THR Aussie's Posterior LTHR

Hope you had a good weekend @MyAussieGirl
Snowy and cold here also. The fear of falling is a bummer. I feel it too.
The snow and cold fit the Christmas mood but it's definitely not my kind of weather.
Wishing you a good week!
 
Awww @MyAussieGirl sorry for the earlier tummy troubles. Hope they stay sorted. On the bright side, yay for Xmas tree, yoga, especially with doggy kisses, and getting that shoe off. Hugs


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Lol jots down date and name...for the record @danabanana ... I agree however that I can finally untie at least one shoe laces is a big deal. I want to do my own shoes and socks it's been like a goal of mine before ANY surgery. Doggy is cute
[Bonesmart.org] Aussie's Posterior LTHR
 
Socks and shoe laces are one of my goals as well. The more important one I gave my nurse and PT on first THR was that I wasn't leaving the hospital unless I could independently get to and use the bathroom, get into and out of and use the shower and dress myself. My primary caregiver is my 16 YO son with my 22 YO son as backup. I'm not sure who'd be more traumatized by one of them having to help me into my undies - them or me!
 
I was so happy when I could get rid of elastic laces and put real shoe laces back in shoes. Must admit elastic laces were great for independence. Good job walking backwards @MyAussieGirl . Dog is adorable.
 
Hey Mags. Your canine pal is so dry! :snork:
I bought another pair of shoes, hiking boots waterproof...on line.
They came yesterday. Too tight, that's why don't like to shop on line, aaargh.
Hope your week is going well. See you are getting some kind of winter weather your way?
It just gets drizzly Yuk here.
Maybe I can get these dumb boots stretched...don't see anyone in this small town that does that.
Hope you are tummy trouble free.
Hugs for you:santa hug:
 
Lucky me it's summer here, so no socks required. As for the shoes, slip-on everything atm... But I too, took putting on shoes and socks for granted. *meh* Hoping that when my restrictions are lifted are my six week check I can get serious about proper shoes again. (One month today - gosh) :happydance:
 
Missing you @MyAussieGirl
How is the PT going? Love the dog pic!
Hope the week is going well for you :loveshwr:
 
Wow so much love and many messages. Thank you everyone. Its winter here and yes Mojo mega snow temps out in teens. My shoes are good for it all of you but I can't reach them. Hubby puts socks and shoes on. Ugh though I can still undo lace number 1. I prefer flip flops and wear them anytime I can. I fear not ever being able too do it.

I haven't tried stretch laces
I kind of hope to be normal or as I can be lol

Thanks on doggy he still must fiddle and kiss at yoga time lol he is cute. Someone gave him to the shelter after $2.5 yes...I found him there 6 days later..I think he got testy with one of their kids...sad

Anyhow I agree shoes by shopping online not a good idea ....sorry you must return them. I get SAS shoes in person. My next appt is Thursday. I am rushed so sorry ..hip is a vit sore been mega busy

Cooper is Dry indeed lo!

Two goals minus no pain

Shoes and socks off and bon by self and being able to sit and get up on a lounge chair...they area very low...whine

Hugs to all.
 
You will surely get there. You, Gone again, and others who have endured 2 hip surgeries within 6 months of each other.
All I have is my bilateral experience...Yea, tough it was and still can have issues due to overdoing, but at 6 months I started feeling alot more normal...then you had to do it again. Alot to deal with.
It will be a better year, 2018.
I believe!
Hope today is a Good Day
 
Thanks all. I even with just hip one could not do the shoe tying it's vexing. I hope you're right @Gone again .... I am not patient ...lol not news I know
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom