Guest viewing is limited

THR Aussie's Posterior LTHR

I actually have a Question.

At what week do we get to drop the leg lifting into bed or sofa? You know that thing used to lift your leg I read most people forget this pretty quickly. I must have asked this with my PT but I don't see it in here.
I don't recall the rule on it
 
Aww, you're a sweetheart, Aussie Girl!
I'm glad you're out and about most days and walking a lot.....that's a great sign!
Now it's time to ice, ice baby.... Remember that guy and that song, haha :heehee:
1989......almost half a lifetime ago :holysheep:
 
Do most people use one? I never did. I think my mom brought one over here.
Is it that thing that looks like you're walking an invisible dog? @MyAussieGirl
Aaah....you don't need that!
 
Hi to the gathering bunch
@zauberflöte @Layla @Mojo333 @MyAussieGirl
Stopped by and did some catching up. I have to agree on the feeling old and I haven't even hit 60 yet. I had my first done right after I turned 53 and this one at 56. Getting the repair(goodness I sound like a car that went to the shop) it does make you feel a decade or more younger. Funny I guess it is kind of like a car getting a complete overhaul, I sure felt like I had one.
As church goes, the one I attend, services are Wed and Sun but there are so many other things other days of the week like bible studies etc so always something to go to. I attend Baptist but agree with Layla it is the people not the denomination.
Saw the Vegas stuff and now California fires, seems it is always something. Glad everyone is doing good, just wanted to say hi to my favorite ladies. :loveshwr::wave:
 
Just moved and my like femur hurts...or muscles by it..or femur...it traveled down the front of my femur. I can put full weight on it and walk...no swelling no red coloration. Normal? Also I was going to lump the 2 questions together but too late hehe.

Thanks @Layla and @Miggie I never used mine either and can just do my leg to the sofa laying no need for this band ...never used it the other hip maybe hubby lifted leg till I could on my own but I am like ..doh

@mystikfairy61 glad to see you here now it's me behind so bare with me as I gotta go soon
 
Hi @mystikfairy61
It sounds as though you're doing really well.....so awesome to hear.
You're not old! Funny how a new hip does make you feel more youthful, puts a spring back into your step.
Or a wiggle in your tushie, haha!
I think it was Zaubs who said that about church.
For me it's about Christ and the Cross. If those two elements aren't part of the equasion I'm outta there!
It is always something, Donna. Those fires are scary, lots of destruction.
Hope you're all having a good night!
 
You're fine MAG. You're still so very early on in recovery.
I recall so many little pains, prickles, twinges here and there and they all are usually short lived,
then there's another in a different location. It's all part and parcel to the trauma your poor leg just suffered.
You were really active today too. You mentioned you walked a lot.
I know.....you're just trying to get into that ODIC aren't you?
Take your meds, use your ice and call me in the morning!
Do I sound like your doctor now? @MyAussieGirl
 
Hi @MyAussieGirl. I never used the leg lifter either although my thigh was very weak. I couldn't move it without assistance for a few weeks. Just takes time for the brain, muscles and nerves to start talking to one another again! Take care...Rita
 
@MyAussieGirl just already about using a lifter. The first week I had so much swelling I had someone else help me lift it. Then for another week I used my robe belt to lift both up onto bed and off bed. Then started trying to do it without anything and within 2 days I didn't need anything. But we all are different in how things go and as you and I both know, each hip recovery was different. You have got this!
 
Hey @MyAussieGirl
I used it some but hooking around my foot sometimes proved more aggravating than just getting it myself. Hubby did mostly when I was going to actual bed. I know you are anxious but this recovery is gonna carry us back to age 29 by this time next year.
I went to a fundraiser last night and stressed over sitting in chair for almost 3 hours and even donned a small wedge shoe I wasnt sure I should be wearing.
All went well, except it lasted until 10 pm which is way past my bedtime...I get up before 5am so long day.
Hope your day is as lovely as you are:dogwalk:
 
I used my leg lifter for maybe a week but the first couple days my husband just lifted leg for me as I couldn't do it myself. I totally agree with @Layla about all the aches and twinges, etc. early on. We all got that at some point and then next thing you know it is gone. I think it is all part of healing and nothing to be concerned about. It might even be gone by the time you read this. Glad you are sleeping well as thatbis very important.

It sounds to me like your recovery is moving along very well. You will certsinky be ready for the beach next summer! :swim:
 
well hey @MyAussieGirl glad to hear you sounding better!!!! :curtsey:

Since I had anterior, my leg-lifting issues might be different than yours. For both hips I used the other leg to lift the op leg into bed, onto the couch, and my hands to lift op leg into car.Since I can still get groin pain in op leg on straight lifting like that, I am being very conservative about it, and still giving it all the help it wants, at 12 weeks tomorrow (!!!!wow I don't believe that!) I did get a leg lifter for the first hip, took one look at it and realized that my fuzzy slipper was never going to fit in that chihuahua-neck-size hole, and put it away.

As to your front-of-thigh pain-- ODIC anyone? It's just one of those things. In my first hip journal I drew pictures of where all the pains were, and worried about it. This hip, I just went with the flow-- the first one had turned out ok, hadn't it. :yes: And we always have to bear in mind, no two hips are going to be the same, so we may as well just let it float on by.

Definitely all going to be 29 this time next year, and we'll have to have a reunion and Forever TwentyNine party!!!
 
Just for fun, to make me smile......I'm going to picture you out and about with hubby today
sauntering around with your pretty curled hair, wearing your pink blouse with your black floral skirt....
acting like your walking an invisible dog with your leg lifter.......as people stop and stare, scratching
their heads, chuckling under their breath :rofsign:
BUT in my vision you'll be wearing cute shoes too......not dowdy, old lady shoes.
Love you @MyAussieGirl :loveshwr: I hope you have a great day and some laughs :rotfl:
 
Wow gang thanks... I am not sure I can address all one by one but in general thank you.

I asked on the leg lifter cause this time they gave me one but I don't need ANYTHING I can normal person lift it and have been...thus I wonder SHOULD I have lifted it with that??? It hasn't been swollen since about day 3. I've gone to having hubby lift it but has I can do it natually I wonder if that's necessary.


Last hip stayed log legged ...seems like a week or two. Hubby lifted it. My arms are too short or something to lift my leg by HAND without crossing the 90 degree rule. But I could not lift or move that leg on my own this one I can.

Soon I gotta go I will try to get back here but I've cool new hot looking heels to wear out and Fox up in pink
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom