Guest viewing is limited

THR Aussie's Posterior LTHR

Great OS visit @MyAussieGirl ......good news!
It won't hurt to be cautious a little longer.
Found myself thinking about how miserable and
uncomfortable I was for the holidays last year. I'll bet a lot of us were.
But not this year :yay::happydance::yes!::spin::dancy::cheers::martini: :egypdance: Love those little peeps!!
Hope your day was good and that your sleep is sweet. Wishing you a great Wednesday!
 
My sleep stunk @Layla but the rest of the days been good. I feel much much safer still using most precautions ... I had 4 weeks to go so 2 won't hurt being extra good..
May do all 4 just not perfect
 
@MyAussieGirl
No it won't hurt to follow restrictions a little longer. I wasn't given any restrictions. No 90 degree.....nothing!
I pretty much followed it on my own anyway. Didn't want to take any chances.
My OS recommended moving thoughtfully / carefully and let my body dictate what it could
or couldn't do. Nope.....I dictated :heehee:
 
Question....how many of you if any ..after eating beet powder... I am mixing it in yogurt....urinate pink?? I ate it two days had 2 days of it.... I feel okay but ????
 
Also when were you told you could start sleeping or laying by on your operated side?? My PA said I could I am close to 8 weeks but ??? Anterior can do all so this would be for the rest of you and.... thanks :loveshwr:
 
Yep, pink urine after beets is normal. You're so feminine you pee pink!

You could sleep on your newest hip side now, I believe...... if it's comfortable.
I was hesitant to try it till way after it was okay to. Finally caved and now it's the only
side I can sleep on since opposite side shoulder gets angry if I sleep on it :gaah:

I lay on my op side with body pillow in between legs. Fall asleep that way every night.
Hope you're having a good day @MyAussieGirl
 
Yes yes @Layla and @Susan209 both to feminine AND shoulder pain..first surgery was a worry as I have a torn rotators cuff I was told....now be I'm stuck sleeping on it all the time. Hugs to all of you :sleep: he is sleeping on other shoulder
 
@MyAussieGirl Makes my shoulder hurt talking about it.
Mine is rotator cuff, one full, one partial plus bicep pulled away from shoulder.
I have tried to lay on op side but having the lateral incision it is still tender to lay on. Plus just like with hip 1, I feel like I am laying on a golf ball. Want to lay anywhere besides back or right side but just not time yet I guess. Hope you rest well and the cold/yucky weather blues lifts.
 
Hi @MyAussieGirl
We're getting old :tantrum: we're falling apart :hissy: except for Sue @Susan209 she's 39 and holding.
I like her.....even though she's just a baby, she's fun, has a sense of humor :heehee:
She's coming over to this side, herself, in just 5 days!

In all our aches and pains we still have one another :console2: @mysticfairy61
 
Lol I know @Susan209 she's been a bud for ages but without a thread I could find

You're old @Layla lmao not moi

[Bonesmart.org] Aussie's Posterior LTHR
 
:hi: @MyAussieGirl
It's somebody's birthday.....umm, wonder who? It's My Aussie Girls birthday!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the woman who never fails to put a smile on my face. The one who's
been a constant through my recovery and the recoveries of many others.

Let's show her some LOVE like she does so many others.

Love you MAG! Hope you have the best birthday ever and that the next year brings you love,
comfort, peace and ALL things good :loveshwr::flwrysmile::SUNsmile:
 
I totally agree with everything Layla said! You are the best, @MyAussieGirl !! You are always right here for all of us and cheer us up when we need it most!! I love the work you are doing for Epilepsy, too. Have a fantastic birthday and many, many more to come :roseshwr: :yes!: :SUNsmile: :cheers:
 
Happy day @MyAussieGirll! I don't remember when I was told I could lay on my operated side--I just woke up and was on it. I do remember it took some time for it to feel really comfortable for an extended period.
 
Awww huge HUGS to Layla, GrannyC, Snickers and MammaT you're all too kind THANK YOU!!! I had a great day been out to eat got a dozen yellow roses and an Amazon gift card from hubby and pets. You all say such nice things about me I can't believe you think I'm so special but thank you. This year I got a LOT of Birthday wishes...ya all make me feel 10 ft tall.

MommyT I have laid pwe the of by my PA on my operated side I can't stay long but I wonder if bits safe so soon..I can't find info on it looking
 
@mystikfairy61 I will someday get an xray on that shoulder. My family doc is just guessing..right now I sleep on that side...sorry you too deal with this seems we all do
 
I think after 6 weeks I was cleared for the laying on side. I remember being disappointed that because I could it didn't feel as great as I wanted!
 
Back
Top Bottom