TKR Back for the LTKR

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to give you a little hint for the ice machine that you may or may not like. I took 12 oz water bottles, took a little water out of each one and froze them. I put a little water in the ice machine and as many water bottles that would fit in the water. It would last me most of the night. The ice machine was the most favorite item i used in my recovery.

Have a great day!
 
@Lauramacky I merged your threads as per this request One thread for your recovery please?
Please don't keep starting new threads about your recovery.

The reasons for this are that it
1. makes it easier for guests to read the continuous story of a member's recovery - the most important reason
2. avoids people duplicating and repeating things like links to articles
3. helps us to refresh on what you've had done and when, plus what advice was given previously
5. keeps all advice previously given on hand for the poster
6. makes it unnecessary for the member to keep repeating surgery details
7. just makes it easier for everyone all round!

Thank you very much!
 
:hi: Hi @Lauramacky,
Love my Cryo cuff ice machine -actually have it on now :chillpill::ice: with leg elevated as I catch up on BoneSmart. Had my LTKR on 17 July.

Begin to semi sleep on my side about 2 weeks post-op, difficult to find a comfortable position that didn't put too much pressure on the knee- but when I did it was bliss, used a pillow between my knees And also kept the Cryo cuff well iced on the knee.

Four weeks out and sleeping on my side is not a problem, but still use the Cryo cuff ice wrap on the knee when going to bed.

Ice after my walks or at home PT. Think that ice and more ice works for me.
Take care. :flwrysmile:
 
@Josephine so where is the thread? Here? I'm so sorry. It's confusing on the apps and me not feeling up to snuff!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Nana moon 27. I'm glad you can find me easily now. It was a bit confusing for everyone.

I'm doing well thank you. Much better than the last time. I'm managing the pain and this ice machine is so great!

PT came and really didn't do much thank goodness except went over my meds, measured my ROM which is 90 and 10 and made sure my CPM machine was fitted properly. They gave me very gentle things to do like foot pumps and gentle heel slides and that was it.

Hubby made me chicken soup too with fresh peas!

Thank you for asking. I've never watched so much tv lol. Back to it!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi Laura!
Wow, a long time since I've been on here! Glad to hear you are doing so well so soon! Well jealous of the 90 ROM! 21 months since my original replacement & I can only achieve 100. Just to say keep up with the good work & you'll be running before you know it...even if you didn't do it before :heehee: Jaki x
 
I am so glad to hear how well you are doing. Am hoping my upcoming tkr also goes as well. Your ROM is fabulous and you have a great attitude. I also loved my ice machine. It was like heaven to me!! I was so happy my OS is a big fan of icing and it was started immediately in the hospital! I am looking forward to reading about your recovery!
 
@Muttkey yes Jaki! It had a been a long time for me as well being here. Thank god for HERE! I always had good bend the first time too. My issue is straightening although this one isn't as bad as the last.....so far lol.

Now on his app I can't remember the name of the person that commented after Muttley...but thank you for commenting. Was it @Jozilla? Hmm...well, part of the reason I can't remember is I am not sleeping. Uh boy was last night rough. My back hurts from trying to get in and out of the cpm and my pain meds are keeping me up. I really don't think there is a pain med on this earth that will make me sleep. :(. I struggle greatly with sleep anyway let alone when I have something like this going on. Really a bummer!

How many weeks am I in this machine? LOOOL.

I still feel pretty good though because my experience is not like the last leg. No where is my hubby to give me breakfast? I am so bad!

Pardon the typos but it's early here and I can't see. O_O


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Ahhhhh....I will admit we have a pretty nice view here from our back deck. I was just outside enjoying it!
[Bonesmart.org] Back for the LTKR



Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
:hi: @Lauramacky
Hi can I move to your house ? Would you consider AirB&B?
That view is the best tonic for recovery that I have ever seen.
Lucky you,
Take care,
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
Wow what a view! It is so pretty it doesn't look real. Happy recovery - I would spend my time outside on a deck! Ice and pillows included!
 
@Jozilla i will admit I love it. We moved here a few months ago and love it! I go out in the mornings to listen to and watch the ducks and then again in the evening and watch the white peregrine Falcons sweep the sky. In bed now. Too tired from zero sleep last night!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom