Guest viewing is limited

THR Aussie's Posterior LTHR

okey dokey, hot cool dry pink heels for your dressed-up invisible dog walk-- perfect! :heehee:

I didn't have the 90 degree thing, although it hurt a lot to get there and past, so it was kind of self limiting. I think they must have given you that leg lifter so you'd have it if you needed it. Part of a kit, "we give this to all our hip patients as a little present" sort of thing. My first-hip kit had a sock putter onner in it-- diameter about 8", and there's not a pair of socks in the house that would begin to stretch over them. Anyway it was May in Tidewater Virginia-- I had zero plans to wear socks! The only thing I used from that kit was the grabber, belatedly, after the tendonitis hit as I recall. So this hip, I wasn't given a kit. The grabber was very useful from day one. I don't even know where the other things went to!
 
I just wanted to know yes or no ...do we have to use something other than our own muscles to get that leg up ????? ..No panic... I asked as I don't want my hubby to help me if he doesn't need to
 
Last edited:
I am now thinking of a pair of red suede boots high up the leg I saw last year at JCPENNEY I am not a shoe boot addict but saw them and swooned.

No no socks in warm weather ugh lol

I am beat no reason home early...
Slept great ...we did have a major weather change here last night.

Speaking of last night I was laying in front of TV in living room last night and reading....
I started to fall asleep.... hardly ever do that....and suddenly felt something moist and horrible on my arm... snapped out of almost if not asleep...dog had his toy on my arm. Second time I almost went out... I jolted up to my own mega sneezing fit :heehee: Nope no naps for me but I will say I slept well and was stunned I almost fell asleep reading to TV sound
 
I never used a leg lifter. I also didn't have a sock putter-onner. My physical therapist was really upset about that. I never figured out why. I had THR in the spring and didn't wear socks much.

Sent from my Venue 7 3730 using Tapatalk
 
oh ICK ICK dog slobbery toy!!!! You know, I napped a whole lot with my first hip, and some of the best ones were where I fell asleep while watching Monarch Of The Glen on Netflix. I would get woken up by the deafening silence when the episode was over :alarm: I am so glad you're getting better sleep!!!!
 
I can lift it on my own no hands no help.... okay thanks all I am gonna make dinner now then eat and this is one night we watch be lots of TV. So I may not be back on tonight but THANK YOU EVERYONE :ice::console2:.

Hugs to all and @Mojo333 extra hugs you Missy need more rest .... Though it has to be hard cause you're doing good things
 
Just means you don't have log leg...good thing I'm thinking. Maybe they didn't stretch around with all those muscles and tendons like they had to on first. I say GOOD SIGN:yahoo:
 
I never used a leg picker upper. I couldn't lift my own leg first night after surgery. By the second night I could lift it using only my leg muscles. My thoughts are if you need to use one then use it, if not dont.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
 
Whew! @ My Aussie Girl
Got really nervous a few posts back when you mentioned you were falling asleep and woke to something
moist and horrible. Gasped.... feared we were going back to this :horseriding:
or who knows what :censored: :heehee: on this thread........it's our nightly entertainment.

Loved the "I have 3 sock putter onners but this is my first leash". :rotfl:
 
I agree with @zauberflöte that it is just something they give to everyone in case they need it. You are among the lucky ones that don't need it so just move your leg on your own. There is no reason to have someone move it for you if you are able to do it ok and don't break any 90 degree rules. I had log leg for a few days so needed help but it didn't last very long thank goodness. My leg lifter the hospital gave me was just a long strip of some sort of stretchy fabric - like a long belt - and definitely not an "official" lifter. I never did get a sock thingy. I could do one sock and for a couple weeks my husband had to help with the other one on operated leg. Finally I could just do it myself.

Sounds like your recovery is going along very well. I think that couch has made a huge difference in your recovery!!
 
Wow my fan club is pretty much all here. I am on less sleep than normal lately and to avoid crabby won't be on too long. Lol ewww @Layla not THAT :heehee:

I love the sofa as far as freedom @GrannyC . It can be a little too hard and a leg butt or arm will fall asleep but sweet freedom :rofsign:

I had loglog with hip 1 @Mojo333 it was not easy to do much this IS much nicer. I hate to ask hubby as it will tie me up like no new sofa
 
Back
Top Bottom