THR Aussie's Posterior LTHR

EVERYONE I do not want to multiple tag nor miss anybody so I scream EVERYONE...... I was able to undo my one shoes lace yesterday, I got the shoe off. I still can't do that on my newest hip side...yet. I also walk pretty normal...gotta say in my head heel to heel toe all the time. We set the tree up but haven't decorated it yet. I did the steps today at my mother in law's ...ouch but I did it. YAYYYYY!!!

I have gone now 3 days no tummy issues AND I had pizza today at MILs be place

At the surgeons office I was telling him how the PT questionnaire asked if I could run... I said you know I didn't know how to answer that and so I tried and hubby saw it....my hip kind of gave. Doc was shaking his head the whole time. He put his arm around me and said I only want you to run if a bear is chasing you. So later I looked it up online I guess all or most OS are not for running..My point is always ask YOUR doctor before doing anything like that

My hubby came in the room I thought he would help but nope the goon asks if we can do Yoga again. Which I am glad to know yes but I wanted more x-ray... doctor said mine are good etc...love that doctor :santaclap:
 
Congratulations @MyAussieGirl- shoes are a tremendous milestone! In terms of running, I haven’t been much of a runner for years. I didn’t discover until a couple of weeks ago that I can run if needed when I chased down three year old grandson trying to make escape. I can do my simple yoga stretches, which seems enough to help me. Glad you have a good doc.
 
Running? No, youre not allowed to run, me either. Had to semi run after daughters dog who doesn't know how to stay away from cars when sister came home from town the other day. Got hollered at by my husband.
Sister is non-compliant with diabetes diet protocol and doubles up on insulin, then low blood sugar episodes....etc. Still healing from toe amputation. I don't know what to do with her. She's so sweet...but her husband stays on her also but she just cheats and doesn't have diabetes managed.
I'm glad doctor said you are good.
Wonder if Santa says the same?:santa hug:
 
Running No never I blew out my first knee jogging. Dr told me to never run and that I’m not built for it. I did use to enjoy it but now I’d rather ride a bike. I guess my body is built more for pie. Plus you can’t out run a bear. You only need to out run whoever your with. Haha
 
What a wonderful update! @MyAussieGirl
So much positivity. All is great news but I'm most excited those pesky tummy issues
have resolved. I'm sure you're running effort / display made your doc's day yesterday. The visual coupled
with your explanation is funny :heehee:
Yay for steps, Yay for pizza at MIL's, Yay for decorating the tree.
You're on your way....2018 is going to be great! :yes!:
 
I'll catch up late if I can
I have church tonight been on the phone all day with BCBS,.....other calls too.. I think it's all fixed but so stressed me is stressing

Hugs
 
Your grandma was really right @Mojo333 I wanna cry ... I got the day wrong on church and just had well :horseriding: again I like a dunce forgot to get it in collecting container now I have to hope and pray I go again. I need to get well for a while :beg:
 
Oh my stars @MyAussieGirl
I have some white bean soup with fresh carrots, celery, onion, and lots of black pepper.
That'll get you going.
Almost made hubby go sit on the porch last night.:eeeuw:
Pot big enough for two more days.
 
I wish my friend would call.

Now you have me thinking on beans for real.... I wanna get this over with ....

I am going to hop off I keep wanting for a phone call... can't be here and on boards as it's all my phone ...color me discouraged and sad

@Mojo333
 
I just stopped by to check up on you @MyAussieGirl . Sorry to hear about the tummy issues. I think a lot of times that may be brought on by stress just like @Mojo333 said. Being on the phone all day with BCBS could do it, that's for sure!! However, I feel sure you will get this all under control.

Good for you for getting your tree up already. We haven't got ours up yet but maybe tomorrow. We got about 6 inches of snow so it is looking quite wintry and much like Christmas now.

Hang in there, MAG! You will get this all under control and then you can look ahead to a wonderful 2018. By the way, congratulations on getting the shoe off!! That is fantastic:wowspring::wowspring:
 
Last edited:
Hey @cpollock I miss you and yes my tree is up , manger, outside decorations out. Christmas cards were in the mail before December 1 ... I am on it Missy :tree lights:
 
GrannyC @GrannyC I am so glad to hear from you thanks for being on my cheering team. I miss you. Yes snowy, cold here. Very Christmas like out and in. Even did the fireplace ... I figured I'd get a lump of coal anyhoo.

I think the tummy issues could be so much stress but before the new year I hope they get the tests done. I could have IBS..plus is I weighed less than I have since I was 12
 
Small update then I'm outta here. No issues tummy wise. It is cold and snowy here slippery out too with 2 new hips it's scary walking into church and stores. Lots of PT this month.

I had to lol my head off tonight it's my first Christmas with my Aussie doggy mix. Hubby and I were trying yoga after a long hiatus due to hips. I was laying on floor dog is licking me making me lol like a fool. Walking all over me. Next he was on his back next to me sooooo cute

I still can't get up or down to floor without using something like a chair to put my hand on... frustrating
 
Since I had problems getting off the floor even before my hips got bad, I feel for you! I was just getting into decent shape after my first THR and getting some of that flexibility/strength back when the second hip started to go. Love the dog's reaction to yoga, though!
 
Hehe enjoyed reading through the updates! Yay on pizza, Christmas tree, yoga with sloppy dog kisses, and hope you can get that poop scooped right shortly! :heehee:

I am a former marathon runner. Ran my first 1/2 10 yrs ago...and was hooked! Added road cycling races and swimming to the mix. Love it all but especially running. I was training for a spring 1/2 in 2015 when I got sick and it all came to screeching halt...by fall I had my diagnosis of Crohns Disease (Inflammatory Bowel Disease, different than IBS) which is an auto immune disease, my immune system overreacts seeing my guts as enemy of the state and attacks it, creating ulcers and others inflammation garbage. No cure for it but there are loads of different treatments that can bring remission from time to time, which I haven't achieved yet but thats another story for another day....ANYHOW....The Prednisone I had to take for awhile is what then gave me Avasular Necrosis in my hip (bone death) which is why I ended up here, at BS....and my point of all this? I was told very sternly, NO MORE MARATHONS... Ever. NO RUNNING unless it's to save you from a bear or a serial killer. I've posted about that for a long time. But....I am excited to get back on my road bike. :biking: And I'll definitely swim more
:swim:. and perhaps I'll join a speed walking group and become one of those speed Walker marathon types...the ones I used to giggle at because let's be honest, speed walkers look so hilarious!!! Hahaha
 
Finding new passions is a good alternative to resuming old ones.
Especially if they are pain free!
Hope your Sunday is sweet MAGS.
On the way to South Carolina to see mother...haven't been in months.
Been traveling hour and half...that's enough of this.
Will be there soon though.
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom