THR Back pain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today was a better day with me. I dig out my back brace and wore it most of the day. Took Sarah and grdaughter shopping. Went to burger king, Feed store, Walmart. Going in to work to go over my coming back soon. I figure I'll need about 1 1/2 hrs to get ready for work.
 
Just read through your thread - are you still taking pain meds regularly? Don't worry about addiction, just taper off gradually when you are ready.
You are only 8 weeks out and everything will still be healing/adjusting to your new joint. At that stage I don't think I could have done what you did yesterday (?time difference!) without collapsing exhausted! We are all different and recover at different rates but please don't overdo things (says she who is the worst offender at pushing herself!)
Best wishes from Old England
Anne
 
Good evening @Nannyannie. I am the queen of over doing it across the pond. I did have my back brace on and didn't walk much in Walmart. I'm wearing my back brace today along with small dose of pain meds as I did yesterday. We will see how it goes. If the brace is the help I need to keep me moving I'll be happy. I do need to get back to work, "cookie jar" is empty.
 
@julesglass - I'm so sorry about your back pain. As you know I have it too, though not as severe or as regularly as you. My take is that it may be due to the pelvis readjusting to the new length of our operated leg. My pain comes and goes. I find its better on the days I walk more. my PT in the hospital said as we walk our pelvises do the work of realigning themselves.

While I have occasional back pain, I sure am having daily constant pain in my buttocks. Today it is particularly bad. I. Sitting on ice packs or laying flat with ice packs, and finally broke down and took a Percocet for it today ( my first day time Percocet in a week). All this to say you're not alone with pain that sidelines you. I hope you feel better soon.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'm going back to work Monday. Say down with my supervisor and went over everything. Two weeks at three 4hrs days. Then five 4hrs days and then continue to see how it goes. I told him I was not comfortable cutting new windows yet. That requires lifting sheets of glass and carrying to light table, not happening yet. Ordered my new safety glass and went out to eat. Shout out @jaymo watch out for the booth seating at restaurants, bad for your sore bum.
 
@julesglass- I hear you on restaurant booths- they are the worst! I'm staying clear of them until further notice.

That's great about easing back into work-I think that's the right choice at this stage. And no lifting glass!! Let me know how it goes. It seems so trivial going back to work, but the extra time in the morning to dress, then dealing with all the work stuff (getting your mind back in the game after a long absence) takes a lot more energy than we realize. I'm hoping all goes well for you. I start back part time from home in another week. It's going to take me a while to get back into it mentally I'm sure. I'm glad I'm not starting back in the office since it takes me longer to dress right now still using dressing aids.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'm glad I had retired from teaching by the time I had my hip done - but easing back into work gradually is sensible. Just the effort of getting up, showered and breakfasted made me ready for a nap for weeks!
 
I figure 1 1/2 hr to get ready for work, 40 minute drive with 4hr work day. Six hours a day not bad.
 
And then nothing but resting once you are home. You may still have the energy drain to cope with.
 
Yeah @Jaycey resting in the evening. I still have my moments of low energy. :yawn:
 
@julesglass Good luck with going back to work. I have been reading your thread and learning from your experience. I have lower back pain atm, I am hoping it is hip related. :fingersx:
 
I did it, I made it working for 3hrs & 45min on my feet. I took a pain pill along with Tylenol before work and again 4hrs later. I was ready to head home at noon. Now it's rest time till Wed. :cool:
 
Great news! Hopefully it will get easier with each passing workday.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Another day at work. I'm defiantly ready for 10:00 break when it rolls around. About 11:30 I'm starting to feel that I'm ready to go home. Got home and took a 3hr nap. I'm glad Cory is here to cook, there is no way I would be up to that. Everyone I work with are awesome helping me move window panels I can't. Coworker took windows out of frames for me. Great group of people to work with. Tomorrow I'll get a little cleaning done and just hang out.
 
Resting on my bed right now. Friday went good at work. Same as Mon and Wed two hours and ready to sit. I was able to cut some glass, felt good! Back brace really helps to be able to stand along with oxy with Tylenol. Got another week of 3 half days. Have started taking my house back. Slowly ever slowly. I'm not wearing brace on weekends to let muscles get a workout with more rest time in between light cleaning. Nothing but happy with my mobility even with constant back pain.
 
Hit a low spot today driving home from work. I was hurting pretty bad, did more walking around at work. I started to think "how long before this back pain end" , "I'm so tired of pain". I then started to encourage myself. We have a Christmas family bowling company party. I never bowled at it. I've decided to throw one ball this year. That perked me up. So here I lay in bed with my sleeping granddaughter beside me. I'm getting concerned about doing five half days next week. Tylenol and the brace aren't enough to get me through now. I still need the oxy, even at home at times ( morning & evenings ). I see OS Dec 5th. How long is he going to let me have oxy?
 
How long is he going to let me have oxy?
There are other options for back pain relief. You might want to visit you family doctor about this. Your OS is just treating your hip and might not want to deal with back issues.

Can you delay your increase in work days until you get this back pain under control?
 
I'm going to take easy at work, however I do need to get back to regular hrs soon. I'll go to doc as you say @Jaycey and possibly a chiropractor. OS cleared me to go to chiropractor last time I saw him. I'll keep on working on it. Thanks for your reply.:cool:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom