exercises (or so it seemed at the time) but am sore and stiff today. I have nothing planned this weekend, short of going to Walmart to pick up some prescriptions. I'm originally from New York. Moved to Savannah in '89. Found that Walmart, duct tape , and grits are a Southern tradition.

Miles is my second Afghan. I've found them to be very silly dogs. And very laid back. Almost comprise. Actually checked to see if there was a heartbeat one day.

This web site is so great. Love to read others having same things happen to them. I've had sore feet the last few days. Desperately wanted to rub some cream on and then put a sock on. Really difficult since I can't reach my foot. I rubbed some cream on a spatula and that kinda worked. Then I used tongs and a grabber to get the half socks on. It took over five minutes, but what a feeling of satisfaction. Hope you have a peaceful, pain-free weekend.

auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20161216_eadeebc30144daf0daba44580e6596fb.jpg



Sent from my iPhone
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty Miles and kitty @baclectic. Don't know how pain free it will be. Been working on getting my house cleaned up. I've been cleaning my bathroom all day, not done yet. Got to take breaks after 10 minutes of cleaning. We just keep moving little bit by little bit. I like grits, Walmart's okay and duct tape is handy. You take care, nice talking..
 
What beautiful animals you have, @baclectic! Regarding the socks, I have had to put socks on everyday for months and months, and am as yet unable to do it unless I use a sock aid. Takes only half a minute per sock. That was smart, using the spatula to get the lotion on. I can reach my ankle on the surgical leg, but no further yet.
 
Just don't overdo. Put off what isn't necessary. It's not going anywhere. :-)


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
Today's supposed to be 75 so I probably should forget socks. It rarely gets cold here.

I'm about 2 months out, still taking 20mg. Percocet every 4 hours. In considerable pain and aching a good part of the time. I feel abnormal - like is this every going to go away?? The thigh where I got the replacement looks inflamed - pink and warm to the touch. I also have Fibromyalgia and wonder if there's a connection. My surgeon suggested I see my Rheumatologist about the FMS. I had a pedicure a few days ago and the soles of my feet hurt and ate pink. Feel like inflammation is a good part of my problem. Don't know what to do except for icon and ibuprofen. Any suggestions would be helpful. Otherwise I intend to have a lovely, relaxing day. Despite my toilet that's started leaking snd my new vacuum that isn't working right that I'll have to return. :-). Those of you that have a life partner appreciate the little things they do for you. I've been trying to convince my dog to bring me glasses of water to no avail.


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom